Alien: Covenant Concept Art/Behind-the-Scenes Thread *spoilers*

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 17, 2017, 10:11:32 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant Concept Art/Behind-the-Scenes Thread *spoilers* (Read 397,248 times)

Corporal Hicks

ChrisPachi

Shaw wasn't turning into anything, and there is no mystery; it's David's artwork.

Still Collating...

I still wonder what's up with her head? The bones I mean. Is it a mutation, or just David making a weird head carrier?  :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

Early Queen crest confirmed.

426Buddy

Speaking of queen crest, i still feel like that poster with all the aliens, facehuggers, and engineers was quite misleading.

Corporal Hicks

Completely. But it was still an awesome piece.

426Buddy

Yeah i love it, its been the wallpaper in my phone since it was revealed lol.

Delta Echo Alpha Delta

Quote from: 426Buddy on Feb 17, 2018, 06:12:04 PM
Speaking of queen crest, i still feel like that poster with all the aliens, facehuggers, and engineers was quite misleading.

Same =.= but I love the design so much I printed it on A0 Paper.

When space sci-fi meets art eh.

Still Collating...

They pulled a Gearbox with that misleading marketing...  :P

But jokes aside, that poster was awesome! I want that damn David and Shaw novel of their "fun" time on the ship and Paradise in the time span of those 10 years.

BishopShouldGo

Yeah, what did we end up getting? A mass engineer death, the engineer temple, two classic xenos, two neomorphs, and two facehuggers?

SM

Quote from: Still Collating... on Feb 17, 2018, 11:35:58 AM
I still wonder what's up with her head? The bones I mean. Is it a mutation, or just David making a weird head carrier?  :laugh:

He was going for this...

Still Collating...

Kenner = David confirmed.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Feb 17, 2018, 11:26:23 PM

Yeah, what did we end up getting? A mass engineer death, the engineer temple, two classic xenos, two neomorphs, and two facehuggers?

I meant in the way that there were aliens and facehuggers attacking engineers with queen nods sprinkled in. It led me to believe that the engineers would have some sort of history with the aliens. Maybe even some screen time together in the film. Obviously david creates the alien after the engineers are long dead.

I enjoyed AC for the most part and it wasnt a huge deal. But the poster had my imagination going in a different direction.

Delta Echo Alpha Delta

Quote from: Still Collating... on Feb 17, 2018, 11:35:58 AM

According to the sculptor it's a homage to Giger's Li, as for David perhaps it is the perfection of his dreams. Giger was said to have suffered from nightmares right? That's where he found artistic inspiration. Only androids don't sleep. So David must dream with his eyes open.

Still Collating...

Well, it's a good homage then. Either way, it looks really creepy.

Yeah, I like the angle that David's nightmares/dreams are the inspiration for all the horrible creations. But I never thought does he sleep or not. That takes daydreaming to a whole new level.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed