Map and game mode ideas

Started by Galactus123, May 02, 2020, 09:12:55 AM

Author
Map and game mode ideas (Read 2,214 times)

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Kailem on May 05, 2020, 06:29:49 PM
They could just have the red predkour lines go along the outside edges of building rooftops. Hell I feel like they should have them going along the pipelines and some of the man-made structures on parts of the Derailed map, since getting up there and running along them easily would be advantageous for the Predator.

Scaffolds. Power lines. Fire escapes. Street lamps and signs.

And don't forget the AI OWLF agents with Nitrogen Guns!

Veteran Warrior

Veteran Warrior

Exactly! Make a smaller arena with a smaller time limit. Have it be the neat locker and a Pred for OWLF agents

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on May 05, 2020, 03:40:04 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 04, 2020, 07:40:44 AM
A Predators themed map is what I genuinely want most at the minute. It still retains the jungle environment, but you can have things like the Berserker camp and the drilling site to make it stand out more from the current maps.

Add AI Hell Hounds that attack the fireteam... and AI River Ghosts that attack the Predator... and my head would explode!

#OneCanDream

I'd like Hounds and the Falcon to be gear, that could be carried over to the other maps. That'd be a nice content drop, give the Predator some added variety too.

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on May 05, 2020, 06:51:06 PM
They could just have the red predkour lines go along the outside edges of building rooftops. Hell I feel like they should have them going along the pipelines and some of the man-made structures on parts of the Derailed map, since getting up there and running along them easily would be advantageous for the Predator.

There's an added issue with lack of cover though.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 07, 2020, 09:48:45 AM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on May 05, 2020, 03:40:04 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 04, 2020, 07:40:44 AM
A Predators themed map is what I genuinely want most at the minute. It still retains the jungle environment, but you can have things like the Berserker camp and the drilling site to make it stand out more from the current maps.

Add AI Hell Hounds that attack the fireteam... and AI River Ghosts that attack the Predator... and my head would explode!

#OneCanDream

I'd like Hounds and the Falcon to be gear, that could be carried over to the other maps. That'd be a nice content drop, give the Predator some added variety too.

There's an added issue with lack of cover though.

Lately as a Predator I feel more safer in cover behind a structure or on a rooftop than in the trees.

Mama Zerg

Mama Zerg

I really want some form of ranked and competitive play so that the community doesn't have to make and manage it all themselves as a big starting point imho.

Galactus123

Galactus123

Snow maps would be great too. Maybe something like the village from AvP (2004):

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Probably way off the mark from the core of the game, but i'd love to see a Man vs Beast mode where you play as a lone surviving soldier who has to use makeshift traps, and equipment, and mud, to beat the Predator.

Galactus123

Galactus123

Quote from: OpenMaw on May 10, 2020, 07:02:52 PM
Probably way off the mark from the core of the game, but i'd love to see a Man vs Beast mode where you play as a lone surviving soldier who has to use makeshift traps, and equipment, and mud, to beat the Predator.
That would be great. I hope they add a mode that has two Predators and more Fireteam members.

Galactus123

Galactus123

And don't forget the AI OWLF agents with Nitrogen Guns!

I hope they include those. City map needs its own outfits. One map I would like to see is a jungle map with big waterfall like in the first movie and you could swim.

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

After playing for weeks now, I'm really starting to notice how the lack of maps can get to people. Its really just three maps with different mission varieties. That and the lack of game modes is really making this game stale really quick. This needs to be addressed in the next update soon or else people are going to drop this and I really don't want this to happen as this game, even with my issues with it, is genuinely getting fun and interesting.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Somehow, a proper city map should include the Lost Tribe's starship.

Also LV- 1201

Galactus123

Galactus123

I wonder if the new maps will be free? I would understand if they are not but more people would play them if they are free. Its hard to find matches for the DLC maps in Star Wars: Battlefront(2015) now years later.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: Galactus123 on Jun 03, 2020, 11:56:34 AM
I wonder if the new maps will be free? I would understand if they are not but more people would play them if they are free. Its hard to find matches for the DLC maps in Star Wars: Battlefront(2015) now years later.

Yeah this. AVP2010 made great DLC maps but its a problem when only a few players have it, you might never have the chance to find a match on it. The Free DLC should be the maps or new modes, otherwise it will separate players on matchmaking between those that bought the DLC and the ones that didn't, and considering the issues it had with matchmaking time so far... bad idea.

Let the paid DLC be customization stuff for those that care such things.

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

We are all sleeping on the possibly the best DLC that can come around for Hunting Grounds  :D

But all honestly, aside from new maps and game modes, the Speargun is usually absent here, and rarely has it left the Predator's side in past games. Needs to be here. Perhaps, taking cues form Predator 2, a powerful but loud long range sniper weapon.

Oh and the recent game lore like in the Dutch's tapes mentions that Stargazer is making new weapons based on Predator tech. Early stage plasma rifles anyone? 

Galactus123

Galactus123

The new menu looks great. I hope they add nighttime maps:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed