Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 828,492 times)

Gentleman Death

Gentleman Death

Tenet....4/5

....Holy shit that was a crazy movie, and in a good way. It's nice to see a movie nowadays that genuinely supersets me with the overall production and technique.

Savages 2.75/5....

....It was nice to see Oliver stone back doing his usual style, I think the last good movie I've seen by him was U-Turn. He needs to get back doing what we know him for...

"He has wargasms."

Huggs

Huggs

Collateral (2.5/5)

2010 (4/5)

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

The Wraith (1986)
"After a young man is murdered by a road-racing gang of motor-heads, a mysterious fast-driving spirit descends from the sky to take revenge."
Starring Charlie Sheen and Randy Quaid.

Not good but ok 80's cheese with some decent moments.

Huggs

Huggs

The Tingler (3/5)

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Underwater 3/5

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on May 17, 2021, 02:32:52 PM
Underwater 3/5

Better than what I thought it would be. Visually and production wise it's superb.
Spoiler
The Big Cthulhu reveal at the end was a nice surprise
[close]

426Buddy

426Buddy

I enjoyed it myself, I had ultra low expectations. I would say a solid 3/5 as well.

Huggs

Huggs

Hannibal (3.5/5)

Gentleman Death

Gentleman Death

Dead Ringers (3.5/5)....

....Never seen this Croenenberg movie before and really enjoyed it. Jeremy Irons absolutely nails the characters of the twins.

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on May 16, 2021, 03:58:46 AM
The Wraith (1986)
"After a young man is murdered by a road-racing gang of motor-heads, a mysterious fast-driving spirit descends from the sky to take revenge."
Starring Charlie Sheen and Randy Quaid.

Not good but ok 80's cheese with some decent moments.

I love this movie  :-[

It was a slow burn but worth it at the end, I didn't see that coming.   As the mother of a teen girl, this really brought to light how ISIS is luring these girls to leave their privileged life to go to these guys over seas.   

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

1917 (3/5)

I felt it was a wonderful visual achievement, but it never had me very invested.

kwisatz

kwisatz

Hard to Be a God (2013)

Beast of a film. Could make out plot pieces, symbolic stuff here and there but yeah, I think it's almost impossible to adequately perceive this without having read the novel, which I plan to.

Going in fully unprepared made watching this a great trip though. Sort of a raw experience,  three hours of being bombarded with stuff that sometimes rejects any attempt of decryption. At least in a wider sense.

But yeah this fairly easily makes the Top 10 most hermetic stuff I ever watched. Atmosphere's great though. The cinematography's even better.

Round 2 incoming soon

LastSonofKrypton

LastSonofKrypton

The Witches (2020)

The original is a childhood favourite. This was as awful as it was pointless. I can't believe Zemeckis and Del Toro were involved in such a dumpster fire

SM

SM

The Tracker

Excellent.

426Buddy

426Buddy

With Dolph? Trailer looks terrible  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed