The Weyland-Yutani Debrief - Videos about Alien Lore

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 13, 2018, 07:32:57 AM

Author
The Weyland-Yutani Debrief - Videos about Alien Lore (Read 11,759 times)

SM

Good to hear.  AvPG should be a leader with sort of thing rather than having content pilfered from the forums by other channels.

Darwinsgirl

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 17, 2018, 04:31:49 AM
Has anyone ever mispronounced "SM?"

eM! er Me!      "MS" rather than "SM"   Only cause I'm a wee bit dyslexic.

(no disrespect intended as I'm one here who considers him the "source" on ALIEN ;))

Another good video!  This is such a coincidence Hicks. I have been researching this same topic! :D Though I hadn't thought of the games since I'm not a "gamer".

Local Trouble

Quote from: SM on Jul 17, 2018, 11:34:42 AM
Good to hear.  AvPG should be a leader with sort of thing rather than having content pilfered from the forums by other channels.

You don't like all those clickbaity videos with some narrator reciting a wiki article?

The Cruentus

I know I don't. Damn plagiarists.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 17, 2018, 04:10:32 PM
Quote from: SM on Jul 17, 2018, 11:34:42 AM

You don't like all those clickbaity videos with some narrator reciting a wiki article?
I could almost defend those in the sense that they're like "audiobook" versions of wiki articles - I can fire up a playlist of a bunch of videos and let them run in the background while I'm doing other stuff.

What puts a bad taste in my mouth is when they don't acknowledge their sources. Like, if they literally said "....and now I'm going to read a the wiki article located at ________, credit given to that wiki", the videos wouldn't feel as scummy.

OpenMaw

Yeah, but everything about those videos is scummy and annoying.

OXYGEN EXPLAINED - Oxygen is air. We breath it. Okay. THANKS for watching. Be sure to like and subscribe. Share with your friends. Go to my patreon and give me your money, so that I can make more videos like this where half my run time is composed of an After Effects intro and plugging for myself... What are your thoughts on Oxygen?

It really bugs me when it's something obvious. Like "What was Wolf's mission on Earth?" Uh... Go watch the damn movie. Nobody asked that question, you're just pulling videos out of your butt.

Xenomrph

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jul 28, 2018, 03:19:32 PM
Yeah, but everything about those videos is scummy and annoying.

OXYGEN EXPLAINED - Oxygen is air. We breath it. Okay. THANKS for watching. Be sure to like and subscribe. Share with your friends. Go to my patreon and give me your money, so that I can make more videos like this where half my run time is composed of an After Effects intro and plugging for myself... What are your thoughts on Oxygen?

It really bugs me when it's something obvious. Like "What was Wolf's mission on Earth?" Uh... Go watch the damn movie. Nobody asked that question, you're just pulling videos out of your butt.
Well yeah, that kind of nonsense is, well, nonsense. But if a channel marketed itself as literally being "wiki articles, read aloud in a clear tone of voice", I think there's a legit market for that.

TheBATMAN

Until you listen to one and realise it's being read word for word from something you wrote yourself several years back...

Huggs

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Jul 28, 2018, 10:18:00 PM
Until you listen to one and realise it's being read word for word from something you wrote yourself several years back...

Diabolical  :o

Xenomrph

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Jul 28, 2018, 10:18:00 PM
It wouldn't be much of a realization if the video cited its sources up-front in the description.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 17, 2018, 08:33:07 AM
Quote from: SM on Jul 16, 2018, 11:57:49 PM
There's the point though.  AvPG is the biggest Alien fansite on the web.  BE the authority.  Don't just guess.

That's fair enough and a completely valid criticism. I didn't expect to get it perfect but I wasn't expecting to get it that wrong either. My fault for not checking beforehand. I'll endeavour to re-record and re-edit this again soon.

And by soon, 3 months later -

Re-uploaded with a new voiceover that I did 3 months ago and got SM stamped. Finally got my lazy ass into gear and re-assembled the video this morning.

Got another 2 video scripts nearly written that I'm aiming to finish off tomorrow and get to work on. Hoping that with the upcoming lull I'll be able to get some more content done.  :) Hopefully the motivation will keep up with my intentions.

Corporal Hicks

Frosty Venom

Eloise is such a unique character. I've always been interested in the hybrids since a young age.

A good video my man, cheers!

Corporal Hicks

Much appreciated.  :)

Eldritch_DM

I'm a sucker for lore videos that do their research, you're up there with Alien Theory in my book. So far you're doing great Hicks! I'm happy you tackled the names video. I personally have been butchering them for so long, and now I don't have to anymore.   :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed