New Alien First Person Shooter in development @ Cold Iron Studios

Started by Moosh89, Jan 17, 2018, 05:20:48 PM

Author
New Alien First Person Shooter in development @ Cold Iron Studios (Read 154,299 times)

Xenomrph

Quote from: TYRANTKINGALIEN on May 04, 2020, 11:30:46 PM
Kraden Exactly lmfao, the single alien mode with 11 humans would have been that mode. 1 player chosen as xeno, all humans are Dropped into map with nothing. And the xeno shows up in 5 minutes, the next 5 minutes has items/crate dropped in like 3 locations, in each crate there is a escape pod key and select items that can help you survive and escape or kill the bastard granted enough humans have survived and collected enough gear.
Than the last 5 minutes, random 2 dead players spawn as working Joe's that are suposed to help the players and (have working joe stations around as well so when somone/your dumb friend dies random players can bring back them back, or you can save your buddy.... kind of lol) can damage the alien and die just the same. You have 5 minutes to make it to the escape pod.

The best part is isolation allready had massive segments of the station that would have been perfect.
2-3 levels and just vents layered all over for the alien.

You could have choke points, remote controll doors, lockable airshafts and even rooms you could lock your self in. Have the mic chat only work with people within 20 feet of you.
The survival horror aspect they missed with isolation makes my blood boil.
I'd have rather seen  a version with an AI Alien hunting a bunch of players, rather than the Alien being human-controlled.

Kradan

Voodoo Magic

I'm having trouble visualizing a Destiny style Alien game... but I'm intrigued!

Kimarhi

I see it as more division style personally.  Destiny is sci-fi but way too cartoony for the alienverse.

JokersWarPig

I'd be ok with it being Division style

Xenomrph

Quote from: JokersWarPig on May 05, 2020, 05:05:04 PM
The Division shames the Tom Clancy "brand".

I'm just not a fan of looter-shooters in general.

PVTDukeMorrison

Quote from: Xenomrph on May 05, 2020, 08:56:32 PM

Man every game post Rainbow six vegas 2 is shaming the tom clancy brand, you could power a city from the centrifugal force of him spinning in his grave

Xenomrph

Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on May 05, 2020, 10:35:58 PM
Quote from: Xenomrph on May 05, 2020, 08:56:32 PM

Man every game post Rainbow six vegas 2 is shaming the tom clancy brand, you could power a city from the centrifugal force of him spinning in his grave
I dunno, Splinter Cell Blacklist was kind of fantastic.

I'm even willing to give HAWX and some of the Ghost Recon games a pass. GRAW was real good.

Kimarhi

I liked the division world building but it definitely lacks the realism of the originals where you would get smoked in one hit.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: seattle24 on May 04, 2020, 01:10:17 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 03, 2020, 08:23:36 PM
O hope they're pretty restrained in the Alien variants. I don't really want to see them go full Kenner. Even Colonial Marines went too far with the silly designs, in my opinion.

Now, if they wanted to do offshoots a la the Newborn or the Neomorphs as a result of genetic tampering/experimentation with the raw materials, that's an entirely different thing that I would be all for.

100%

I'd be very impressed if they made use of the neomorph, possibly some of David's Labs concepts brought to life as well. Just hate it when designers do something like add a weird crest to a typical Alien body, another limb or three etc.

Guess the term as previously mentioned is "full Kenner"

Never go full Kenner!

j0nesy

if done right, an open world game set in the alien universe could be special: imagine touching down on an lv426-esque planet and coming upon something like the derelict

i know alien isolation did this (and very well), but exploring the mysteries of this universe we love, with no pre-defined path, is an exciting idea to me

Kimarhi

That would be cool so long as they STAYED AWAY from Hadley's Hope and the derelict.  I'm so tired of the overuse of those two structures and LV 426 in particular.

I'd be more interested in seeing a variety of human colonies, kind of like what was promised in the original A:CM. 

Xenomrph

Quote from: Kimarhi on May 06, 2020, 10:59:26 AM
That would be cool so long as they STAYED AWAY from Hadley's Hope and the derelict.  I'm so tired of the overuse of those two structures and LV 426 in particular.

I'd be more interested in seeing a variety of human colonies, kind of like what was promised in the original A:CM. 
Definitely agree - if players want to experience LV-426 there are like 15 other games out there that let them do that.

Schrödinger

Hm. The big kicker for me is... Will cosmetics be "18$s for Blue" (Looking at you FO76 and Anthem). Or pull a SWTOR with Subscription+PaidContent.....Or Gears 5... 10 bucks to have a cardboard box skin for J4CK....

Don't get me wrong, I know they gotta make money. But maybe I'm just old hat. I played SWG back in the day. You pay your subscription, and that's it. Everything else you gotta earn the hard knocks way. No BS.

I'm fine if it'll be like 99cents for a skin or at least under 5 bucks and tagged as "Supporting the devs.", but anything that can be earned in the game shouldn't be buyable and should be earned via old fashioned gameplay.

But I guess we will wait and see.....

Rabbit2100

As someone who plays Destiny, more than theyd like to admit, I couldnt imagine a further removed universe from Alien. I cant even understand what kind of loot would be dropped. Destiny is a game that's literally filled with thousands of unique guns. Theres like 10 types of guns in the alien universe, extended universe as well. It just doesnt seem like an even fun idea to have a looter-shooter alien game

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed