Farzad Vrahramyan Shares New Alien 5 Concept Art!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 03, 2019, 11:29:38 AM

Author
Farzad Vrahramyan Shares New Alien 5 Concept Art! (Read 29,946 times)

Huggs

Quote from: JungleHunter87 on Mar 06, 2019, 03:45:12 PM
Quote from: Huggs on Mar 06, 2019, 03:23:03 PM
Quote from: JungleHunter87 on Mar 06, 2019, 06:06:48 AM
Quote from: Kelgaard on Mar 06, 2019, 04:23:37 AM
Is it even Neill's to show? Or does Fox own it?

Pretty confident FOX owns it.

I think a leak is in order.

A slight slip of the tongue, as it were.

Which would you prefer? A leaked script or a comic adaptation?

Similar to what's been done with William Gibson's ALIEN 3 script by Dark Horse?

I don't read comics, so i'll take the leak.

XenoHunter99

If the project will never see light of day, it would be nice to see whatever script there is or was. If it's presented as a DH comic, that would be fine too.

With respect to the concepts in the thread, they are ungainly. That's their crime. As Giger often said, the Alien was an aesthetic monster. The original suggested grace and power. The best of the Kenner critters and other derivative works have that, as well. These, not so much. I think for the centipede, the insistence on keeping so much of the humanoid creature worked against it. The many-heads model may have been an experiment gone wrong, suggesting a serious birth defect. In that case, it works.

Hyperdyne120-a2

Not to be negative but...NEXT.

XenoHunter99

There is no NEXT here. This is what the thread is about.

bobcunk

I like the centipede one, reminds me of the kenner snake alien and the aquatic ones from the comic.

The Old One

The Old One

Alien film + Kenner ≠ positive result.

XenoHunter99

Scorpions and panthers ;)

[cancerblack]

Quote from: XenoHunter99 on Mar 15, 2019, 01:43:20 PM

So... the Aliens design with a few extra spikes, and the Alien 3 design with a new hat?

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Mar 27, 2019, 12:25:39 PM
Quote from: XenoHunter99 on Mar 15, 2019, 01:43:20 PM

So... the Aliens design with a few extra spikes, and the Alien 3 design with a new hat?

The Alien 3 design is Jaguars and Freight Trains.

XenoHunter99

The original panther, I like the gold and grey color scheme and the built-in parasite is interesting. The iliac crests of the pelvis are stylized, but that enhances the design. Also, the sculpt retains more of the biomechanical feel of Giger's alien, and with a smooth dome. The overall effect is graceful. I think it's the most beautiful figure produced in the Kenner line and remains one of my favorite figures overall. The Night Stalker repaint works, too; but it's sort of just another alien with red markings. YMMV.

I expect the Scorpion design was Kenner's stand-in for the Aliens warrior and has the exploding gimmick. The spikes are nothing to fuss about. The biggest problem with it is, chibi proportions. It's a killer dwarf! The NECA redux fixes that and looks great.

Kradan

Quote from: The Old One on Mar 11, 2019, 10:48:02 PM
Alien film + Kenner ≠ positive result.

C'mon!  :)

The Old One

The Old One

No.

[cancerblack]

I have sympathy for the notion that the panther design is a successful variant design, especially when redone to be less exaggerated and stylised. But i'm broadly anti-hybrid on principle.

The Old One

The Old One

Agreed.

XenoHunter99

Hybrids are ok. I think it's natural to experiment with an idea. The Kenner designers got to see how different animals would look as Aliens. Some of the hybrids work better than others. The Panther works well! The designers had a lot of restrictions, too. The figures had to be a certain size to fit in the bubble, joints were limited in number and range of motion, everything had to work for the price point, and so on. But it would have been fun to work on those.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed