Didn't care for it (2/5)
39 (15.5%)
It sucked (1/5)
49 (19.5%)
Hated it! (0/5)
30 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 251

Author
The Predator Fan Reviews (Read 96,596 times)

Dingbat

Dingbat

I finally saw it, Belgium always gets alien and predator films after everyone else, it's so annoying!

To put it simply, I really enjoyed it, the preds were awesome, the action was nice and bloody. The main problem for me was that the cinema decided to insert a 10 minute break which kind of took me out of the immersion and I also had French and Dutch subtitles which were WAY too bright, I'm looking forward to the DVD release.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Dingbat on Oct 08, 2018, 04:43:39 PM
I finally saw it, Belgium always gets alien and predator films after everyone else, it's so annoying!

To put it simply, I really enjoyed it, the preds were awesome, the action was nice and bloody. The main problem for me was that the cinema decided to insert a 10 minute break which kind of took me out of the immersion and I also had French and Dutch subtitles which were WAY too bright, I'm looking forward to the DVD release.

An under two hour movie received a 10 minute break?  Quite unnecessary if you ask me... unless they were serving beer then much appreciated!  ;D

Glad you liked it.

The Old One

The Old One

No Lawrence of Arabia.

Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid

Quote from: The Old One on Oct 08, 2018, 05:05:10 PM
No Lawrence of Arabia.

True, I'm a big fan LOA, but in all fairness, LOA is also not without a healthy share of flaws. It's plagued with historical inaccuracies and other unrealistic portrayals including the absurd quicksand death scene and the geographical depiction of Arabian deserts as scenic wondrous rolling sand dunes. Quite the opposite, they are rather drab, flat, and peppered with vast gravel beds.

The Old One

The Old One

Cinematic enhancements for the picture.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Regardless how one might feel towards Lawrence of Arabia, clocking at a whopping 3 hours and 48 minutes, that was a movie where its intermission was truly justified!

The Old One

The Old One

Indeed. :laugh:

Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Oct 08, 2018, 08:49:07 PM
Regardless how one might feel towards Lawrence of Arabia, clocking at a whopping 3 hours and 48 minutes, that was a movie where its intermission was truly justified!

Agreed. I'm not knocking intermissions. I remember as a kid seeing long epics requiring an intermission. The film always felt more like an event.....not sure if that describes it properly......than just watching a movie.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Biomechanoid on Oct 08, 2018, 10:38:27 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Oct 08, 2018, 08:49:07 PM

Agreed. I'm not knocking intermissions. I remember as a kid seeing long epics requiring an intermission. The film always felt more like an event.....not sure if that describes it properly......than just watching a movie.

That describes it quite well.

Wysps

Wysps

Would agree too. I remember a lot of older movie musicals having intermissions included in the films, but they usually only lasted several minutes. Not 10/15 like the stage versions.

Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid

Quote from: Huggs on Oct 08, 2018, 10:50:19 PM
That describes it quite well.

Cool. I remember my parents taking us out to the lobby and I would listen closely to them discussing the film with other adults. It inspired me to be more attentive and focused on the film. And the theaters were a true wonder for a kid. This was back in the day when theaters had regal decor like a royal mansion instead of today's multiplex cookie cutter corporate decor.

genocyber

genocyber

This film absolutely sucked. It completely made the Predators as a whole completely laughable as a threat now, with any mystery to them now completely gone. The whole subplot of them wanting autism DNA because it will make them smarter was f**king stupid. That's not what autism does. Not everyone with autism is Rain Man. The bigger Predator could have been interesting if they played their cards right as a rogue mutant hunting other Predators and was the actual criminal. Every single character Shane Black made here was like he took the small scenes of banter from the first movie and decided that should just be how everyone talks the whole movie. Just constant shitty jokes one after the other with no real sense of fear or tension when they're up against this unstoppable hunter. Even the villain of the movie is making stupid jokes calling them Predators because it sounds cool. I hate to say it but at least when it came to the bad movies like AVPR the Predators were treated seriously and people were actually afraid of them.
The dogs were the worst part of the movie and just came off as another annoying piece of CGI wiggling all over the screen left over from the Star Wars prequels. We had dogs in the last movie, and despite them not needed there they looked better and were handled with more tact. The biggest thing this movie lacked was suspense. When everyone is constantly chasing after the monster and not away from it, it makes the Predator look like a big pussy.
I will take away from this that the movie had one good scene. When the Predator wakes up and murders everyone in the base.
Remove the kid, remove the humor, remove the dogs, restructure the story of the mutant Predator, change the ending, and f**king remove the autism plot.
2/5

Nathsp

Nathsp

And remove shane black...

Im totally agree, predator had some jokes, but they fit, and feel natural, this movie is joke after joke..

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: genocyber on Oct 12, 2018, 06:52:11 PM
This film absolutely sucked.

Sums it up rather nicely.

Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid

Quote from: genocyber on Oct 12, 2018, 06:52:11 PM
The dogs were the worst part of the movie and just came off as another annoying piece of CGI wiggling all over the screen left over from the Star Wars prequels. We had dogs in the last movie, and despite them not needed there they looked better and were handled with more tact.

The dogs were pretty silly in Predators. If they are worse in The Predator....well that's not a good sign.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed