"That’s in process" - Ridley on Next Alien Prequel

Started by Stolen, Sep 02, 2020, 07:24:59 PM

Author
"That’s in process" - Ridley on Next Alien Prequel (Read 64,375 times)

son_of_kane

Disney would probably prefer to have Ridley attached in some capacity for the relaunch. But he probably won't have anything to do with the next movie/TV show other than sign-off on the script. David? I'm guessing he'll make a fleeting appearance. The new characters may find his head and briefly reactivate him, and he'll tell them they are no match for the "perfect organism" (mirroring the Ash scene). Disney likes to regurgitate what worked before  ;)

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: bb-15 on Oct 05, 2020, 05:54:16 AM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Sep 10, 2020, 01:00:00 PM
Ridley is constantly asked, so he has to open his mouth. :) Plus Ridley has a relationship with the Alien property itself. With three films under his belt including the one that started it all, Ridley has become the fatherly George Lucas of the Alien franchise of sorts. So I'm not surprised when Ridley is interviewed, that someone will bring up Alien again, again, and again.

Maybe 20th & Ridley have left open the possibility of more Alien talks down the road?...

Sorry to be negative, but it's all in the hands of Disney now.
The comparison with George Lucas works at a surface level. Disney no longer wants either George's or Ridley's input.

Eventually there will be an Alien reboot but it won't involve Scott and the reboot will have nothing to do with the David storyline. That is done.

;)

I think your opinion is being presented with too many absolutes my friend!   :). I have placed bets myself on what is / what will happen using industry trends and reasoning, but unless we sit in on their discussions, neither of us know truly what will or won't happen, what is done and what isn't.

I do suspect Ridley may be in some sort of advisory producer man-behind-the-curtain role at the least, considering his recent statement that more Alien is in process, but going directly back to the Prometheus/Covenant route is doubtful.  But we shall see!  :)

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Kradan on Oct 05, 2020, 09:55:42 AM
Grrrrrr

I'm not

Engineers created humans. David created the Xenomorph. To me the universe feels a little small and too painted in the corner to leave as is. To me.  :)

Kradan

Grrrrr

Not to me

Evanus

Maybe things do feel a little small and too painted in the corner. So let's use the third prequel as an opportunity to make things a little more mysterious, while we still have the incredible talent of Ridley Scott and Michael Fassbender at our disposal. Tying things up neatly.

That's what I'd say, but Disney... who knows.

Stitch

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Oct 05, 2020, 07:45:14 PM
Quote from: Kradan on Oct 05, 2020, 09:55:42 AM
Grrrrrr

I'm not

Engineers created humans. David created the Xenomorph. To me the universe feels a little small and too painted in the corner to leave as is. To me.  :)
All tied with a nice little bow. Not a fan.

SpreadEagleBeagle

I'm guessing that the next Alien prequel will drift even further from Prometheus as Raised by Wolves is pretty much an alternate version of Prometheus & Alien: Covenant set in an alternate universe. I feel like the show simply took Prom/A:C leftover ideas and spin-off ideas and turned it into its own thing without having the pressure of having to stay true to the universe and 'canon' established in the Alien movies.

Personally I have no issues with Scott potentially leaving tons of questions unanswered regarding loose ends and narratives presented in Prom/A:C as long as the bridge leading to ALIEN makes sense while at the same time bringing back mystery to the Derelict and the origin of the Alien. Leave us with a sense of looming fear, doom and gloom, that could potentially open to a series of movies taking place in the far future (far future as in a few decades up to a decennium after A:R).

Stompy the Perfect Xeno

Quote from: Kradan on Sep 27, 2020, 04:20:54 PM
I want her to share Shaw's fate - but with us seeing all of tasty details this time

Spoiler

[close]
Yes!
Don't leave anything out.  8)

Immortan Jonesy

I really want Vickers back on a last Alien flick.

Corporal Hicks

Prometheus really did have a great cast.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Oct 09, 2020, 01:07:08 AM
I really want Vickers back on a last Alien flick.

David should make a QUEEN out of HER  ;) ;) ;)

Beef Dogg

Ridley needs to back the f**k off and let Blomkamp have his shot at the franchise

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Beef Dogg on Oct 11, 2020, 10:27:04 AM
Ridley needs to back the f**k off and let Blomkamp have his shot at the franchise

No thank you.

I'm more upset that Blomkamp lost Robocop than I am that he lost Alien.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Beef Dogg on Oct 11, 2020, 10:27:04 AM

I'm up for a Ridley film and a Blomkamp film.  Got to finish the prequels.

Huggs

Keep them both the heck away from it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed