Alien Covenant Blu-ray

Started by 0321recon, Jun 29, 2017, 02:49:35 PM

Author
Alien Covenant Blu-ray (Read 118,842 times)

echobbase79

echobbase79

It's being released in the UK in September. I don't understand why?

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

Hey, you guys got the theatrical release first!  ;D

echobbase79

echobbase79

Someone shared a link of the deleted scenes on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3cM3HnjisE

DorkiDori

DorkiDori

meh, outside of the courtyard flare drop and the suited Neomorph, most of these scenes are meh... they are all in the book as it is ;)

Evanus

Evanus

Is.. Is that it? Kinda disappointing.

Protozoid

Protozoid

Quote from: Evanus on Aug 05, 2017, 08:32:17 PM
Is.. Is that it? Kinda disappointing.
Yeah, those were all scenes where I understand why they were cut. They don't add anything and they are not particularly well written or performed.

tleilaxu

tleilaxu

The greenhouse scene was decent. The extended plaza scene was good but it was rightfully cut because it raised more questions than it answered. I also thought the flashback was decent. Everything else was superfluous. The Advent on the other hand, is amazing. It gives us more info about David's creation and what happened to Shaw, more info about the Engineers' "way". It delivers on things we didn't get (enough of) in the movie. Wish they had found a way to put these things into the movie itself instead of having it as a viral (unreleased) video.

echobbase79

echobbase79

I like all the deleted moments, especially the ones with Daniels and Walter. They do come off as disappointing because we know there's more footage that we'd love to see.

Evanus

Evanus

Quote from: echobbase79 on Aug 05, 2017, 09:55:18 PM

I like all the deleted moments, especially the ones with Daniels and Walter. They do come off as disappointing because we know there's more footage that we'd love to see.
Yeah, exactly. They're nice, but I wanted more! Especially more Shaw material.

echobbase79

echobbase79

I don't understand why they didn't because they know fans love that kind of stuff. And it's perfect material for the home video market to increase sales. Oh well, I'm willing to double dip on both Prometheus and Covenant if they get new editions in the future.

Prez

Prez

So many scenes not included.

The jumping Alien in the red-lit tunnel on the Covenant in the original trailer. The scenes from the `She won't go quietly' trailer as well.

Evanus

Evanus

Quote from: Prez on Aug 06, 2017, 10:49:35 AM

The jumping Alien in the red-lit tunnel on the Covenant in the original trailer. The scenes from the `She won't go quietly' trailer as well.
Wasn't the `She won't go quietly' video purely meant as viral marketing, though?

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

I wanted to see the alternate ending, with David clicking his heels.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Evanus on Aug 06, 2017, 04:06:00 PM
Quote from: Prez on Aug 06, 2017, 10:49:35 AM

Wasn't the `She won't go quietly' video purely meant as viral marketing, though?

It was.

Scorpio

Scorpio

Quote from: echobbase79 on Aug 05, 2017, 09:55:18 PM

I like all the deleted moments, especially the ones with Daniels and Walter.

There's almost some weird romantic tension going on, very interesting.  Someone mentioned Remains of the Day, haven't seen the movie but I get the gist of it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed