Weakest Predator?

Started by Cougerboy, Dec 13, 2022, 12:29:32 AM

Author
Weakest Predator? (Read 2,824 times)

Cougerboy

Cougerboy

We have gotten various versions of the strongest/most skilled predator threads on here over the years, but I am curious, if we flip the question around, who is the weakest predator/easiest to beat for the humans? And we'll stick to the Predators featured in the films for now and ignore for the time being, the expanded universe Predators in the comics and games.

littlesprout

littlesprout

I would say feral since he couldn't handle a primitive Native American.
My list however from weakest to strongest based on what we've seen on screen:

1) Feral
2) Chopper (Got cheap shotted so idk)
3) Fugitive
4) Upgrade (The Predator)
5) Celtic
6) Tracker
7) Falconer
8) Classic (Predators)
9) City Hunter
10) Berserker
11) Jungle Hunter
12) Scar
13) Wolf

If we had to include the video games/comics I still have a soft spot for the Predator from AvP 2010 he did some damage.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

From strongest to weakest. I did not bother factoring in the AVP Predators but most would fall just above 2 (If taken at pure face value) or (If considering the neutered depictions of their Prey.) 1.

6: Feral (Takes tons of damage from being stabbed repeatedly with various weaponry types, stabbed through the chest with his own spear, getting shot in the back of the head and continuing on the hunt regardless, losing a mandible and an arm and not stopping until eventually brained with a large spear, greater height and mass than the average Predator, most impressive feat of strength on-screen with the bear fight.)

5: Upgrade (Takes a ludicrous amount of damage, height and mass give him the ability to perform greater feats of strength than other Predators.)

4: City Hunter/Berserker Predator (Both take shrapnel and several blows to the chest and torso and walk away from it, but are undone by being brutalised with their own weaponry funnily enough both losing their left arm just like Feral.)

3: Fugitive (Survives a great deal of punishment, shows several exceptional feats of strength, and even on death's door survives although briefly until decapitated.)

2: Jungle Hunter/Classic Predator (Easily has one of the best of the best of the world's elite warriors by the throat literally, obviously skilled, but not that durable if incredibly strong by Predator standards.)

1: Tracker/Falconer (Both show not all that much to differentiate them from the strength of a particularly fit human being only one instance each, lifting a full grown man with a single hand for one and tossing one with the other, both perish to wounds that would kill a human being and show no instances of any exceptional durability beyond that.)

For clarity, when using slash here, I am giving a slight edge to the first name featured by the number.

Cougerboy

Cougerboy

Interesting some consider Feral to be either the strongest or the weakest. He's certainly a somewhat divisive Predator in this particular category.

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

Wolf
-Constantly relies on his gadgets to escape bad situations he throws himself in
-Preys on unarmed and unsuspecting humans for fun instead of hunting down his objective
-by far the stupidest Predator we've ever seen on screen, by a very large margin too

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Calling Feral the weakest, it is just outright objectively incorrect, the bear fight alone proves that.

Cougerboy

Cougerboy

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Dec 13, 2022, 08:04:12 PMCalling Feral the weakest, it is just outright objectively incorrect, the bear fight alone proves that.

If Feral has the same gear as Jungle Hunter or City Hunter...that would be interesting...

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

Strictly speaking of the films, Falconer. 

littlesprout

littlesprout

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Dec 13, 2022, 08:04:12 PMCalling Feral the weakest, it is just outright objectively incorrect, the bear fight alone proves that.

I think the deal breaker for me was the amount of damage he took and struggle he had from a primitive human race. He was going against muskets, bows and arrows, and spears. That's why he could absorb so much damage because a musket round or an arrow head is nothing compared to a .50 cal round or other modern rounds of today. And I assume the predator skin is thick enough to deflect most of that damage. Will you bleed sure but not enough to penetrate vital organs or areas. But due to the weaponry he was up against he could be more hands on as opposed to predators fighting men with machine guns for instance where it calls for more tactics and use of long distance weaponry.

The bear scene is flat out awesome but if you compare this to the endless amounts of aliens (queen, predalien) or other species that city hunter had in his trophy room, I don't think it makes the bear that much impressive when stacked against those trophies.

Feral also was a totally different style of being super aggressive whereas jungle hunter seemed more methodical, he did take out two different groups of US special forces if you include the chopper crew (and who knows how many guerrilla people).

In all i imagine if a Native American tribe was trying to use their tactics against a team of Navy Seals today. They would just be annihilated. It's incomparable. So, if Jungle Hunter or City Hunter were thrown in Ferals shoes and are forced to fight a primitive race I just see them wiping them out with minimal damage.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

That's not just City Hunter's trophies, but the whole lost tribe collection. 

Also wowzer, did you not read about Vietnam in history?

And a team of Navy Seals today would make Dutch's look like a joke.

They could all "wipe out" their respective Prey, the fun's in playing with food, not in eating it for them.

SiL

SiL

QuoteThe bear scene is flat out awesome but if you compare this to the endless amounts of aliens (queen, predalien) or other species that city hunter had in his trophy room, I don't think it makes the bear that much impressive when stacked against those trophies.
There was one drone. No Queen, no PredAlien.

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: littlesprout on Dec 14, 2022, 02:37:13 PM

I think the deal breaker for me was the amount of damage he took and struggle he had from a primitive human race. He was going against muskets, bows and arrows, and spears. That's why he could absorb so much damage because a musket round or an arrow head is nothing compared to a .50 cal round or other modern rounds of today. And I assume the predator skin is thick enough to deflect most of that damage. Will you bleed sure but not enough to penetrate vital organs or areas. But due to the weaponry he was up against he could be more hands on as opposed to predators fighting men with machine guns for instance where it calls for more tactics and use of long distance weaponry.

The bear scene is flat out awesome but if you compare this to the endless amounts of aliens (queen, predalien) or other species that city hunter had in his trophy room, I don't think it makes the bear that much impressive when stacked against those trophies.

Feral also was a totally different style of being super aggressive whereas jungle hunter seemed more methodical, he did take out two different groups of US special forces if you include the chopper crew (and who knows how many guerrilla people).

In all i imagine if a Native American tribe was trying to use their tactics against a team of Navy Seals today. They would just be annihilated. It's incomparable. So, if Jungle Hunter or City Hunter were thrown in Ferals shoes and are forced to fight a primitive race I just see them wiping them out with minimal damage.

What you smoking cuz I'm boutta use this text wall as a PSA against drugs

Cougerboy

Cougerboy

I do wonder what Feral's clan is like in the modern day era. Presumably they would have upgraded their tech with an updated bio-mask and plasmacaster. Or would they? Would they have kept the "grenades" that finished off those French trappers? Maybe to demonstrate they are the strongest, they might keep some of their old tech?

littlesprout

littlesprout

Either way I still don't think Feral is strong and calling him the strongest is a far far stretch.

And what about Vietnam? They weren't using bow and arrows? They had modern weaponry. They may not have been as militaristically inclined as the US but last time I checked an AK-47 will do significant damage to anyone if the person dwelling it is fighting for their homeland with nothing to lose.

Also Sil I meant the queen and predalien from wolf and scar in the AvP movies like actually killing those aliens and going up against them.

SiL

SiL

Scar killed one Alien in close combat, shot the rest.

I'd say Wolf is the weakest Predator by virtue of never seeing him do anything impressive and only surviving as long as he does by the incompetence of his prey.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed