New Alien First Person Shooter in development @ Cold Iron Studios

Started by Moosh89, Jan 17, 2018, 05:20:48 PM

Author
New Alien First Person Shooter in development @ Cold Iron Studios (Read 154,391 times)

Still Collating...

I'm just so excited that there is finally a new game on the horizon. I like that it's going to have multiplayer, since the last game, Alien Isolation, was singleplayer only, though I'd definitely like there to be more great sinlgeplayer only entries in the future of the franchise. I wouldn't mind, like others here have mentioned, if it was similar to Natural Selection 2, though I'll take anything if the quality is on par. In these few pages we see how hard it is to please everyone, so many completely different ideas are up in the air. I wish the studio all the luck and hope for quality and that they take care of the franchise.

EVIL the PREDATOR

EVIL the PREDATOR

Erm yeah the engineers use them as a weapon of war ... every fan knows that .

EVIL the PREDATOR

EVIL the PREDATOR

@ D. Compton ... ENGINEERS..Little is known of this race. The principal theory of their connection to the Xenomorphs, which was mentioned briefly by Ridley Scott in his director's commentary for the first Alien DVD, is that the Engineer's Ship in Alien was a "bomber" and that they used them as biogenic weapons to fight an ancient war against an unknown foe. There is some evidence to support this, such as the Xenomorph's biomechanical nature. Xenomorph Eggs were believed to be used as "bombs" on an enemy planet and then the Xenomorphs would proceed to kill the entire population as they spawned......  I rest my case !

EVIL the PREDATOR

EVIL the PREDATOR

Not everyone goes along with the prequels.. Space jockeys were well established by dark horse and other media before the prequels came out.. (which were terrible might I just add)

JokersWarPig

I think he meant how would you use the Xeno's as weapons in a game that's confirmed to be an FPS

Embry Starred

I want to be excited but I am not... we havnt had a predator game since 2005

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Feb 05, 2018, 03:57:40 PM
I think he meant how would you use the Xeno's as weapons in a game that's confirmed to be an FPS

Like the dogs in CoD? It could happen but to be honest, I'd rather just play as the Aliens.

D. Compton Ambrose

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Feb 05, 2018, 03:57:40 PM

Yes, exactly.

WanderingRonin

Makes you wonder if it's going for an original story or another retread of the ripley saga. I honestly hope not. The comics had great original ideas, they should get some inspiration from those. Or well, just make a good game.

Anyone remember Crucible?

D. Compton Ambrose

Quote from: WanderingRonin on Feb 08, 2018, 11:38:38 AM
Makes you wonder if it's going for an original story or another retread of the ripley saga. I honestly hope not. The comics had great original ideas, they should get some inspiration from those. Or well, just make a good game.

Anyone remember Crucible?
Of course. While it isn't a sequel to Isolation, it doesn't have to be directly connected but they should at least make some references to it, and do an aesthetically-similar take regarding environment and the player/NPC interaction with/in it.

EVIL the PREDATOR

EVIL the PREDATOR

Anyone seen or heard of the game scorn ? That for me is what a new alien game should play and feel like , it should feel "alien" .
I'm sort of tired of playing the same  sh** again and again . Honestly I know you might not agree, but hasn't the bug hunt become a bit stale . Isolations alien was excellently executed , but it's been done now , and I honestly think Engineers have a story to be told and it needs to be fleshed out . A video game is a good platform to do that . We have never seen them in video game form barring isolation . And yes the cod dogs were exactly what I had in mind corporal hicks when I wrote that  ;) I'm down as playing as alien itself or an engineer, but please no more running around with guns !

Corporal Hicks

QuotePaid a visit to one of the gang while in London. Looking sharp, as always.

https://twitter.com/FoxNext/status/963066334245306368

Delta Echo Alpha Delta

I am stalking the hell out of the devs for this game, I can't wait.

Corporal Hicks

Unfortunately not a great amount of intel but -

QuoteMarvel is on one end of the spectrum where they have a million different characters and enemy types and hero types, but Alien has always just had a couple of enemy types to take on. How does the team behind the announced Alien shooter work within those constructs to make a compelling game while only having a few enemy types from the source material?

I don't manage that game directly, so I can't really speak for their creative vision behind it, but the way that we try to look at each different IP out there is that you have to tap into what's special about it. We would never – again speaking just for my studio in L.A. – we would never take a license like Alien and try to do a game that's heavily dependent on creating a huge roster of unique characters. It just wouldn't fit. It goes back to that thing of "Does it fit like a glove with what you're building, or not?" The way that I look at Alien is that it's much more of an intense survival, maybe a little horror, and you want to immerse players in that world, and again, give them the tools to fulfill that fantasy. You only need the few characters and enemy types that you see in that world to create something compelling.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2018/03/29/foxnext-vp-general-manager-talks-fox-gaming-initiative-and-licensing-with-marvel.aspx - Thanks to RidgeTop.

Delta Echo Alpha Delta

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 30, 2018, 09:12:43 AM
Unfortunately not a great amount of intel but -

QuoteMarvel is on one end of the spectrum where they have a million different characters and enemy types and hero types, but Alien has always just had a couple of enemy types to take on. How does the team behind the announced Alien shooter work within those constructs to make a compelling game while only having a few enemy types from the source material?

I don't manage that game directly, so I can't really speak for their creative vision behind it, but the way that we try to look at each different IP out there is that you have to tap into what's special about it. We would never – again speaking just for my studio in L.A. – we would never take a license like Alien and try to do a game that's heavily dependent on creating a huge roster of unique characters. It just wouldn't fit. It goes back to that thing of "Does it fit like a glove with what you're building, or not?" The way that I look at Alien is that it's much more of an intense survival, maybe a little horror, and you want to immerse players in that world, and again, give them the tools to fulfill that fantasy. You only need the few characters and enemy types that you see in that world to create something compelling.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2018/03/29/foxnext-vp-general-manager-talks-fox-gaming-initiative-and-licensing-with-marvel.aspx - Thanks to RidgeTop.

What I get from that is it is more Alien than Aliens... Which is weird for a shooter.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed