Beware Latest Trash From WeGotThisCovered - Predator Reboot by Quentin Tarantino

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 06, 2020, 08:01:44 PM

Author
Beware Latest Trash From WeGotThisCovered - Predator Reboot by Quentin Tarantino (Read 1,154 times)

Corporal Hicks

Copying here so you don't have to give them ad revenue by clicking links. Beware the latest rumours being spread by this trash website.

QuoteNow that Disney holds the rights to all Fox titles following their acquisition of the studio last year, a number of franchises are currently in limbo. And one that's certainly faltering and could use a rejuvenation is Predator.

On that note, we've heard today from our sources – the same ones who said Paramount is rebooting the Transformers franchise and that Lethal Weapon 5 is in development with Mel Gibson and Danny Glover returning, both of which we know to be true – that Disney wants Robert Rodriguez to direct the next Predator film. It'll reportedly be a soft reboot and while the story is unknown, it sounds like they'll be ignoring Shane Black's The Predator from 2018. Oh, and the best part is, Rodriguez wants his pal, Quentin Tarantino, to write the script.

Bringing in Tarantino would certainly count as a rejuvenation. He's long said that he's only directing one more movie, but he also teased a Star Trek script he'd written and wanted to direct. The filmmaker's since indicated that that might not happen now, but even if he only directs one more time, writing scripts doesn't count. He began his career as a screenwriter, after all, having penned True Romance for Tony Scott, so he's definitely more than capable of strictly crafting scripts moving forward.

Rodriguez behind the camera makes sense, too. He actually produced the 2010 reboot, Predators, which had a really cool premise despite the execution not being totally there. Rodriguez knows how to make genre films as well, but he hasn't made a great movie in a while. I know Alita: Battle Angel has its defenders, but other than the visuals, the story and characters just weren't that interesting.

But with Tarantino writing, Rodriguez could certainly make, at the very least, a decent Predator movie, which we've been clamoring for since the original was released back in 1987. Black's 2018 version was immensely disappointing, leaving many to wonder if the franchise was officially dead. And while it might be on its last legs, a collaboration between Rodriguez and Tarantino would certainly breathe new life into it. I mean, who doesn't want to see a Disney Predator movie with those two at the helm?

Voodoo Magic

Well damn. Probably nothing. Then again, I thought Tarintino writing and directing a Star Trek movie was also some crazy sounding bullsh*t too, until it wasn't. I never thought Tarintino would even want to direct a pre-existing franchise until Trek...

Wysps

Thanks for the heads up, Hicks...

I'd love for Robert Rodriguez to continue where he left off, but I'd rather hear news about it from a reputable source.

Master

Thanks Boss. Hard to believe Tarantino would touch Predator. Rodriguez? Much more likely, though I'd much prefere him continue Predators instead of rebooting the series all over again.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Master on Apr 07, 2020, 05:06:26 AM
Thanks Boss. Hard to believe Tarantino would touch Predator. Rodriguez? Much more likely, though I'd much prefere him continue Predators instead of rebooting the series all over again.

It would be pretty wild if he did!

Kradan

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 06, 2020, 08:40:35 PM
Well damn. Probably nothing. Then again, I thought Tarintino writing and directing a Star Trek movie was also some crazy sounding bullsh*t too, until it wasn't. I never thought Tarintino would even want to direct a pre-existing franchise until Trek...

He's never seemed as a "sci-fi" director to me.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Kradan on Apr 07, 2020, 12:24:08 PM

Indeed. A Horror?  A Slasher?  Sure, considering he wrote From Dusk till Dawn.  Even Death Proof shows me Tarintino has the chops for that genre, which Predator can certainly qualify.  But Star Trek and Tarintino?  I still struggle with that odd marriage.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Huggs

If it means Samuel gets to give lengthy speeches in a predator film, I wouldn't exactly mind it.

"Yautja muthaf***a, do you speak it?!"

Master

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 07, 2020, 12:41:58 PM
Quote from: Kradan on Apr 07, 2020, 12:24:08 PM

Indeed. A Horror?  A Slasher?  Sure, considering he wrote From Dusk till Dawn.  Even Death Proof shows me Tarintino has the chops for that genre, which Predator can certainly qualify.  But Star Trek and Tarintino?  I still struggle with that odd marriage.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

IDK, I mean just imagine Samuel L. G. as the starship captain :D

Voodoo Magic

Huggs

Captains Muthaf***in' Log.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed