Aliens: Resistance (Defiance sequel)

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Sep 28, 2018, 06:24:14 PM

Author
Aliens: Resistance (Defiance sequel) (Read 76,295 times)

SM

SM

QuoteIt's a rather weak argument to state;

'Urban pacification' is deliberately dropping them on unruly civilians or enemies or "terrorists".

As if that's their only application for urban pacification.

I'm not seeing any other meaning for 'urban pacification' in this context.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Would it be accurate to say that all our whinging is premature until the whole story is told?

SM

SM

Nah.

The story has a long way to run, so best to get in early with the whinging and beat the rush.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: SM on Jan 28, 2019, 12:31:45 AM
I'm not seeing any other meaning for 'urban pacification' in this context.

Quote from: The Old One on Jan 27, 2019, 03:05:00 PM
"Potential applications go way beyond urban pacification."
You can still utilise the biological components, the Alien has for urban pacification.

Wren & Gedimen never state that utilisation of the Alien as foot-soldiers is what they mean, that's merely an assumption.

SM

SM

And the only assumption I can see that fits in this instance.

Other applications are a bonus.

The Old One

The Old One

But... it's clearly not the only assumption that fits.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 28, 2019, 12:36:50 AM
Would it be accurate to say that all our whinging is premature until the whole story is told?
I like griping.

Local Trouble

I like whinging.  Especially when SM is obligated to remain cryptic about what he knows.

SM

SM

You know much different it will make?

This much

Local Trouble

I figure if we whinge enough, you'll make some calls and stop the presses.

SiL

SiL

Now Hicks needs to swoop in with Dallas telling the crew to knock it off.

The Old One

The Old One

Resistance has a difficult job ahead of it, not only does it have to redeem the last six issues of Defiance, but also be a worthy successor to Isolation, justify the controlled Xenomorphs without undermining the idea that they can't really be controlled, develop Amanda Ripley and Zula Hendricks as characters and justify the war crime W-Y just committed that sets up the premise. (All whilst covering it all up convincingly somehow so it doesn't effect continuity.) All could be very exciting if handled well, if not- I dread to think.

SiL

SiL

So it just needs to tell a good story, basically.

As for continuity -- The EU is always second fiddle, if that. If it screws the pooch on continuity it can be easily ignored. I doubt that'll be the case, just whether people like the conceit (such as Ripley Memory Wipes, tm).

The Old One

The Old One

Jesus Christ, I hope we don't have a DH Novel Trilogy (Either) situation on our hands, contrivances left and right.

Local Trouble

Don't forget that the company has to lose all traces of their specimens so that Ripley and her queen are their only hope.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed