Alien Anthology Discussion

Started by AVP66, Feb 19, 2009, 04:11:42 PM

Author
Alien Anthology Discussion (Read 357,602 times)

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Jan 18, 2015, 07:26:16 PM
If she was a transexual it was done when she was still an fetus in her mother's womb, as per her parent's preference for a daughter, I suppose.  I don't think it matters at all, except to establish more of the technology available in the world of ALIEN.

I've seen people say that before. But where does that idea come from? A line from the movie? Other supplementary material? I haven't seen Alien in a long time.

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Nah, it's not in the movie.

QuoteLambert: Lambert's Alien Anthology profile adds nothing too much of note, aside from one thing: "Despin Convert at birth [male to female], so far no indication of suppressed traumas related to gender alteration." It seems that in the future parents-to-be can change the sex of their child in-utero. Lambert seems to have been a male for some time in the womb, before her sex was changed. Smells more like a small joke than anything that adds to the overall Alien mythos. The "so far no indication of suppressed traumas related to gender alteration" seems like a gag on Lambert's pretty famous disposition throughout the events of Alien.

https://alienseries.wordpress.com/2012/10/20/nostromo-crew-profiles/

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Thanks for the help. :) I suppose you can take the two bios and put them together. The Alien Legacy lists her as a natural female, because her sex was changed in the womb, so says the Anthology bio. However...I'm sure when they list "natural" they mean she's just not a synthetic

However one thing does stand out. The whole "Despin Convert at birth". That makes it sound like her gender change was after she was born.

Spidey3121

Spidey3121

Saw the Alien Anthology Blu Ray was on Amazon for $25. Just ordered it! I've had the Quadrilogy for years, but only recently (Christmas) acquired a Blu Ray player. I'm pumped :D

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

You should be!   :D  Congratulations.

CrimzonNinja

CrimzonNinja

i saw the alien anthology at walmart for $40 about 2 years ago :) so happy i bought it  ;D so much to watch!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed