"That’s in process" - Ridley on Next Alien Prequel

Started by Stolen, Sep 02, 2020, 07:24:59 PM

Author
"That’s in process" - Ridley on Next Alien Prequel (Read 65,645 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Mar 20, 2022, 05:15:40 PM
However, and while I know that David can wear a space suit without needing it as we saw in Prometheus, one thing that doesn't make sense with David ending up being the Space Jockey, is that we saw him piloting the ship without the Engineer suit. Not to mention how huge the original Jockey is of course. :P

Hey, that black goo and rewrite/restructure DNA (and bio-mechanics) in a ton of unprecedented ways. ;)

BlueMarsalis79

Except that, he has it on his finger in Prometheus and it's completely inert, so no.

Immortan Jonesy

The concept of ​​the pathogen morphing the synthetic is quite...

I guess it's all in the execution, but still. :laugh:

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 20, 2022, 03:15:43 PMI do hope that, Covenant sequel aside, Ridley does have at least one more sci-fi project in him. I've been loving how hands-on he's been with the design elements of Raised By Wolves, even though that one is full-on Aaron Guzikowski's baby. I'd also like to see him eventually get to do a Western but, I digress there...

Hear hear! I'm all for more Scott sci-fi  8)

Wasn't he producing a Blade Runner series? Well Be that as it may, his sci-fi movies are so well shot and so beautiful. Says someone who wanted Giger-Land in the Alien prequels. Still, both films are visually stunning in different ways.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Mar 20, 2022, 05:41:01 PM
Except that, he has it on his finger in Prometheus and it's completely inert, so no.

In its base form as seen in Prometheus, for sure, but if the Covenant sequel was indeed going to build up to the proper biomechanical Alien of the original film, I'd guess that somewhere along the line the Pathogen being able to react to/with synthetic beings would have been (re?)coded into it by David (and in his own hubris there, this would likely be the method of his own undoing).

BlueMarsalis79

No thanks honestly then.

Local Trouble

However...

Spoiler

[close]

Nightmare Asylum

Oh God... Some day I'm going to be brave and read those Fire and Stone/Life and Death comics.

Some day.

Not any time soon, mind you, but some day.

kwisatz

That Biontech or Johnson?

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Kradan on Mar 20, 2022, 07:36:40 AM
WHAT does it tell me ? That he looks BADASS ?

That he's established through the story as the trainee Sith, yet is shown to be more than a match for a single Jedi. That he uses an impractical weapon, as dangerous to the wielder as the target, but has mastered it totally. That even with all that power, the dark side is corrupting him (rotting teeth). What exactly do you need beyond that for a throwaway villain in a children's movie?

Stitch

I'm torn on my opinions towards a third prequel. I didn't really like the direction they went with in Covenant, though I loved Prometheus (I know that automatically means some people will disregard my opinion because of my taste, but also my favourite version is the fanedited workprint and/or chaos edition, so make of that what you will).

I didn't like the concept that David created the alien, so I'm not sure I'd want to see a film that leant even further in that direction. I also disliked the changes to the alien biology, and how easily (comparatively) they were disposed of (though I know that can be put down to being an early model, so to speak).

At the same time, it does feel like the second part of a trilogy, and that we're missing the end of the story. It feels unfinished, and I can't help but think that unless the TV show connects to it, somehow, it will remain unfinished.

Kradan

Rotting teeth ?  :D

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 20, 2022, 08:05:20 PM

However...

Spoiler

[close]

I loved Elden, but I wish the writers had had their story straight with what Elden actually was. IIRC there's implications he's not a typical synthetic, and the writers all seemed to have different intentions, with some thinking he was just a straight synthetic. I dunno. That first series was same level Prometheus frustrations for me where they didn't actually know what they were doing.

NoStyleDutch

I thought it would be interesting if they combined an Alien 5 with Ripley 8 and the covenant sequel.

Vague idea, I once started writing a fan screenplay but stopped:
Ripley 8, over taken by memories from the original Ripley, decides go to where she believes is the Alien homeworld, she ends up finding a very old David there. 

Even though I'm not crazy about David creating them, figure we could kill two birds with one stone.

Nightmare Asylum

It's an unpopular opinion, but the return of Ripley 8 is probably the only way I'd want to see Sigourney Weaver return to Alien at this point. Do something really gross and f**ked up (and horny) with the character.

Local Trouble

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed