Ridley Scott wanted to make a movie series about robots

Started by EJA, Jan 03, 2022, 01:48:43 PM

Author
Ridley Scott wanted to make a movie series about robots (Read 3,599 times)

Kradan

People will never get over it, huh ?

Nightmare Asylum

The Engineers made us, sure, but nothing anyways stating that the pathogen is also their creation — just that it is a tool they used, much like David did.

Kradan

I think SiL was more upset about Engineers being bunch of Dr. Manhattans

SiL

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jan 04, 2022, 08:44:39 PM
The Engineers made us, sure, but nothing anyways stating that the pathogen is also their creation — just that it is a tool they used, much like David did.
There's likewise nothing stating they didn't, so I still can't give it points as some ancient cosmic horror.

BlueMarsalis79

I'm more upset about them being Engineers honestly, than either their relationship to the Alien itself, or their retrofitted appearance.

EJA

Now the series is just about Dr, Manhattan clones and David robots.

Immortan Jonesy

I think the thread title kinda predicted the future about Noah's series  :laugh:

BlueMarsalis79

EJA

And we will never know why they wanted humans to go to their planet. Ugh, did the writers think any of this through???

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: EJA on Jan 11, 2022, 04:40:09 PM
And we will never know why they wanted humans to go to their planet. Ugh, did the writers think any of this through???

Prometheus' script is messy as can be, but that part is easy enough to figure out, based on the information in the film. At the time of humanity's creation, the Engineers left the star maps on Earth so that we could come find them when we are ready to leave our world and explore the stars. At some point ~2000 years ago, long before we ever became a spacefaring race, we did something that upset the Engineers and made them change their minds about us and want to snuff us out before we ever reached that point, so the installation on LV-223 that the maps directed to was converted to a weapons facility where the Pathogen was being loaded up to be brought to Earth, only there was an outbreak in the installation that killed all but one of the Engineers before they could ever make their way to Earth with their deadly cargo.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed