Starship Troopers: Terran Ascendancy

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 03, 2019, 11:31:14 AM

Author
Starship Troopers: Terran Ascendancy (Read 1,716 times)

Corporal Hicks

QuoteDirector Paul Verhoeven's Starship Troopers, based on Robert A. Heinlein's sci-fi novel of the same name, is being adapted as a real-time strategy game for PC. Titled Starship Troopers - Terran Command, the RTS promises a mix of classic real-time mechanics, tower defense, and tactical unit deployment, according to publisher Slitherine.

Starship Troopers - Terran Command is in development at The Artistocrats, the Belgian studio behind the Order of Battle series and Commander: The Great War. According to an official announcement from Slitherine, The Artistocrats studio owner and lead designer Lukas Nijsten has been working on Starship Troopers - Terran Command for more than two years in anticipation of a 2020 release.

Starship Troopers - Terran Command is set in the same universe established by the 1997 film. The strategy game will send players to a human colony overrun by Arachnids, the alien insectoid race that attacks in massive swarms. Players, as the Mobile Infantry, will have to take advantage of choke points and elevation to fend off the Arachnid threat.

"We aimed to capture the essence of the original movie and its universe," said Iain McNeil, development director at Slitherine. "This is not only achieved by creating a coherent set of units and scenarios, but also by mimicking the language, visual elements, dialogues, and the little details that made the film such an iconic, cult feature."

https://www.polygon.com/2019/12/2/20992320/starship-troopers-terran-command-rts-pc-slitherine-release-date

I played the old RTS back in the day so quite looking forward to this one!

razeak

Nerd boner.

How the hell did this come about? I'm not complaining, but definitely surprised.

Wweyland

Looks good. I actually have good memories of the 2005 FPS game.

bobby brown

Arachnid gameplay or GTFO.

Deathbearer

Anybody else remember the Starship Trooper FPS game they came out with forever ago? I know I didn't f**king imagine that shit it was real

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, it really happened. Never got to play it myself as it wouldn't run on my PC.

Deathbearer

Honestly you didn't miss much
But getting to do the final battle from the movie and the Klendathu (or however you spell it) death drop was neat

Voodoo Magic

Looks really cool actually.

So now I have to upgrade my PC now?  :-\

Xenomrph

Quote from: Deathbearer on Jan 15, 2020, 03:48:55 PM
Anybody else remember the Starship Trooper FPS game they came out with forever ago? I know I didn't f**king imagine that shit it was real
I played it, it was pretty neat for what it was.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed