Alien: Covenant Concept Art/Behind-the-Scenes Thread *spoilers*

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 17, 2017, 10:11:32 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant Concept Art/Behind-the-Scenes Thread *spoilers* (Read 389,447 times)

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: The Old One on Jun 20, 2018, 04:07:58 PM
Can't say I'm a fan of the head shape or colouration

Yeah, too much UFO creature vibe for my taste.

Or even like...

MU-TH-UR 6000

Quote from: The Old One on Jun 20, 2018, 04:07:58 PM
Can't say I'm a fan of the head shape or colouration but I adore Huante's other work on the Alien, which unfortunately was substantiated with more bestial versions in the final product. I'd love to see- any of his work make it uncompromised to film. The closest I feel we've got so far is the Covenant Chestburster.

If it was translucent it could work but I would prefer as well some of his blueish tones he uses so well on other sketches (though it would probably loose some of its neat details).

FenGiddel

Quote from: MU-TH-UR 6000 on Jun 20, 2018, 03:53:37 PM
Not exactly from Prometheus or Covenant but boy do I like the feminine shapes on this bad girl. This is probably what I'd like to see on the next one.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkPXgeHH1tw/?taken-by=carlos_huante
Can you imagine how creepy it would be to see it smiling that hideous smile at you while those chest nostrils flare with its breathing...?

426Buddy

I like it.. wonder how it lays/spreads spore pods.

OpenMaw

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jun 21, 2018, 12:40:20 AM
I like it.. wonder how it lays/spreads spore pods.

Looks pretty vaginal down there.

Scorpio

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 22, 2018, 05:28:47 AM
https://www.instagram.com/p/BkRlpvJnm5p/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1en1mdnt5jkz2

The pods in Alien/Aliens/Alien 3/Prometheus are very womb-like and somewhat comforting, these are more industrial and machine-like.  A little more claustrophobic/sarcophagus like the pods in 2001:  A Space Odyssey.

Perfect-Organism

You could not pay me enough to get into one of those.  That is a literal coffin.

SM

Only when HAL turns off the life support.

Perfect-Organism

Before you fall asleep, there is still that moment when you are awake inside that pod which is sealed shut.  I think I would go mental.

SM

SM

Only for a moment.

OpenMaw

Could explain why they redesigned them later on down the line in Alien and Aliens. Psychological comfort.

Corporal Hicks

I think Ridley actually refers to them as caskets in the audio commentary.

Delta Echo Alpha Delta

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 25, 2018, 07:44:03 AM
I think Ridley actually refers to them as caskets in the audio commentary.

The muthur interactive called the Engineer Hypersleep chambers sarcophagus, which I think is cool. Links back to the Egyptian aesthetic in Dan O'Bannon's original concept with the Pyramid/Tomb.

The Old One

The Old One

Haven't seen anyone mention this before, the real Neomorph.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed