Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 952,406 times)

The Old One

The Old One

Look, I can't read your mind.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

That's exactly what I was thinking.  You're good!

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Had a little blap on Dawn of War. But I can't get the expansions working and thus cannot slaughter IG or Tau  :'(

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Dec 20, 2019, 08:39:01 PM
Had a little blap on Dawn of War. But I can't get the expansions working and thus cannot slaughter IG or Tau  :'(

What a great RTS game. I played them all! including Soulstorm. The Sisters of Battle were a nice addition. Although the air units were not a very valuable addition in my opinion. The Tau were my favorite faction whatsoever. These hammer heads! and the Kroot beasts. Good times. I also dig the The Necrons 8)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I have Dawn of War 2, but I haven't been arsed yet.  Is it worth my time?

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

I enjoy playing Tau or Necrons if it's a smaller map or one you can sweep through easily without opening big holes in your lines. Generally go Chaos because spamming CSM squads and Defilers is effective and easy, and you have a pair of big guys to finish the enemy base with.

QuoteI have Dawn of War 2, but I haven't been arsed yet.  Is it worth my time?

It's squad level, not army level. Because of that I hated it but YMMV.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Dec 20, 2019, 09:19:54 PM
I enjoy playing Tau or Necrons if it's a smaller map or one you can sweep through easily without opening big holes in your lines. Generally go Chaos because spamming CSM squads and Defilers is effective and easy, and you have a pair of big guys to finish the enemy base with. 

It seems that the Tau's strong point was the defensive play style and the firepower at a distance. The Necrons were very good in close combat, and the troops were very resistant to enemy fire in compensation for their slowness when crossing the battlefield. The Orks were cheap and you could do an army in a very short time. Oh, and I only played with the Imperial Guard for the sole purpose of doing one of these  ;D

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Dec 20, 2019, 09:19:54 PM
QuoteI have Dawn of War 2, but I haven't been arsed yet.  Is it worth my time?

It's squad level, not army level. Because of that I hated it but YMMV.

Yeah, it wasn't your typical build and conquer RTS game. In that sense it looks more like Company of Heroes than its predecessors. You don't build your base and you are controlling squads through skirmishes instead of large armies. Although the scale of the units would be less realistic, I would have liked a Warhammer 40k game designed as Starcraft with everything and air units.

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

POSTAL 4
VERMINTIDE 2

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

WWE 2K19 and Bully: Scholarship Edition when I'm not playing Uncharted 4 MP and Red Dead Online.  :P

Trioxin

Trioxin

It's all about the strategy for me. I always play total war I have every title. I used to play dawn of war seeing that there is hilarious what an awesome game Besten it 1000 times but never got the newest title. And on PS4 I play alot of warthunder ... War thunder Is a love hate relationship.

Stitch

Stitch

I'm still slowly getting through Metro Exodus. Game has taken me aaaages

Darkness

Darkness

Quote from: Stitch on Jan 01, 2020, 11:46:55 PM

Oh god, tried playing that last month and gave up after a couple of hours. It's very rare for me to give up a game so quickly but it was dire.

--------

Finished playing Just Cause 4. Not keen on all the changes they made from Just Cause 3 but it was still damn fun.

Started Last of Us remastered now.

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: Darkness on Jan 04, 2020, 08:36:53 PM
Quote from: Stitch on Jan 01, 2020, 11:46:55 PM

Oh god, tried playing that last month and gave up after a couple of hours. It's very rare for me to give up a game so quickly but it was dire.

I'm a big fan of the universe and the novels, so I'm soldiering on. I think I'm finally past the bits that don't feel like Metro, and back to the bits which do feel like Metro. It's just a shame that the bulk of the middle feels like a totally different game.

Stitch

Stitch

And I finally finished Metro Exodus. The ending is brilliant. Feels tense and creepy and lonely, just like the Metro series should.

Really don't know how to talk about this one. The beginning and first open section I really enjoyed. The second two open sections I thought were tedious. The final section is fantastic.

I'm glad I finished it, but I'm not likely to play it again. If you're partway through, though, I would recommend finishing, just for the final section.

Darkness

Darkness

I wasn't keen on the open world nature at the beginning. Preferred the linear approach of the first two games. The graphics also seem really bad.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed