Alien Trilogy Coming To Blu-Ray

Started by Darkness, Feb 19, 2009, 12:19:52 AM

Author
Alien Trilogy Coming To Blu-Ray (Read 14,007 times)

JK

JK

Finally good news, but I want AR too.

wjkoemar

wjkoemar

.....Now, however, we CAN confirm that our industry sources have informed us that Fox's current plans call for not just the first three films, but the ENTIRE Alien Quadrilogy set to be ported over to Blu-ray Disc for a late 2009 release. This would include all four films in the series - the complete set will all extras - and likely new material created exclusively for the Blu-ray release as well. We understand that the work is still on-going and (as always with these Rumor Mill posts) all of this is subject to change. But with a little luck, the Quad set should make its debut in 1080p before the year is out.  http://www.thedigitalbits.com/rumormill.html#021909

AD

AD

Sweet   :D  

AcidGlow

AcidGlow

I think we have seen all the unseen/uncut/deleted/directors cut/special edition scenes we will ever get.. there can't possibly be more in their vault.. really.. The Alien quadrilogy DVD set is enough.. I wouldn't even think of getting this new Blue Ray... the quality is practically the same..

F161

F161

There was quite a bit of deleted footage that was left out of the Alien 3 quad workprint.  Some of this footage can be seen in the bootleg workprint - other scenes have never been seen outside the studio, but are known to have been shot.  As someone else has pointed out above, the Alien 3 documentary was cut to peices, and never presented as it was originally conceived and intended by the Quad's DVD producer.  So, as far as Alien 3 is concerned, there is still lots that hasn't been seen. Bring on the Quad Blu-Rays!

Bio Mech Hunter

Oooh. The entire Quadrilogy, eh? That's a relief.    :D     ;)   I hope they proceed with a clean transfer. Then again, this is Fox we're talking about, so the level of quality might be questionable.   :-\  

Hickson

Hickson

F*ck the films, WE NEED GAMES! like, i duno... maybe Aliens COLONIAL MARINES.., or something like Alien RPG or some AvP 3 stuff.... ;/

Alien Genesis

Alien Genesis

If FOX does this right, puts in the TIME and MONEY and EFFORT to make this release the VERY BEST IT CAN BE, then I will fork over my hard-earned cash.  If FOX does what it USUALLY does, which is to produce outstanding regular special edition DVD sets, only to follow them up with substandard Blu-Ray sets, then forget it.  I will never forget how disappointed I was in the Blu-Ray release of "The Day After Tomorrow."  The regular edition, two-disk set, was awesome.  FOX followed that up with a stand-alone washed out version on Blu-Ray.  The hell?  Do it right, FOX, and earn yourself some good will.  Lord knows you sure could use it.

Keyes

Keyes

I was just gonna say Fox seem to produce very well put together DVD sets, but seem to skimp right over blu-ray. I would hope that treat the Alien films with top quality respect.  I wonder what new features will be on there? As someone pointed out, theres quite a bit more Alien3 stuff they could put on there, that they didn't have the time and budget to add first time round.

Rudy M Alapag Jr

Rudy M Alapag Jr

my father and my brother DON'T have Blu-Ray Hi Def players nor Blu-Ray movies, so there's no way for them to get Blu-Ray DVDs @ all. Way too much. But my cousin-in-law has one though but i don't think he's getting Alien, Aliens and Alien 3. It would be cool to have one.

Zillamaster202

8)   Sweet, that's what technology will do for some people...and now Aliens!!!   :o  

Cellien

Cellien

YES.  I already got my other favorite movie series Terminator in HD, now I will finally get my all-time favorite series in HD as well.  I know what I'm asking for for X-Mas from the wifey!!!! :D

davebhamuk

davebhamuk

Dont ever complain about anything Fox does as a studio if your going to buy the Alien Quadrilogy again just because its in HD. This is just another double dip or triple dip.  It would be fun to see just how grainy Aliens looks in HD.

p!tu

p!tu

Finally!!! This is Great news!!! :rock

JK

JK

Predator reboot and A5 Info.  I'm not a big fan of Predator, so I'm still waiting for another Alien film.  http://io9.com/5157040/weve-found-one-commando-for-robert-rodriguez s-predator-reboot  http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2009/02/20/will-ripley-rise-again-sigourney-weaver-on-a lien-saga-i-just-dont-feel-that-its-quite-fi nished/

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed