"That’s in process" - Ridley on Next Alien Prequel

Started by Stolen, Sep 02, 2020, 07:24:59 PM

Author
"That’s in process" - Ridley on Next Alien Prequel (Read 64,293 times)

Kradan

I would love if Ridley's next project turned out to be his retirement plans. When everybody's least expecting it he'll go all "Hahaha, f**k you, no more movies" and fly on the rocket to the Mars to plant potatoes on his poops for the rest of his days

Immortan Jonesy

Does this mean there is no prequel for now? Help! ???

PAS Spinelli

Ridley having the power he has over this franchise is probably the worst thing that happened to it since Colonial Marines

BlueMarsalis79

Ahahaha not even close, it is Colonial Marines, then Requiem, Marvel's Alien and then The Predator in terms of awful offensive shit.

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Mar 05, 2022, 10:35:15 AM
Ahahaha not even close, it is Colonial Marines, then Requiem, Marvel's Alien and then The Predator in terms of awful offensive shit.
Marvel's Alien can easily be ruled off as shitty non canon comics, not these movies, and unlike Ridley, they aren't the one preventing other projects from being made like Alien 5 or god knows how many other movie pitchs that didn't follow Ridley's shitty canon.

Also, I said "worst since", not the worst. And Predator isn't Alien so I'm not sure why you included The predator there.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Well I guess I just plain don't agree.

Frankly between Elysium and Chappie and Demonic we lost out on nothing by that never coming to fruition.

And there's aspects of the prequels I enjoy, it's not the creatively bankrupt Star Wars films under Disney we are talking about, they are interesting enough.

Kradan

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Mar 05, 2022, 10:35:15 AM

Agreed

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Mar 05, 2022, 10:53:17 AM
Also, I said "worst since", not the worst. And Predator isn't Alien so I'm not sure why you included The predator there.

You tell her, PAS !

Nightmare Asylum

Covenant is the most intetesting the series has been since '92.

426Buddy

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 05, 2022, 12:30:00 PM
Covenant is the most intetesting the series has been since '92.

100%

I really like Covenant, flaws and all. Just like with Alien 3 really.

Just wasn't keen on the David/creator aspect.

Kimarhi

I thought David was the best thing about the prequels.  Not too keen on him making the Alien, but they could still explain it away later by saying he was just some crazy android making shit up or that he followed the end design of someone else for the Alien in the very least it makes sense on why the facehuggers are designed the way they are. 

I was much more bothered by Prometheus take on just about everything though than I was Covenant. 

And Ridley Scott does have too much power over the franchise and I always wonder why.   He was AWOL from the franchise for years and somehow came back and became the primary voice for the franchise in which he constantly hears everything he puts forth as a good idea from the echo chamber he's created. 

It's not that I dislike Ridley, it just that nobody has told him no and he just makes some wile'in out crazy ass ideas that make no sense. 

Nightmare Asylum

Most tentpole releases these days don't have nearly enough wile'in out crazy ass ideas, so I'll take them where I can get them, even if they're a bit messy. ;)

Kimarhi

Because looking at a rock painting and somehow acquiring astro coordinates is high art. 

Mans is crazy. 

And he's surrounded himself with people who tell him everything he touches is golden.  It's also the same retread ideas that have been around in the EU for decades.  But it is professionally done now because they've got a hollywood playwright penning the script, instead of some comic dude.  But bad is bad at all levels.  At least the comics had some sort of charm to them.  Meanwhile I'm watching Prometheus thinking about how crazy it is that the first half of Prometheus is essentially the first half of AvP.  I mean even Paul Anderson writer of the RE movies knew that to locate the pyramid he had to use satellite technology and NOT mythical cave paintings. 

Reminds me of the whole Bill Burr talking about Elvis wearing a onesie, kicking and ripping it, and letting his balls hang out.

"You like it, you like it when I kick and my royal balls hang out?"

"We love it king, keep going!"

When Scott finally decides to let this franchise go, will finally be the time that the franchise can move forward because it isn't held hostage by an old man's random flavor of the week thought process. 

Somebody get Denis V to do an Alien movie before he's twenty more years into his career and goes wild like Scott. 

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Kimarhi on Mar 06, 2022, 04:36:20 AM
Because looking at a rock painting and somehow acquiring astro coordinates is high art. 

Oh, I'm much more referring to Covenant here than Prometheus. Prometheus is my least favorite of the six films. Interesting ideas, beautiful cinematography, and a godawful script and even worse editing...

I don't think every single Ridley touches is gold, but I do think he's consistently interesting, I love Covenant, and he's been on a real hot streak with The Last Duel and House of Gucci. I want to see him get to bring his vision to a close, even if the specifics of that vision are in flux every time a new idea interests him.

Quote from: Kimarhi on Mar 06, 2022, 04:36:20 AM
Somebody get Denis V to do an Alien movie before he's twenty more years into his career and goes wild like Scott. 

I really love Denis, but I think his style is a bit too sterile for this particular world.

Jennifer Kent and Jonathan Glazer are names that come to mind as people who would make very intetesting Alien movies.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed