Aliens the Original Years Vol 4 Omnibus announcement

Started by Russ840, Oct 25, 2021, 07:02:42 AM

Author
Aliens the Original Years Vol 4 Omnibus announcement (Read 12,362 times)

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Engineer on Mar 25, 2023, 10:40:14 PMI just got my copy.
It's missing this:

https://twitter.com/avpgalaxy/status/1303710263754067973?s=46&t=7Hw57af4Vx-8BX46Zoeo0g

Tbf it does say right there that was unpublished.

So far as I'm aware the only previously unreleased stuff in these collections is the conclusion to Crusade.

Engineer

Engineer

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 26, 2023, 06:56:51 AM
Quote from: Engineer on Mar 25, 2023, 10:40:14 PMI just got my copy.
It's missing this:

https://twitter.com/avpgalaxy/status/1303710263754067973?s=46&t=7Hw57af4Vx-8BX46Zoeo0g

Tbf it does say right there that was unpublished.

So far as I'm aware the only previously unreleased stuff in these collections is the conclusion to Crusade.

They included a cover from "Music of the Spears" that was never used... well, a more explicit version of a cover anyway.

Edit:
I went back and double checked. Yea, volume 2 has the original/unrevised versions of a cover from "Music of the Spears" and "Labyrinth," as well as two unused cover arts from a "Music of the Spears" TPB that was never published.

Edit 2:
Volume 1 also included an unused cover art for "Aliens Hive."

Volume 3 included unused cover art for "Aliens: Apocalypse – the destroying angels" issue #3. It also included the original version of a panel from "Aliens: Mondo Pest" (or maybe it was Mondo Heat??) that mistakenly used a facehugger instead of a chest burster.

I didn't see any unused cover arts, or previous versions of panels/covers in the Predator Omnibus or the Aliens Volume 4 book...

My best guess as to why they didn't include the unused isolation cover is that maybe it wasn't something Dark Horse had any sort of ownership over, so Marvel didn't either when they took over the license meaning they weren't permitted to print the artwork.

Now that I'm thinking about it more though, I'm kinda bummed out they didn't include the previously revealed but ultimately unused cover arts from the cancelled "Rising Threat" series... some of those were fantastic!

Jonesy Not Expendable

I picked up my copy today. Hoping we get some word on more Predator/Aliens vs Predator volumes soon.

As a guest, you cannot see attachments. Please login.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed