Project Prometheus Still Uncovered

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 21, 2012, 06:35:57 PM

Author
Project Prometheus Still Uncovered (Read 46,243 times)

josh_axey

Quote from: SM on Mar 22, 2012, 02:31:20 AM
Because of course he didn't get any attention with exposure to a worldwide audience in a smash hit film and an Oscar to boot.

8)

Plus, you people are mad for thinking that complex is giger-esque. If you have an understanding on fine art (i.e. have done courses, are a professional artist) I'm sure you will know what I mean.

eyeballkid

I know what you mean, I have a BFA, above all else, Ridley is making a new art form in the sci-fi horror genre. Giger and Scott are like long lost art buddies. :)

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: josh_axey on Mar 22, 2012, 02:33:56 AM
Plus, you people are mad for thinking that complex is giger-esque. If you have an understanding on fine art (i.e. have done courses, are a professional artist) I'm sure you will know what I mean.
But the temple is based off a Giger design--one of his unused Dune temples, complete with a face and everything. It's been watered down, but it's still obviously based off Giger's work.

josh_axey

Quote from: Cvalda on Mar 22, 2012, 02:44:06 AM
But the temple is based off a Giger design--one of his unused Dune temples, complete with a face and everything. It's been watered down, but it's still obviously based off Giger's work.

Yes, I agree. It has been potentially based off it, in general shape. But lets not confuse that with a true Giger design as some are :P.

eyeballkid

I was just saying it looks like the Dune painting, that's all. Looks awesome. :)

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Or, y'know, eyes.

josh_axey

Quote from: eyeballkid on Mar 22, 2012, 02:52:29 AM
I was just saying it looks like the Dune painting, that's all. Looks awesome. :)

Didn't mean you :)

It does look pretty interesting, yeah.

Quote from: OpenMaw on Mar 22, 2012, 02:59:25 AM

Or, y'know, eyes.

I was trying to be diplomatic :P
But yeah, eyes would do lol.

LarsVader

I think that's what Giger's design would look like when exposed to the weather for about 500.000 years.  :)

josh_axey

Quote from: LarsVader on Mar 22, 2012, 03:20:50 AM
I think that's what Giger's design would look like when exposed to the weather for about 500.000 years.  :)

Thing is, it is missing organic components, and also missing the illogical/irrational part of his particular surrealist style.
Buuuut thats content for an entirely different topic that probably doesn't belong in these forums...

Onto the original point: yes it is reminiscent, and whoever devised it's concept was surely taking from his ideas in generality.

Also, anyone else notice the bowl reference in the Norse mythos, and the bowl holloway is looking at in Trailer #1?

Deuterium

I like to imagine one of the script review meetings may have went something like this...

Spoiler
Lindelof:  Okay, I must say, this "ancient astronaut" angle is GOLD, Sir Ridley...pure GOLD!  I have managed to incorporate ancient Greek Mythology, Akkadian/Sumerian/Babylonian, some Mayan, a sprinkle of Egyptian and a few shakes of Nazca, Hindu and the giant pygmies of Beckles.

Sir Ridley:  The giant pygmies of Beckles?

Lindelof:  Well, we could leave them out, if you want.

Sir Ridley:   What about Old Testament stuff?  We need Old Testament stuff...you know, Ezekiel and all that.

Lindelof:  I thought we could save the Bible for the sequel.  No sense in upsetting the Christians, Jews and quite probably the Muslims, at this point.

Sir Ridley:  Hmm...not bad.  I like your thinking.  What about the Druid culture...you know, Stonehenge, standing stones, and all that?

Lindelof:  Well, I thought that might be a bit to "English"...especially for the French market.  As it is, they will be pissed I wasn't able to shoe-horn in the Carnac stones.

Sir Ridley:   Well, what does Spaiht's think about the progress so far?

Lindelof:   Ummm....well, I have been trying to get in touch with him, but apparently he has been on extended leave of absence, due to a serious flare-up of irritable bowel syndrome.

Sir Ridley:  What...surely you can reach his secretary?

Lindelof:  Err...umm...no, his secretary has suddenly come down with a slight case of hemorrhagic fever.

Sir Ridley:  Well give me Spaiht's number.

Lindelof:  It's unlisted...I mean, it has been disconnected.  No, scratch that, I just remembered, he doesn't have a phone.

Sir Ridley:   Well how the f**k to you communicate with him?

Lindelof:  Carrier Pigeons.

Sir Ridley:  But, you are keeping him completely in the loop, and encouraging his input and suggestions...right?

Lindelof:  Oh, yes...yes...of course.  Not to worry.

Sir Ridley:  Okay, back to the topic at hand...what have we missed?

Lindelof:  Can't think of anything...we have definitely covered it all, no question!

Sir Ridley:  Well, what about Norse Mythology?

Lindelof:  ..........................umm, yeah, well of course, Norse Mythology.  Sure.

Sir Ridley:  I don't see anything relating to Norse Mythology in the script?

Lindelof:  Oh, well that was Spaiht's responsibility.

Sir Ridley:  You are sure?

Lindelof:  Umm, absolutely.  As a matter of fact, he was supposed to send over a new draft with the Norse stuff, but the Carrier Pigeons all came down with West Nile, and are out of commission.

Sir Ridley:  Did they?

Lindelof:  Yes, very tragic, Sir.

Sir Ridley:  All right, I want you to hit the books, and integrate all the important Norse myths into this story.  And I mean really get into this research.  I DO NOT want you relying on Wikipedia for any of this shit.

Lindelof:  Perish the thought, sir.  It would never even cross my mind.

Sir Ridley:   Good, good.  Let's meet together same time next week.  I still want you to touch base with Spaiht's on this Norse stuff.

Lindelof:  Yes sir, I will give him a call as soon as we are finished here.

Sir Ridley:  I thought you said he didn't have a phone?

Lindelof:  I meant I will send out a pigeon with the message.

Sir Ridley:  I thought you said they all succumbed to West Nile?

Lindelof:  No, no, no...I didn't mean pigeons, I meant I will use our ultra-secret backup.

Sir Ridley:  And what is that?

Lindelof:  We communicate via Ouija board.

Sir Ridley:  Really...does it work?

Lindelof:  Like a charm.  Speaking of which...I think there might just be an idea for another movie with this.

Sir Ridley:  f**king BRILLIANT !!!!
[close]

PredAlienFreak

haha you are absolutely right xD  ...

i really hope the story will be something big, something really new and cool ...

i don´t want an event horizon, red planet, mission to mars or avp movie ..... I mean there is a lot of stuff in prometheus that reminds me of this movies ....

hope ridley won´t dissapoint us ..

aliennaire

aliennaire

Quote from: Eva on Mar 22, 2012, 12:34:59 AM
Regarding Eitr - could it be the vital element needed to produce functioning androids? I mean, the mythic substance is also refeered to as 'creating life' or something like it? The white substance that flows in their veins wink wink..?  ;)
Well, I personally doubt it will turn out to be robots' blood, as it's quite rare resource and robots would perhaps be rent to pieces and drained for their precious white fluid  ;)

Quote from: PredAlienFreak on Mar 22, 2012, 06:53:23 AMi really hope the story will be something big, something really new and cool ...
...and, to boot, stipilated by the more large scope of information, rather than the one can find on Wikipedia!  ;D

Quote from: Deuterium on Mar 22, 2012, 03:38:59 AM
Sir Ridley:  All right, I want you to hit the books, and integrate all the important Norse myths into this story.  And I mean really get into this research.  I DO NOT want you relying on Wikipedia for any of this shit.

About the temple's shape we can spot in the trailers, don't you count it's very similar in its exterior of early Giger's draft of Alien Eggs Silo, not to the Dune's structure design? I'm darn sure you have seen this picture before:

Quote from: josh_axey on Mar 22, 2012, 03:28:25 AM
Also, anyone else notice the bowl reference in the Norse mythos, and the bowl holloway is looking at in Trailer #1?
Will you exemplify it with screenshot?

LarsVader

Quote from: aliennaire on Mar 22, 2012, 08:29:12 AM
About the temple's shape we can spot in the trailers, don't you count it's very similar in its exterior of early Giger's draft of Alien Eggs Silo, not to the Dune's structure design? I'm darn sure you have seen this picture before:
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l5o5hnBg5G1qa1o5zo1_500.jpg
Funny, I got to link this post of mine quite often in the past few days;
http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=42208.msg1287048#msg1287048

RubberChickenMan

Abu shahrain is Arabic for (father of two months)

aliennaire

Quote from: LarsVader on Mar 22, 2012, 08:34:50 AM
Funny, I got to link this post of mine quite often in the past few days;
http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=42208.msg1287048#msg1287048
Great finds! And as for temple in the movie, it seems to include designs of both Dune's and Egg Silo picture, depeding on the side you are looking at it.

Quote from: RubberChickenMan on Mar 22, 2012, 08:48:40 AM
Abu shahrain is Arabic for (father of two months)
What does "Tell" stands for then?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed