Michael Fassbender Says ‘Alien: Covenant’ Is “Much Scarier” Than ‘Prometheus’

Started by T Dog, Jul 25, 2016, 04:58:55 PM

Author
Michael Fassbender Says ‘Alien: Covenant’ Is “Much Scarier” Than ‘Prometheus’ (Read 24,082 times)

Astronoë

Astronoë

Quote from: SuicideDoors on Jul 25, 2016, 05:25:21 PM
Jesus it seems like they're actually bringing it home for fans. It sounds like a prequel to Alien. And that carries a lot of expectation and excitement. They're aware Prometheus didn't work, but it wasn't without merit. This might be the film which puts Alien atop of the pantheon again

Ehm... I think you need to re-read what Fassbender says..

also screw Alien, good movie, but I don't want this trilogy to be tied to Alien at all...remember that the space jockey was ancient...I don't want them to retcon that...

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jul 25, 2016, 09:57:07 PM
Hmm, Fassbender is about to become one of the few Alien actors who have been in more than 1 Alien film.  Along with Noomi Rapace.  So far that distinction belongs to Sigourney Weaver and Lance Henrikson only I think.  Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

You forgot Ripley's cat.

Scorpio

Quote from: Astronoë on Jul 25, 2016, 11:15:34 PM

You forgot Ripley's cat.

Not the same cat, though.

Tom Woodruff has been in a few alien films.

Bio Mech Hunter

The problem is Prometheus wasn't scary at all. There was some tension, but that's pretty much it. The bar was set pretty low. It shouldn't be hard to top that. Still, here's hoping they're attempting to top the level of fear the first two Alien films had.

acrediblesource

Yes Prometheus wasn't scary unless you recall the scary bits. Otherwise it's called a Thriller, suspense.
So technically there were scary bits and it goes without saying. Unless you have a much higher tolerance to disgust.

whiterabbit

Quote from: windebieste on Jul 25, 2016, 10:55:33 PM
Sounds great so far!  I'm sooo looking forward to how this movie pans out but I've just got one question:

If this is an 'ALIEN' movie, then where's Ripley?  Why is Sigourney Weaver not appearing in it?  Must b fail already. 

OK.  So that's 2 questions.  I'm so durhp.  :P*

-Windebieste.

*sarcasm alert.
Whoa man, check that sarcasm at the front door pronto! Cause Ripley is in the movie. Maybe not Sigourney Weaver, unless they do that terminator motion capture bullshit.

You forgot Ripley's cat.
Come to think about it, has there been any reports of pussy on board the Covenant? Surely they have a pussy cat or maybe two patrolling on the ship. That has to be the main reason Prometheus didn't feel alien, no Sigourney Weaver  is one thing, but no cat as well? Come on Ridley, time for reshoots. :P

SuicideDoors

Quote from: SuicideDoors on Jul 25, 2016, 05:25:21 PM
Jesus it seems like they're actually bringing it home for fans. It sounds like a prequel to Alien. And that carries a lot of expectation and excitement. They're aware Prometheus didn't work, but it wasn't without merit. This might be the film which puts Alien atop of the pantheon again

Ehm... I think you need to re-read what Fassbender says..

also screw Alien, good movie, but I don't want this trilogy to be tied to Alien at all...remember that the space jockey was ancient...I don't want them to retcon that...

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jul 25, 2016, 09:57:07 PM
Hmm, Fassbender is about to become one of the few Alien actors who have been in more than 1 Alien film.  Along with Noomi Rapace.  So far that distinction belongs to Sigourney Weaver and Lance Henrikson only I think.  Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

You forgot Ripley's cat.

http://images.ucomics.com/comics/ga/2006/ga060529.gif

I just never expected Prometheus 2 to be this Alien. Like I said Prometheus isn't without merit, if Alien Covenant is grandiose that'll be a trait derived from Prometheus

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: acrediblesource on Jul 26, 2016, 02:30:34 AM
Yes Prometheus wasn't scary unless you recall the scary bits. Otherwise it's called a Thriller, suspense.
So technically there were scary bits and it goes without saying. Unless you have a much higher tolerance to disgust.

When I first watched Prometheus and there was that moment where Fifield and Milburn were informed of a "ping", I thought that was a pretty scary moment.  I mean, the first time you watch it, you have no idea what that ping is, but you know it can't be good...

I'd say that was probably the scariest moment in an alien film in 30 years.

Corporal Hicks

I can't say I found any fear in that. It wasn't presented as being scary, just another mystery.

It's funny because the trailer gave it this air of terror and then there was that audio of the hammerpede scene that was released that sounded terrifying but Prometheus just doesn't take that approach. At all.

Admittedly, I do find those black Engineer eyes creepy as f**k though.

jhudson

Prometheus was about as scary as waking up one morning and pulling back the covers to reveal your own body nesting beneath.

Corporal Hicks

whiterabbit

Prometheus had scary bits but after a certain age it's bits just doesn't cut it anymore. Show this movie back in 1950 and it would have been wet the bed terrifying.

magical_boy

Well if an actor starring in the film says so, must be true :P

BishopShouldGo

He's not saying it's good. He's saying it's scary.

Adam802

Better be. Prometheus wasn't scary at all.

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: magical_boy on Jul 26, 2016, 03:52:53 PM
Well if an actor starring in the film says so, must be true :P

Apparently Danny Mcbride also said the same about the film. ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed