The Predator @ Comic-Con

Started by ace3g, Jun 20, 2018, 12:17:30 AM

Author
The Predator @ Comic-Con (Read 98,254 times)

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Quote from: cheachea on Jul 20, 2018, 03:31:53 PM
Quote from: Yautja_Warrior on Jul 20, 2018, 03:15:50 PM
Quote from: Ultramorph on Jul 20, 2018, 02:17:53 PM
I don't really understand why they showed the Fugitive getting killed at Comic Con, seems like a very major spoiler. Maybe there's something they're holding back.

They clearly want to push their new Super Predator as the main monster. "Look at what we created, just look what it can do to the old Predator......"

Maybe the Super Predator will be a decent monster and the movie will still be good but it's a little sad that the iconic original is being treated like this again, for the second time in a row.

The next 2 movies (if they make them) better have the classic Pred's kicking the Super's ass big time.

I lolled and I would make the same face in cinema if this happened :v

Highland

Highland

Regardless of who wins, it's a ridiculous decision to spoil it before the movie. I really don't get what this achieves

Somebody give me a reason.

SiL

SiL

"THIS PREDATOR IS THE BIG BAD BE SCARED OF IT."

That's all I got.

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Quote from: Highland on Jul 21, 2018, 12:30:14 PM
Regardless of who wins, it's a ridiculous decision to spoil it before the movie. I really don't get what this achieves

Somehow they have the impression lately that the more the trailer shows twists and surprises, the more people will come to see the film. This is backed by statistics. Problem is, more people start showing up because the franchises gain momentum, not because of epic spoiling trailers...

I agree though, like BvS spoiled Doomsday a month before release, Predator spoils the upgrade/assassin...

Thing is, no one asked for a newer, badder model. Predators where bad ass on their own.

Dusk

Dusk

Quote from: SiL on Jul 21, 2018, 12:57:41 PM
"THIS PREDATOR IS THE BIG BAD BE SCARED OF IT."

That's all I got.

This whole thing is just flawed. If I'm not scared anymore of the original Predator, why would I be scared of Upgrade? Ok, it's bigger, it's tougher, that just means we need a bigger log to kill it. The entire Movie will still end with people finding a way to outsmart it, because it's technologically and physically superior to us.

brokentusk420

brokentusk420

Quote from: Hughughug on Jul 21, 2018, 07:15:54 AM
Quote from: brokentusk420 on Jul 20, 2018, 09:23:23 PM
All this classic versus upgrade, and having classic win because he's the "classic" is as about as lame as the crap they continue to do with the T-Rex in the Jurassic Park movies to appease the fans. Its horrible story telling and pandering at best. Dont get me wrong, the super predator beating the classic one just to push it as the new baddie, is stupid too. But at least its not eye rolling trex breaking through a spinosaurus skeleton lame. Easily one of the most garbage moments in the Jurassic World movie.

Speak for yourself. As someone who was utterly pissed at that shit moment from JP3, I thought it was awesome.
Yes, it's shameless pandering, but it's not as bad as crapping on the "classics" to make the new baddie seem tougher. That's more eye-roll worthy for me. Heyo kids, our new toy is better and stronger than your dad's old model. You seem to agree with this as well, however, so I don't get the point of your post ("It's stupid that the super predator kills the classic, but having the classics winning is lame", so which is it??).

:laugh: My point is they are both stupid things to do,  the worst being some BS pandering to fans like you because they can't get over something as trivial as killing an arbitrary dinosaur. This isn't Bambi and even if it was so what. It wasn't a shit moment and nowhere says the trex is the end all baddie that no one can beat. That's just stupid and something a five year old would cry about. ::) 

azamultic

azamultic

Quote from: skull-splitter on Jul 21, 2018, 01:11:33 PM
Quote from: Highland on Jul 21, 2018, 12:30:14 PM

Somehow they have the impression lately that the more the trailer shows twists and surprises, the more people will come to see the film. This is backed by statistics. Problem is, more people start showing up because the franchises gain momentum, not because of epic spoiling trailers...

I agree though, like BvS spoiled Doomsday a month before release, Predator spoils the upgrade/assassin...

Thing is, no one asked for a newer, badder model. Predators where bad ass on their own.

But isn't it how the media works, I mean Terminator 2 had T 1000, Aliens had Queen, ecery new adventure of the franchise needs to create new unthinkable chalange for the characters and viewer(it's in every media, cartoon tv shows, anime, manga, comics, ). Now is the Big Upgraded Predator the best decision, nope for me, but it folllows the rules of all franchises.

Dusk

Dusk

Quote from: azamultic on Jul 21, 2018, 01:20:36 PM
But isn't it how the media works, I mean Terminator 2 had T 1000, Aliens had Queen, ecery new adventure of the franchise needs to create new unthinkable chalange for the characters and viewer(it's in every media, cartoon tv shows, anime, manga, comics, ). Now is the Big Upgraded Predator the best decision, nope for me, but it folllows the rules of all franchises.

Except you didn't deal with a bigger and tougher Terminator in Terminator 2. The T-1000 and T-800 were still equally matched for the most part. It was just because of the T-1000's unique body, that you could never really put it down for the count for too long, as it would heal from every injury. And of course, over time, it would gain the upper hand against the T-800.

And the Alien Queen in Aliens was just a natural progression of the species. The Facehuggers hatched from eggs. So the question was, who laid the eggs? And the Queen wasn't even the focus of the Movie, as Ripley and the Marines dealt with regular Aliens, for most of the Movie. The Queen only came into play towards the end of the Movie and it didn't make the regular Aliens obsolete.

In The Predator, the regular Predator is apparently getting b**ch slapped around, before getting its head torn off, in a very one sided battle.

azamultic

azamultic

Quote from: Dusk on Jul 21, 2018, 01:36:30 PM
Quote from: azamultic on Jul 21, 2018, 01:20:36 PM

Except you didn't deal with a bigger and tougher Terminator in Terminator 2. The T-1000 and T-800 were still equally matched for the most part. It was just because of the T-1000's unique body, that you could never really put it down for the count for too long, as it would heal from every injury. And of course, over time, it would gain the upper hand against the T-800.

And the Alien Queen in Aliens was just a natural progression of the species. The Facehuggers hatched from eggs. So the question was, who laid the eggs? And the Queen wasn't even the focus of the Movie, as Ripley and the Marines dealt with regular Aliens, for most of the Movie. The Queen only came into play towards the end of the Movie and it didn't make the regular Aliens obsolete.

In The Predator, the regular Predator is apparently getting b**ch slapped around, before getting its head torn off, in a very one sided battle.

Sir I am on your side with Upgrade thing. It's just people asking why why why they needed biggere and badder version of the predator. I am just answering that it's part of the game. It's part of movie, cartoon, comics, anime etc. franchises. To creat bigger and badder chalanges. Thats it. Now T 1000 was not bigger, but much badder version, T 800 said that he would be destroyd by T 1000. Alien Queen was partly for exploration reasons, but still I think they used her as a tool to create bigger and badder version of the Alien. So my point is every new instalment needs to create something new, and usually it goes for bigger and badder, thats it.

Now again they could have go different way with this idea and not bitch slap the classic predator, but it's another topic  ;)

Jesscobb

proto leech

proto leech

so the classic-ish predator gets f**ked by the cgi cartoon predator. fantastic they sure do know what the fans want

what exactly am i supposed to be hyped for in this movie? predators hybridizing? cringy shane black jokes? avp references? little kid using predator tech? everything about this reeks of a shitty resident evil movie. this movie has definitely earned the luke warm reception its gotten since the trailer.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: King geedorah on Jul 21, 2018, 04:02:08 PM
so the classic-ish predator gets f**ked by the cgi cartoon predator. fantastic they sure do know what the fans want

what exactly am i supposed to be hyped for in this movie? predators hybridizing? cringy shane black jokes? avp references? little kid using predator tech? everything about this reeks of a shitty resident evil movie. this movie has definitely earned the luke warm reception its gotten since the trailer.

Fans often want delusional and stupid stuff for their favorite franchises, sorry but studios are better off without listening to them too much.

Xerxész

Xerxész

Quote from: Jesscobb on Jul 21, 2018, 02:13:59 PM
Look at the feet.. xenomorphy... or it just me. http://news.toyark.com/2018/07/20/sdcc-2018-gallery-neca-deluxe-assassin-predator-prototype-310221

Those kinda 'layers' on his body are quite interesting... Maybe that's his armor...biomechanical, chitin, not metal.

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Quote from: Xerxész on Jul 21, 2018, 04:18:44 PM
Quote from: Jesscobb on Jul 21, 2018, 02:13:59 PM
Look at the feet.. xenomorphy... or it just me. http://news.toyark.com/2018/07/20/sdcc-2018-gallery-neca-deluxe-assassin-predator-prototype-310221

Those kinda 'layers' on his body are quite interesting... Maybe that's his armor...biomechanical, chitin, not metal.

Prefer old school armor any time.

proto leech

proto leech

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jul 21, 2018, 04:09:00 PM
Quote from: King geedorah on Jul 21, 2018, 04:02:08 PM

Fans often want delusional and stupid stuff for their favorite franchises, sorry but studios are better off without listening to them too much.

Sounds like thats exactly what they did and took ideas from the worst fanfiction they could find, complete with deviantart tier OC predator who so much more "badass" than any other :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed