New Prometheus Featurette! (New Clips/Short Interviews)

Started by MrSpaceJockey, Apr 26, 2012, 12:24:49 AM

Author
New Prometheus Featurette! (New Clips/Short Interviews) (Read 41,318 times)

escroto

Quote from: PHANTOM on Apr 26, 2012, 05:38:03 AMDef diggin the scene where David is sitting the Space Jockey chair messing with the controls ;D
"a superior species, no doubt"

Gash

I must admit I never saw the original ringed planet as a gas giant, looks like it has much the same surface as the ALIEN planetoid to me.

SM

We assume it's a gas giant.

Seeing as how LV-426 is so small, it could very well be terrestrial.

The one in Prometheus seems to be more gas giantish.

Terx2

David using Space jockey technology.... Amazing :o

SM

Just on that, the hologram globe of Earth shows Africa, Madagascar and Europe in their current positions.  Does this mean the Jockies visited (assuming they did) relatively recently?

Cvalda

Considering many of those cave paintings depicting them teaching humanity crap are fairly recent, I'd say so.

Terx2

They probably did. On that I wonder how the space jockeys spaceship flies? :-\

SM

With its trigina engines.

Quote from: Cvalda on Apr 26, 2012, 06:41:54 AM
Considering many of those cave paintings depicting them teaching humanity crap are fairly recent, I'd say so.

Oh yeah.  Forgot about that.

Barringer

Quote from: SM on Apr 26, 2012, 06:39:45 AM
Just on that, the hologram globe of Earth shows Africa, Madagascar and Europe in their current positions.  Does this mean the Jockies visited (assuming they did) relatively recently?

I would assume so given the cave paintings and other artifacts depicting them. The continents haven't moved an appreciable amount in human history.

PHANTOM

Quote from: escroto on Apr 26, 2012, 06:11:19 AM
Quote from: PHANTOM on Apr 26, 2012, 05:38:03 AMDef diggin the scene where David is sitting the Space Jockey chair messing with the controls ;D
"a superior species, no doubt"

"a superior species, no doubt" when he walked up and said that line I couldn't help but think...

Barringer

I got the impression with that line that David was being flippant and deprecating toward his human colleagues, rather than commenting on their level of technology.

escroto

Quote from: Barringer on Apr 26, 2012, 06:48:53 AM
I got the impression with that line that David was being flippant and deprecating toward his human colleagues, rather than commenting on their level of technology.
David8 is freakin'out constantly like a kid as soon as they enter Giger's corridors. Not to mention when he reaches the chair chamber. Why does he start messing with the control panel? lol

The rest of the crew behaves just as common sense demands in such kind of situation, cautiously excited...

Snowdog

Guy Pierce on the spaceship set ;D This may not mean anything but would love to see him have a bigger role than they originally said he would have.

Prime113

Yes! I agree with you, Snowdog. I hope he has a rather large role.

Gosh. I'm so psyched right now.

Snowdog

Pure speculation here but i can't help to think this thing is a space jockey cryotube and david woke the demon (jockey) inside of it by playing around with the controls.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed