The AVPR Redux cut is fantastic

Started by TheRenegadeMan, May 23, 2023, 12:08:16 AM

Author
The AVPR Redux cut is fantastic (Read 10,122 times)

TheRenegadeMan

It's a shame the movie was tarnished by the teenagers. Without them, you really see the acting effort and love put into the predators and aliens, the lore, etc.
And damn, Wolf is by far the most bad ass predator to date.

SiL

SiL

Does the redux remove all the bits where Wolf is about to die because of how useless he is only for the Aliens to be somehow more useless?

Is it a fan Edit?

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: TheRenegadeMan on May 23, 2023, 12:08:16 AMIt's a shame the movie was tarnished by the teenagers. Without them, you really see the acting effort and love put into the predators and aliens, the lore, etc.

Does it suddenly make the Alien designs good?

Does it make Wolf not a complete moron?

Absolute nonsense, it is rotten to the core, lore included. When people come out with stuff like this, it diminishes the credibility of the effect editing can have, but the material needs to be somewhat good in the first place.

No amount of clever editing can save the last Seasons of GoT, the Star Wars Prequels or Sequels, or indeed the AVP films up to now. Sometimes things just fundamentally are what they are.

Eal

Eal

It all comes down to the story and characters. If they're rotten, no amount of trimming away at the fat will leave you with anything good, just an ugly skeleton.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: TheRenegadeMan on May 23, 2023, 12:08:16 AMIt's a shame the movie was tarnished by the teenagers. Without them, you really see the acting effort and love put into the predators and aliens, the lore, etc.

I'm more accepting of AvPR than most, and I find this hard to believe.

SiL

SiL

I also thought Ricky was one of the better performances in the movie.

A low bar to clear, but still.

[cancerblack]

Too bad about the... you know.

SiL

SiL

I chose my words careful but yeah :-X

TheRenegadeMan

I like it. You don't. Don't read my post then.

[cancerblack]

Your bold claim is going to make people read your post, and many will be dubious at best that anything can improve AvPR.

SiL and I both doubt in particular that removing the teens will be an improvement.

This is how forums work.

SiL

SiL

I still don't even know what the Redux is. Is it a fan edit?

City Hunter Yautja

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on May 23, 2023, 12:30:56 PM

Does it suddenly make the Alien designs good?

Does it make Wolf not a complete moron?

Absolute nonsense, it is rotten to the core, lore included. When people come out with stuff like this, it diminishes the credibility of the effect editing can have, but the material needs to be somewhat good in the first place.

No amount of clever editing can save the last Seasons of GoT, the Star Wars Prequels or Sequels, or indeed the AVP films up to now. Sometimes things just fundamentally are what they are.

I never felt Wolf was moron. He takes out the power plant trying to kill the Predalien, which is most dangerious Xenomorph of all. He takes some how do I say.. uncessary risks, but he knows this creature is capable of wiping out the best of prey, humanity.

TheRenegadeMan

Regardless if people agree or disagree that the teens ruined AVPR...
Wolf is my favorite Predator to date. Regardless if he blew up a power plant? A moron though?  No human is perfect either. But no human is going to even fathom getting frustrated fighting a damn PredAlien either!
Let's see a human hunter with the skill set Wolf has. Starting with countless  different dangerous species kills over decades, awesome improvising skills in combat, brute strength, and badass whip skills, single handedly. ONE single human. Yeah, no.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Nah, he repeatedly does things that either make no sense at all, given his cover-up job, or that by all rights should have gotten him killed except the Aliens just behave even dumber instead of reacting normally.

(Edit)
And I'm saying this as someone who's watched it a dozen times and actually enjoyed it most of those times. Wolf is an absolute clown.

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: TheRenegadeMan on May 27, 2023, 10:41:31 PMRegardless if people agree or disagree that the teens ruined AVPR...
Wolf is my favorite Predator to date. Regardless if he blew up a power plant? A moron though?  No human is perfect either. But no human is going to even fathom getting frustrated fighting a damn PredAlien either!
Let's see a human hunter with the skill set Wolf has. Starting with countless  different dangerous species kills over decades, awesome improvising skills in combat, brute strength, and badass whip skills, single handedly. ONE single human. Yeah, no.

Wolf us my favorite after City Hunter in Pred 2. I think he's bombad, he freaking strangles two Xenomorphs in the sewers with ome in each hand, and his duel with the Predalien is to quote Gollick, "magnificent!" (Alien 3, Assembly Cut)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed