Love them both
5 (1.2%)

Total Members Voted: 398

Author
AvPR vs A:R (Read 142,076 times)

D88M

D88M

Alien Resurrection:

-Good, odd -in a good way- direction that gives the movie a lot of personality and energy despite the disconnection between director/scriptwriter and the script not being very good. Movie looks great.
-Great casting delivering good performances.
-Very entertainning with a black comedy tone with nice gore and some good moments.
-Good production design.
-Great special effects, both practical and computer generated.
-Great music.

AVPR:

-None of the above.

BishopShouldGo

BishopShouldGo

Rewatched Alien: Resurrection yesterday. Man, every scene with Sigourney and Winona is just awesome. Love their dynamic.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

AR puts me in the mood to watch some egg-barfing instead.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 05, 2019, 08:04:04 PM
AR puts me in the mood to watch some egg-barfing instead.

:D

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

AR.

Huggs

Huggs

I like em both.

The Old One

The Old One

Absolute madlad.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

AVPR is pure slasher movie cheesefest that would've been better COULD YOU SEE WHAT THE f**k WAS GOING ON.

Res is a better movie based on characterization alone.  I can sit and think about Res even after not watching it for years and several scenes immediately pop in my head.  This retention is indicative of something worthwhile in the movie. 

I don't care for either of them.  Res mainly because it just doesn't feel like an Alien movie. 

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jul 14, 2019, 06:03:14 PM
Res mainly because it just doesn't feel like an Alien movie. 

It's the trilogy after-party

Samhain13

Samhain13

More like the after-party hangover.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Hangovers don't look that slick.

Kradan

Kradan

To me, Resurrection is bizzare, doubtly needed but still pretty artistic movie. AVPR is just ... bad.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Kradan on Jul 15, 2019, 07:33:29 PM
To me, Resurrection is bizzare, doubtly needed but still pretty artistic movie. AVPR is just ... bad.

I would have preferred if it didn't take itself so seriously.  It would have played better. To me, it's that very pretentiousness that makes it worse.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Really? I always felt AR was more humorous and less serious than any Alien film before it.

I could see a case being made for Prometheus taking itself too seriously and being pretentious but not AR.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

In comparison to other Alien films sure, but that film still takes itself waaay too seriously in my book. AvPR, doesn't take itself seriously at all. It's just a straight popcorn film, which AR needed to be. But AR went for more resulting in so much cringe it's hard for this fan to watch.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed