Alien: Covenant Teaser Trailer Now Online!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 25, 2016, 05:06:30 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant Teaser Trailer Now Online! (Read 129,901 times)

Engineer

I'm satisfied with the trailer and what I saw. I think I'll enjoy this far more than I did Prometheus. It Doesn't seem like they've made the same mistakes, which is good...

... but for whatever reason, I still can't shake the feeling/vibe that this isn't really "alien." Something still feels off about it!

DaddyYautja

Hmmmm, the trailer makes it seem like they just remade Alien.

They dropped in a different location but the series of events are almost the same.

A group of people land on a planet with a Jock ship, explore it, and get infected.

And if this group knows what they are looking for... why would they walk in unprotected? The planet having a breathable atmosphere is not an excuse. That scene of being infected by the spore is the same silliness we saw in Prometheus from people that should know better.

Jeri

Damn.... Looks awesome, visuals look great!

Wasn't the spore parasite introduce in one of  the unmade scripts for Alien 3?  :P

Lol now I can finally rest..

Corporal Hicks

So did anyone spot Weyland?

Makala

Makala

I was thinking the same.. Maybe

aliens13

Hey Hicks, are you going to upload the trailer on 1080p?

whiterabbit

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 25, 2016, 05:47:43 AM
No. Is he supposed to be in the trailer? Also David looks a little chunkier where as Walter pretty much looks like David from Prometheus. Also that shot at the beginning, I'm wondering if the two are Walter and David.

MajorB

I'm pretty sure this silhouette is Weyland.

Xenomorphine

The dogtags are clearly from someone, though whether that someone is a transmogrified Shaw is really anyone's guess.

Eh, serviceable. Moody, though nothing special, IMO. Not at all on the level of that famous 'Prometheus' one, but then, few things really could be.

There was something a bit artificial-looking and unconvincing about the Alien's face. Not sure why.

At least it had more promise than the lazy poster design. Guess we now know why there were two pools of blood in that set picture, eh? My guess is that the reason the other woman can't be let out is that both her and the other guy are believed to be infected.

Starting to have problems with Ridley Scott's infatuation with supposed professionals not wearing any protective suits... It's not like they couldn't have also given the pods serrated thorns to tear through the suit material and infect people that way. It's way too much like 'Star Trek' to have professionals not care about native bacteria/parasites/whatever, which could literally be anywhere in an atmosphere and for which they would potentially have no cure.

I mean, I get that, thematically, he's probably trying to push an underlying psychological theme of sacrificial vulnerability and 'shedding one's skin', but it still feels as superficial as it did the last time.

So, yes, interesting, but it hasn't given me a reason to raise my expectations. Still feels a little too close to 'Prometheus' for that. Nice to hear some of the original sound effects, however. :)

Nightmare Asylum

No clue what to make of this. Some of it looks fairly interesting, but a lot of it looks like a really generic, run of the mill slasher. I guess it's for the best that the trailer doesn't have me as excited as the Prometheus trailer did. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised this time, rather than completely burnt by the experience. I want to love this and there are some elements of the trailer that seem like they have the potential to work, but Alien is just one of those movies that I love and will always hold dear to my heart, so it upsets me so much when I see the property mangled the way it has been, especially at the hands of Ridley Scott himself. Some of this just seems so cheap and below him, even below Prometheus somehow. Like it's just horror schlock without any of the integrity of the original, or any of the ambition (however misplaced and butchered it was) of Prometheus.

I want to like this. I want to love it. I don't want to keep feeling burnt by this franchise.

BishopShouldGo

That was amazing!!! Was that David in the black robe?

For some reason I wasn't expecting Jack Paglen to be credited lol.

anduu

Quote from: MajorB on Dec 25, 2016, 05:56:34 AM

I was thinking that was David and Walter meeting...could be wrong

Eldritch_DM

Beautiful... I'm weeping... gave me goosebumps the whole time. Merry Christmas to me!!

Also, Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays to everyone no matter what you celebrate!

monkeylove

Quote from: Feeds On Minds on Dec 25, 2016, 05:31:08 AM
I guess I'm alone when I say this trailer did nothing for me; just more of the same and the alien was very obviously cgi

You're not alone. Looks ordinary to me.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: MajorB on Dec 25, 2016, 05:56:34 AM

Yep! Looks like the footage we described when we broke the Weyland news.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed