Aliens: Resistance (Defiance sequel)

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Sep 28, 2018, 06:24:14 PM

Author
Aliens: Resistance (Defiance sequel) (Read 70,904 times)

The Old One

The Old One

Well... What's the alternative with PREDATOR?
Because I don't see one, I think taking it seriously is evidently a bit of a one trick pony. Maybe I'm wrong and we'll get a good, serious Predator film or game in the future though.

SiL

SiL

Taking it seriously and a film production bringing their A game. We've had the combination all of once.

The Old One

The Old One

Once.

SiL

SiL

I'm not sure what you're trying to ad to the discussion with that ??? Are you agreeing? Disagreeing?

The Old One

The Old One

I'm saying it happened once, but everything else since that's been successful to some degree, at least to keep the brand afloat were varying degrees of not-so-serious. And I'm not advocating for slapstick comedy, but just a colourful, dark, twisted Predator mythos that- like themselves (running around in fishnets and loincloths hunting men in a jungle) may seem ludicrous at first glance, and to a degree it is but- is taken seriously in the context of it's own narrative.

SiL

SiL

Thanks. Not sure how I was supposed to get all that from "Once."

The Old One

The Old One

No problem.

Xenomrph

Quote from: SiL on Feb 19, 2019, 08:19:21 AM
Taking it seriously and a film production bringing their A game. We've had the combination all of once.
In what context are you using "seriously" here? Because if you mean tone, I'd say at least twice ('Predator' and 'Predators').

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Xenomrph on Feb 21, 2019, 09:25:04 AM
Quote from: SiL on Feb 19, 2019, 08:19:21 AM
In what context are you using "seriously" here? Because if you mean tone, I'd say at least twice ('Predator' and 'Predators').
Predators fell short of the second half of the combination.

Nightmare Asylum

Just read issue one. It was ok. Much better than the second half of Defiance just on the basis that it was competently written.

Not super excited about the prospect of continuing Amanda's story like this, and the portrayal of WY is pretty cartoon villain-esque, but I have a soft spot for Zula and Davis.

Corporal Hicks

Samhain13

Issue 2 felt quite average, meh, whole story feels unnecessary. But I wouldn't mind seeing those combat synths on other stuff.

Xiggz456

Xiggz456

Solid issue! Already impatiently waiting for issue 3 though with that cliffhanger! My only critique is the dialogue boxes on certain panels make it difficult to figure out which character is doing the talking. I know some comics give different shades to the dialogue boxes to help differentiate but it's usually done with superheroes who always wear the same color making it easier to color coordinate with.

Spoiler
I really like that synthetics run this black site. It makes sense as they wouldn't have to worry about pesky human ethics haha
[close]

Nukiemorph

Quote from: Xiggz456 on Feb 28, 2019, 06:47:49 PM
My only critique is the dialogue boxes on certain panels make it difficult to figure out which character is doing the talking.

Agreed...  Honestly, I think I had a bigger problem with it than you did.  I kind of struggled to understand what was going on for a lot of this issue.

Local Trouble

Spoiler
If the majority of the dirty work is being done by androids under the cabal's direction, I think my concerns over the pretext have been assuaged.
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed