AVP3 Ideas

Started by Originalsin, Jun 06, 2007, 08:25:09 PM

Author
AVP3 Ideas (Read 357,107 times)

Space_Dementia

Space_Dementia

Quote from: The Old One on Mar 11, 2019, 12:47:36 AM
The VG's excellent but perhaps the love's half nostalgia?

And yeah... it may very well be to be honest, its been years since I played them and was in my early teens when I first played AVP 2, so not sure myself how they have survived the test of time...(I do intend on revisiting them soon) but I will agree, its mostly nostalgia at the moment when it comes to the games and just remembering how scary and atmospheric they were at the time.

The Old One

The Old One

Monolith's AVP's worn indeed, but it's excellent today regardless.

But a masterpiece or perfect? No.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: The Old One on Mar 11, 2019, 12:47:36 AM
The VG's excellent but perhaps the love's half nostalgia?

It is.  It would have to be retooled to a more serious scale in a modern retelling.

Right now a replay feels like Jurassic Park in space.  There is nothing wrong with JP, it just not as heavy as the Alien universe.

Samhain13

Samhain13

I recently replayed AVP2 and it was as great as ever. Actually by using certain mods(the 2007's texture overhaul, some better looking alien skins) + on 1080p for the first time on my 27'' monitor it ended up being one of my most fun playthroughs of it.

AhabPredator

AhabPredator

Quote from: Samhain13 on Mar 11, 2019, 01:27:52 AM
I recently replayed AVP2 and it was as great as ever. Actually by using certain mods(the 2007's texture overhaul, some better looking alien skins) + on 1080p for the first time on my 27'' monitor it ended up being one of my most fun playthroughs of it.

That sounds amazing. I miss that game so much. I really wish it would be remastered.

Ion

Ion

I have started a script(plot points) for AVP3...
It has some immature plot points which i am currently developing.
please have a read and feel free to tear it down...

Earth 2025
Alien cargo dropped by unknown entity on earth (The Amazon jungle).
aliens develop from all kinds of animals including a group of human poachers.
The aliens form a hive in an cave with the queen still developing.

Predators scout ship observe a intelligent life form capable of flight for the
first time apart from themselves which hovers over many isolated parts of the
earth unnoticed by humans.

The Predator scout ship sends a signal to its home world for a investigation
following which 2 different warring clans depart towards earth , each
striving for self worth and honor, each seeking dominance
One of the clan is very different from the predators we've come to know.
Comparatively less dependent on technology, Slightly leaner and muscular,
look physically stronger, shorter nails on dominant hand and long,sharp on the other,
Longer thin dreads.
Markings on face, similar to earth tribes. Height a minimum of 8 Feet.
Posses Sharp weapons, and a hand held plasma canon.

On earth ,
A secret organisation formed jointly by the USA, Russia, India and Japan.
'JURI' observe this anomaly. The UFO departs at light speed.

'JURI'
With global security as their aim, they have been working for more than
2 decades, forming a organised response team to alien threats.
This organisation has no knowledge of the existence of Xenos.

Another organisation namely "The Weyland Corp", observe the same from a space station.
Following the events of AVP:R this Company along with the Yutani Corporation
have knowledge of both the Xenomorphs and the Predator.
They possess High-Tech Inventory , including weapons and instruments.
Have no knowledge of the predator events of 1987 and 1997.

TurokSwe

TurokSwe

I've been working on an AVP3 concept for a while now, and it's intended to act as the first of a two-part story arc that bridges the gaps between all the twelve films (particularly Alien Resurrection, The Predator, Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem, and Alien: Covenant). The main setting being LV-426 and involving an ancient feud between the Engineers and the Space Jockeys (which are not the same) and a royal band of Predators which leads to the Derelict crash on Acheron. It also involves David and his army of evolved Protomorphs going up against the traditional Xenomorphs of the Engineers before it leaves that planetoid behind and sets things up for an epic Earth War finale with AVP4, occurring prior to Alien Resurrection and following through on story elements (including the Predator Killer and the Assassin Predators) introduced in The Predator.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I hope if they ever make another it washes the taste of AVP and Requiem out of general audiences mouths.

No shitty Alien designs, no shitty Predator designs, and by God no return of the super shitty PredAlien design we already got.

It ought to come across as a mashup of Aliens (1986) and Predator (1987), with the original story as the film's blueprint, I do wonder what that anime looked like.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I think AvP needs a reboot more than either standalone franchise. 

Just ignore the first two AvP movies and don't tie them into anything.

Don't include temples or any of that shit either. 

Future timeline, Aliens fighting Preds with humans in the middle at a human location.  Alien species and Predator species could be tied into future movies.

My idea way back in the day was to ignore the EU that says the Aliens and Preds have known of each other's existence for a long time, and have them (a single alien and a single pred) meet for the first time in a human infested ship where a Pred picks up a human distress signal where the Alien is picking off the crew.

The crew is trapped between two killers and has the plan of leading them into each other so they can escape on a shuttle/pred ship whatever. 

The difference between this idea and the other ideas is that the Alien and Pred wouldn't know each other's capabilities before hand. 

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Yes I like that idea definitely.

And call it Alien Versus Predator.

Then the sequel Aliens Versus Predators.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jun 09, 2021, 02:45:33 AM
The difference between this idea and the other ideas is that the Alien and Pred wouldn't know each other's capabilities before hand.

I actually really like that idea, but then it does make me a little worried about limiting any mythology. But I 100% want to see just one Alien and one Predator beat the shit out of each other, where every encounter is meaningful.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

The way I see it, with the Predator's strength, cunning, technology, weaponry and skills far surpassing the Colonial Marines, I don't think a single Alien versus a Predator for the entire length of the film would jive with audiences, or with fans (except for perhaps Alien fans itching to transform a single Alien to an unstoppable beast. :))

The Alien is smart and stealthy and dangerous and could best a Predator quickly by using its environment, jumping out of the shadows and killing it,  but you can't keep running that scenario through the course of the entire movie.

You can disarm the Predator and have it go hand-to-hand combat with an Alien, but again you can't keep running that scenario through the course of the entire movie. 120 Minutes full of punching & slashing. Yawn.

Remember, the Predator is not an unarmed, combat untrained, blue-collar worker that would get a job on the Nostromo here! :)

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Absolute nonsense.

There's a reason Thicker Than Blood's lauded as the best AVP graphic novel since the original.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Trash Queen on Jun 09, 2021, 02:12:35 PM
Absolute nonsense.

There's a reason Thicker Than Blood's lauded as the best AVP graphic novel since the original.

Lauded by whom? Not all. Consensus on the art, definitely, but there's no consensus on the story.

https://comicbookroundup.com/comic-books/reviews/dark-horse-comics/alien-vs-predator-thicker-than-blood

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/48619102-alien-vs-predator

But that isn't even one Alien versus one Predator the entire story, the scenario we are discussing. It was 3 Predators against one Alien. You're filling your story with the first Predator the Alien attacked & killed by surprise. (Perfectly plausible). The second Predator, the Alien beat without a scratch but we don't know how (you have to show this stuff, especially in film.) And the third Predator with only one arm & one leg (only with the help of two "kids") defeated it. Logical? No. But there ya go.

And differing opinions do not equate to absolute nonsense my dear! :)

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I think the idea of having one each forces creativity.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed