Possible Space Jockey Pictures

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 29, 2011, 06:23:21 AM

Author
Possible Space Jockey Pictures (Read 66,045 times)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Byohzrd on Sep 29, 2011, 09:27:41 AM
to me it appears this may be a .....DIFFERENT JOCKEY? look at the new images and the lack of pipes and greeblies. could there possibly be more then one?

Yeah, I brought up that possibility at the panel. The environment, looks similar but different. Looks like stone to me. I think it's a completely different place.

Quote from: Snowdog on Sep 29, 2011, 11:31:22 AM
Not a 100% convinced this is real. But if it is i'm pleased  8)

Why don't people here trust me?

Divpax

Divpax

Well I guess this confirms the alien prequelness of it all for those insane people still in doubt. I say people... person

APC DRIVER

APC DRIVER

Hello everybody, I read that the Space Jockey was recreated to look like the original so basically we will be seing the Jockey on the ship alive, so its a pretty good chance this will be set within the original ship found in Alien. I'm pretty sure its the same Jockey we are just going to see it's back story, and yes as a sculptor and model maker I noticed the comparrison pics of the original Jockey and the replica that had some differences but when its on film no one would notice only us rivet counters  ;D.

Kev Loaf

Kev Loaf

Quote from: Glaive on Sep 29, 2011, 04:05:07 PM
Quote from: Kev Loaf on Sep 29, 2011, 01:26:34 PM
Quote from: Valaquen on Sep 29, 2011, 10:46:09 AM
Quote from: Highland on Sep 29, 2011, 10:40:21 AM
Just a thought, but what if it's not a telescope but some sort of cannon that launches the egg/cylinder shaped objects into new planets.

Basically it fires a cocktail of life....
So it's a giant dick?

Not a far stretch, considering Alien.

Wait what?! A giant dick?! What is it doing, pumping the seed of life constantly into the universe. I bloody hope this is not the case.

Considering it was designed by Giger, I found it rather tame...though I find it difficult to rationalize that you've gone through life without realizing that the Space Jockey was actually staring up through a gigantic, erect, flayed penis...

...we won't talk about the split glans ('bell-end', for our younger viewers)

HUH?! Has someone who actually made the film or designed the creature actually come out and said it was a "gigantic, erect, flayed penis"?!

That is insane. Why can you guys not imagine it to be a telescope or a cannon, why does everything have to be turned into something erotic?!  :D

Divpax

Divpax

Quote from: Kev Loaf on Sep 29, 2011, 04:38:11 PM
That is insane. Why can you guys not imagine it to be a telescope or a cannon, why does everything have to be turned into something erotic?!  :D
Because Giger that's why!

ThisBethesdaSea

Biomechanical sexual art. That's the basis of the alien creature itself and the derelict. That's what it is.

Jenga

Jenga

from kev loaf: "Why can you guys not imagine it to be a telescope or a cannon, why does everything have to be turned into something erotic?!" ...because that's what it is. Look at all of Geiger's biomechanoid artwork and you will see constant thingly veiled allegories for genitals and intercourse. Nothing wrong with it. Why is that such a shock?

Also it is clearly a space jockey chair without the jockey. Literally all of the sculpture details other than the missing pipes along the base of the gun/phallus and the Jockey itself match either exactly or as small redesigns that no one but people on this board would notice. Unless this thing was home made (which I highly doubt), it is the definite confirmation of a SJ built for the film.

Snowdog

Snowdog

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Sep 29, 2011, 04:49:56 PM
Biomechanical sexual art. That's the basis of the alien creature itself and the derelict. That's what it is.

And that's what i truly love about it  8)

The Xenoborg

About the missing pipes and features: The sculpture might be incomplete?  :-\

I was going through the comments on the previous page and the language is pretty harsh  :laugh:

If an Alien movie doesn't have indirect erotic references, it is not a worthy Alien movie.
I hope Jockeys do not walk or run or move at all.  ;)

Kev Loaf

Kev Loaf

I always like to believe that the SJ was permanently fused to the chair and that it was some form of biomech pilot created by another, yet unseen, intelligent life form! Therefore, the SJ was a creation like the Xenos by some other mysterious race.

That would be awesome. 

Corporal Hicks

The picture was taken during the period the set was being destroyed. There did appear to be some sort of body within the suit but space for a head and arms which led us to believe they maybe CG.

Gash

Gash

Even if this only appears in the last minute of the film it's enough to bring a tear to my eye. The beauty of Giger's aesthetic is back, matched with Ridley's artistic eye. Gone is the greasy brown turd of what the alien had become by A:R. This is fantastic.

Kev Loaf

Kev Loaf

Makes sense that it is CG the SJ would need to move it head and body around smoothly.

I'm convinced it is fused to the chair!

Glaive

Glaive

Quote from: Kev Loaf on Sep 29, 2011, 04:38:11 PM
Quote from: Glaive on Sep 29, 2011, 04:05:07 PM
Quote from: Kev Loaf on Sep 29, 2011, 01:26:34 PM
Quote from: Valaquen on Sep 29, 2011, 10:46:09 AM
Quote from: Highland on Sep 29, 2011, 10:40:21 AM
Just a thought, but what if it's not a telescope but some sort of cannon that launches the egg/cylinder shaped objects into new planets.

Basically it fires a cocktail of life....
So it's a giant dick?

Not a far stretch, considering Alien.

Wait what?! A giant dick?! What is it doing, pumping the seed of life constantly into the universe. I bloody hope this is not the case.

Considering it was designed by Giger, I found it rather tame...though I find it difficult to rationalize that you've gone through life without realizing that the Space Jockey was actually staring up through a gigantic, erect, flayed penis...

...we won't talk about the split glans ('bell-end', for our younger viewers)

HUH?! Has someone who actually made the film or designed the creature actually come out and said it was a "gigantic, erect, flayed penis"?!

http://www.virginmedia.com/images/alien-5-rumours-space-jockeys-590x350.jpg

I'm, sorry...It looks NOTHING like a phallus...

Gah, I don't know what came over me...

(...but it might of been a "gigantic, erect, flayed penis with split glans..." )

The Xenoborg

Quote from: Kev Loaf on Sep 29, 2011, 05:18:23 PM
I always like to believe that the SJ was permanently fused to the chair and that it was some form of biomech pilot created by another, yet unseen, intelligent life form! Therefore, the SJ was a creation like the Xenos by some other mysterious race.

That would be awesome. 
I had something similar in mind. But I guess that the SJs surgically attached themselves to different stuff, in Alien's case, the ship. So there could be those normal Jockeys that could, well walk around, while some others could be half-machines, that are restricted to the vicinity of the thing they are connected to.

Or they could attach and detach themselves from machines, whenever they wanted to.

I'm not sure SJs were organisms created by other organisms. Xenomorphs could be, but SJs, being the advanced race they are, seem to have altered their bodies to their needs.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed