Get To The Chopper, Reviewing Predator: Hunting Grounds - AvP Galaxy Podcast #109

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 12, 2020, 03:38:40 PM

Author
Get To The Chopper, Reviewing Predator: Hunting Grounds - AvP Galaxy Podcast #109 (Read 5,851 times)

Corporal Hicks

We have just uploaded the 109th episode of the Alien vs. Predator Galaxy Podcast (right-click and save as to download)! And we’re reviewing Predator: Hunting Grounds! Regular hosts Corporal Hicks and RidgeTop are joining by community guest and contributing writer VoodooMagic to discuss Illfonic’s latest entry into the Predator gaming library!

Amid plenty of “wouldn’t it be cool if?” discussion, we break down our experiences playing the Fireteam and Predator, the things the game does so well, what it needs improvements with, whether it was worth buying a PlayStation 4 just for, and plenty more!

We recorded this episode prior to the Plasma Pistol buff, and RidgeTop mentions he’d like to see it given a damage increase which has since happened.

What did you think of our latest episode? Be sure to let us know down below! You can also listen to any of our previous episodes in the Podcast section under the News tab on the main menu. The Alien vs. Predator Galaxy Podcast is also available via iTunes, PodBean, GooglePlay Stitcher, and Spotify! Please be sure to leave a review on whichever platform you're using! You can also enjoy the newest episode in video form with our beautiful faces on YouTube!

Keep a close eye on Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest on Alien and Predator! You can follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to get the latest on your social media walls. You can also join in with fellow Alien and Predator fans on our forums!

Kradan

Voodoo Magic

Niiiiice!!!  I'm not 100% sure but I believe I name dropped Kaliem, Predbabe and Wysps in this I think! 

Looking forward to giving this a listen! 

Kradan

Oh, so you're in it too ? Cool  8)

TheSailingRabbit

I never thought I'd get to hear Voodoo's voice.

Very relaxing.

Kradan

Me too. Much more serious than I expected judging by his forum's personality

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Jun 12, 2020, 11:04:14 PM

Very relaxing.

:o He provided the voice for a YouTube version of one of his articles!

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jun 12, 2020, 08:23:24 PM
Niiiiice!!!  I'm not 100% sure but I believe I name dropped Kaliem, Predbabe and Wysps in this I think! 

You certainly did!

I hope it came across how much I do f**king love the game. It's got some issues, but regardless, I'm still just having so much fun with it!

TheSailingRabbit

Kailem

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 13, 2020, 02:06:24 PM

Very relaxing.

:o He provided the voice for a YouTube version of one of his articles!

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jun 12, 2020, 08:23:24 PM

You certainly did!

I basically agree with everything you guys said. I really like the game, I've played it a ton, but it definitely needs more content. It was one of my main fears before release given how Friday the 13th launched, especially with only a handful of maps, and unfortunately it's ended up being a bit of a repeat of that.

But I'm liking these initial content drops that we've had and are about to get. I definitely didn't expect them to add the Elder for free. But I certainly hope they add that datamined map, or really any new map, sooner rather than later, because maps are going to be the main thing that keeps the boredom from setting in more than anything else.

GreybackElder

Hey Gentlemen,
It's great to finally hear a review of this game from you guys! I pretty much agree with everything you guys said. I do feel however that there is still balancing issues that need to be resolved. As a primary Predator player I feel that the reinforcements once called in spawns so quickly it puts the predator at a huge disadvantage. Nevertheless I'm having a great time playing and I look forward to the updates especially the Elder Predator skin. By the way I though Voodoomagic fit right in perfectly! I had no idea he was a pred2 expert. My only question is when am I going to get a chance to play with you guys on hunting grounds?

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Kradan on Jun 13, 2020, 05:58:18 AM
Me too. Much more serious than I expected judging by his forum's personality

It's required that I behave somewhat normal.   ;)

Very relaxing.

That's Wabbit's polite way of saying I put her to sleep.  :D

Quote from: GreybackElder on Jun 14, 2020, 07:50:19 PMBy the way I though Voodoomagic fit right in perfectly! I had no idea he was a pred2 expert.

Appreciate it and glad to hear the chemistry worked!  I always found myself much more articulate in written form, so I wasn't sure how I'd come off, especially with Hicks and RidgeTop being such experts at it, so thanks!

QuoteMy only question is when am I going to get a chance to play with you guys on hunting grounds?

Did you join the AvP Galaxy Hunting Grounds community on PS4 or are you playing PC?

GreybackElder

Voodoo Magic

Ah. I'm on PS4, so we'll have to shelve it until Illfonic fixes those cross play issues. :)

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jun 15, 2020, 03:33:04 PM

Very relaxing.

That's Wabbit's polite way of saying I put her to sleep.  :D

Nah, William Hope puts me to sleep. You're just relaxing. ;D

j0nesy

awesome listen as always; great first appearance, voodoo!

also, as someone without a console/pc but seriously tempted to buy a ps4 just to play this (though i think i'll wait for the ps5 since it's only five months away), i can totally relate :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed