AvPG's Top 10 Alien Comics!

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 02, 2009, 07:42:35 PM

Author
AvPG's Top 10 Alien Comics! (Read 4,807 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

As many of you know today is Free Comic Book Day and today sees the release of the preview flipbook for Dark Horse’s upcoming Alien and Predator relaunch. And to celebrate this, I compiled a list of the Top 10 Alien Comics!

“Bringing up the rear at number 10 we have Stalker. It’s not one that tends to be discussed on the forums a lot and to be honest, I can see why. It wasn’t a comic I was ever going to hunt down and if it wasn’t for the omnibuses, I may never have even got around to reading this at all.”

Be sure to check out the rest of the top 10 list and don’t be afraid to leave your own top 10 in our forums. Be sure to keep checking our forums for thoughts and comments on the preview flipbook. Also we’ve uploaded an article on David Twohy’s Alien 3 script. This is to be the first in a series of articles regarding the previous Alien 3 scripts.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I'd swap out Stalker and insert Salvation in the top list.  And while Aliens Tribes isn't a "comic" in the truest sense of the word, it still fits in with the rest of the Alien EU.  It is an upper echelon EU entry imo too.  I thought MOTS and Berserker weren infinately helped out by their novelization.  I agree with the majority of the list though.  Glass Corridor and Stalker are two of the better comics that nobody ever talks about.

bobcunk

bobcunk

i just got the free one today haven't read it yet. also got the last 2 of startrek countdown.

Darkness

Darkness

Yeah, I really liked Tribes too.

Corporal Hicks

Didn't really think Tribes counted as a comic. I'm glad people enjoy the article. Any comments on the script article?

SiL

SiL

You should've listened to my advice and put in a section for where the script rocked up in other places later   :P  

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

I'd have put 'Cargo' and 'Countdown' in there, personally. The latter of which is the only other comic which featured the 'Book 2' artist, if memory serves right.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Never read countdown, and I know that Tribes isn't specifically a comic.  It was one of the first things I heard referenced as a "graphic novel" though.  The meaning seems to have changed since then, and Tribes isn't strictly a novella either.  It has some awesome pics by Dave Dorman.  I love Dorman...........marines.

The Chibi Kiriyama

Just finished reading Aliens: Labyrinth. That was...quite disturbing.

Corporal Hicks

@Xenomorphine - I supposed I should have said comic series. I was purposefully avoiding the one-offs otherwise it woulda been full of them.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

'Countdown' was a series. :)

Spaghetti

Spaghetti

i disagree with berserker/frenzy. thought it was completely mediocre at best. I would've switched it with salvation or stronghold. Besides that, great article.

bobby brown

bobby brown

damn awsome : D I love this site, thankc for posting the summary of twohys script :D and in such debt analysis like the new aliens abilities! I LOVE IT!!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Fair enough, I was thinking of 24 Seconds.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed