"That’s in process" - Ridley on Next Alien Prequel

Started by Stolen, Sep 02, 2020, 07:24:59 PM

Author
"That’s in process" - Ridley on Next Alien Prequel (Read 65,639 times)

Nukiemorph

Do we have any actual reason to believe David being the jockey is where this was going? People seem so sure of it.

I recall Andrew Gaska saying he was going to privately tell Hicks and Ridgetop his theory as to where Ridley wanted to take it... I've been very curious if he thinks Ridley was planning on making David the jockey.

Local Trouble

Quote from: Nukiemorph on Mar 20, 2022, 05:22:25 AM
Do we have any actual reason to believe David being the jockey is where this was going?

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 20, 2022, 03:37:45 AM
Not if 1 and 2 were leading up to Jar Jar becoming Darth Vader.

Millburn & Fifield died in episode l

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Nukiemorph on Mar 20, 2022, 05:22:25 AM
Do we have any actual reason to believe David being the jockey is where this was going? People seem so sure of it.

I'm asking myself the same question

Quote from: Local Trouble  on Mar 20, 2022, 03:37:45 AM
Not if 1 and 2 were leading up to Jar Jar becoming Darth Vader.

I'm not among them Jar Jar diehard haters but comparing him to David is downright insulting  >:(

Immortan Jonesy

For me David is like Darth Maul but even cooler 8)

Kradan

Kradan

I don't remember David having zero lines and no character whatsoever  :P

Spoiler
And don't you dare saying "BuT hE wAs FlEsHeD oUt MoRe In ThE ClOnE wArS !!!"
[close]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Kradan on Mar 20, 2022, 06:51:04 AM

Maul didn't even need those to be memorable. The basic setup through the movie and then that 200% edgy design tell you everything you need to know.

Kradan

WHAT does it tell me ? That he looks BADASS ?

Evanus

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Mar 20, 2022, 02:28:44 AM
Also something that got me thinking, lots of people do not care much for The Phantom Menace or Attack of the Clones but do really enjoy Revenge of the Sith, by not getting a proper conclusion we will never know it might have turned out to be the best one.
I've been making the same comparison in my head. Not even getting a conclusion to this story is just making things worse in my opinion. They're pretty much leaving a massive gaping hole if they don't do another one. But I guess the powers that be don't really care about that. Even if a third film is greenlit they'd probably force Ridley to do something he doesn't want to do, and that might be the whole reason we're not getting another one. He's probably moved on.

Nightmare Asylum

I almost have to wonder if, at this stage, Ridley might wish that he directed Blade Runner 2049 instead and handed Alien: Covenant off to someone else? Especially given that he is now doling out out Alien projects (while still keeping them under his Scott Free banner) to guys like Noah Hawley and Fede Álvarez, but in the case of the upcoming Blade Runner 2099 series, there are rumors circulating that he actually intends to direct some episodes of that one.

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

Quote from: Kradan on Mar 20, 2022, 06:51:04 AM

How dare you!  Darth Maul had a line in The Phantom Menace; "At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi. At last we will have revenge".  So much information is contained within those words.  He is an angry Sith who hates Jedi.  Such character depth!

Quote from: Evanus on Mar 20, 2022, 01:49:25 PM
I've been making the same comparison in my head. Not even getting a conclusion to this story is just making things worse in my opinion. They're pretty much leaving a massive gaping hole if they don't do another one. But I guess the powers that be don't really care about that.

Well, I mean why would they?  Alien Covenant failed to even breakeven at the box office, much less make a profit.  There's not exactly a great incentive there for them to pour hundreds of millions of dollars into concluding a plot thread, just to make fans happy.

kwisatz

kwisatz

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 20, 2022, 02:05:17 PM
I almost have to wonder if, at this stage, Ridley might wish that he directed Blade Runner 2049 instead and handed Alien: Covenant off to someone else? Especially given that he is now doling out out Alien projects (while still keeping them under his Scott Free banner) to guys like Noah Hawley and Fede Álvarez, but in the case of the upcoming Blade Runner 2099 series, there are rumors circulating that he actually intends to direct some episodes of that one.

I'm glad he didn't tbh. Since for me the last film Ridley did, that unquestionably has about the same quality as 2049 is actually Blade Runner.

Evanus

Either way I'm glad he got to do Covenant, to see Ridley visit the Alien universe one last time. Gonna miss his crazy ideas.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Evanus on Mar 20, 2022, 03:07:47 PM
Either way I'm glad he got to do Covenant, to see Ridley visit the Alien universe one last time. Gonna miss his crazy ideas.

Hear, hear.

I just really wishing we could have gotten one more stab at it from him before, before eventually handing the franchise off to a myriad of other filmmakers to put their own spins on it again as is happening now.

I do hope that, Covenant sequel aside, Ridley does have at least one more sci-fi project in him. I've been loving how hands-on he's been with the design elements of Raised By Wolves, even though that one is full-on Aaron Guzikowski's baby. I'd also like to see him eventually get to do a Western but, I digress there...

Immortan Jonesy

Then David may be our very own Palpatine :laugh:

However, and while I know that David can wear a space suit without needing it as we saw in Prometheus, one thing that doesn't make sense with David ending up being the Space Jockey, is that we saw him piloting the ship without the Engineer suit. Not to mention how huge the original Jockey is of course. :P

Quote from: Nukiemorph on Mar 20, 2022, 05:22:25 AMI recall Andrew Gaska saying he was going to privately tell Hicks and Ridgetop his theory as to where Ridley wanted to take it... I've been very curious if he thinks Ridley was planning on making David the jockey.

I used to think that Raised By Wolves was what Ridley would have wanted Covenant or even the sequel to be. There is even Jockey-like stuff amongst other Alien-like stuff including androids with milk blood. But the truth is that he only directed a couple of episodes.  :-\

On the other hand, it would be great if Corporal and the Staff address Andrew Gaska's theory about it vía podcast.  8)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed