Ian Whyte Interview!!!

Started by echobbase79, Dec 16, 2007, 06:36:54 PM

Author
Ian Whyte Interview!!! (Read 8,089 times)

echobbase79

echobbase79

A really nice guy. I'm getting lucky with these interviews so far. :)

http://predatorscout.proboards59.com/index.cgi?board=avp2&action=display&thread=1197831218

Yautja161

Yautja161

my evening is ruind!
I saw a photo of Anderson  >:(

TheUrbanPredator

TheUrbanPredator

Quote from: echobbase79 on Dec 16, 2007, 06:36:54 PM

A really nice guy. I'm getting lucky with these interviews so far. :)

http://predatorscout.proboards59.com/index.cgi?board=avp2&action=display&thread=1197827046

Great interview! Thanks for posting man, that was a good read. Kevin Peter Hall (R.I.P) would be proud of Ian.  :)

chandoog

chandoog

nice interview, Whyte really seems dedicated to the role. Good on him.

Predalienslayer

Predalienslayer

Nice reading. Great post, thanks alot :)

Quote from: Yautja161 on Dec 16, 2007, 06:45:10 PM
my evening is ruind!
I saw a photo of Anderson  >:(
LOL :D :D

nukem11

nukem11

Quote from: TheUrbanPredator on Dec 16, 2007, 06:47:32 PM
Great interview! Thanks for posting man, that was a good read. Kevin Peter Hall (R.I.P) would be proud of Ian.  :)

Im sure he would be. ;D

Gameoverman!GAMEOVER!

Can someone copy and paste the interview for me? it keeps saying that an error has occured every time i click the link  :(

severen76

severen76

Quote from: Gameoverman!GAMEOVER! on Dec 16, 2007, 06:54:34 PM
Can someone copy and paste the interview for me? it keeps saying that an error has occured every time i click the link  :(

Ditto

Yautja666

Yautja666

There you go.

1. Before we get into AvP: R, let's venture back into the past for a moment. What were you thoughts of the final product of AvP?

I liked it. It worked as a film, regardless of your opinion on whether it actually fitted in alongside the separate franchises or not. I was a fan of the original films, but I was only vaguely aware of the existence of the AvP concept, so my excitement concerning the release of the film was more to do with my own involvement in it rather than anticipation of the first live action realization of the franchise.

2. In AvP the armor looked like it caused some problems with movement and body language. Was it uncomfortable sometimes?

I wouldn?t really call it uncomfortable, the suit was certainly heavy, Delivering a convincing performance through such a costume is difficult at the best of times, but the sort of universal rule of costume performance where the character has no face, (most of the time) and does not speak is that body language has to sell the performance. The character has got to look as unlike a man in a rubber costume as possible, so any problems that you encounter as a performer have just got to be overcome.

3. How long was the make-up and fitting process for that film?

There is no prosthetic make up, the body suit is exactly that and the head is a helmet. The whole application takes roughly an hour.

4. Now getting into Requiem, first give us a brief description of the new Predator you play dubbed Wolf?

Greg and Colin dubbed him Wolf because they likened his character to that of Winston Wolf played by Harvey Keitel in Pulp Fiction; he is, in a nutshell, the cleaner! Aesthetically he is very reminiscent of the original Predator, but more of a grizzled, experienced warrior. He bears the scars of countless battles and wields his array of weapons with unmatched skill.

5. Tell us how you approached your performance this time around compared
to AvP?

It's obvious this movie requited a lot more physical action.
To be honest, I have been training for this role ever since the first film. AvP was a huge departure for me, but my preparation for the action involved was limited to about a month. I was far more confident with my preparation for AvP-R because there has been a little voice in my head saying: ?Sooner or later you?re going to asked to do another one and you?d better be ready!? So, ever since AvP I have been training solidly in Chinese martial arts; Tai Chi, Kung Fu, Ba Gua, kickboxing, weapons etc? and it has proven invaluable.

6. Were you happy that the film was taking a much darker tone than the rather light one in AvP?

Yes, very happy. It is beyond any doubt that the Predator is a bad guy, even if he was seen to exude ?vaguely? human characteristics in the last film, so the darker tone of AvP-R gave me greater scope to explore the true nature of the Character. Also the Brothers wanted to regain the tense horror of the originals, so rather than have scientists and archeologists trying to come up with an explanation as to the presence of alien life forms on Earth, you?ve got normal people with normal fears saying ?RUN!?

7. Did you enjoy the new weapons in AvP: R? Which was your favorite?

The whip, definitely the whip!

8.Tell us a bit about Wolf?s helmet? What?s with these markings?

Well, he is a vastly experienced warrior so I suppose they are like tribal markings, or battle honors. I don?t speak the language fluently, so I don?t know for sure.

9. Compare the working styles of directors Paul Anderson and Bros. Strause?

This has suddenly become the most difficult interview I have ever had to do! Both Paul Anderson and The Brothers Strause were complete gentlemen and joy to work for and I would have no hesitation in working with either of them again. When you consider that this movie (AvP-R) was the brother?s first crack at a full-length feature, what they have accomplished is nothing short of genius and I was astonished at their experience and professionalism. AvP had a huge budget and we must have shot enough footage for two separate films, but on AvP-R the brothers approached every shot with the utmost care and attention and if you want to gauge just how much care and attention has gone into this film, just consider that it has been in post production for an entire year.

10. Do you feel this role has now been passed down to you? Would you come back again for another one?

I had no hesitation agreeing to do a second film and I will have no hesitation agreeing to do a third.

11. Has playing the Predator helped your movie career? What other projects do you have lined up?

To begin with, being the Predator WAS my movie career, but now I am starting to line up other things. It is a very exciting time for me right now, I?d love to tell you all about it, I really would!

echobbase79

echobbase79

Don't let mothers mess with computers.

It's back up, but not the way I wanted it.

severen76

severen76

thanks yautja666

Gameoverman!GAMEOVER!

Thanks alot Yautja666  :)

Yautja161

Yautja161

yautja161... yautja666....

how many yautja's with a number are coming here

TheUrbanPredator

TheUrbanPredator

Quote from: Yautja161 on Dec 16, 2007, 07:02:49 PM
yautja161... yautja666....

how many yautja's with a number are coming here

Haha quite a lot I think.  ;) :D

Yautja161

Yautja161

sonofabitch!  :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed