Alien Anthology Discussion

Started by AVP66, Feb 19, 2009, 04:11:42 PM

Author
Alien Anthology Discussion (Read 358,844 times)

Dachande

If you need a BR player Hicks, Blockbuster are doing one for £199.99 with 6 films, i think. If you want more info PM me.

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 20, 2009, 06:45:43 PM
I doubt that'll ever happen.
That's probably true, but if they are really working on it right now and its scheduled for a late 2009 release that gives them enough time to for remastering, i doubt it is taking them so long for developing new special features because there isn't much to talk about since the old special editions which covered every single aspect, from pre to post production.
So whats taking them so long if not remastering? Take Blade Runner for example, looks brand new on Blu-Ray, easily one of the best i own with a 27 year old movie.

I know some people could say now "Well, its FOX were talking about here" and they are right about that, but take a look at some of their titles which are very nice looking.

Romancing the Stone for example or even Planet of the Apes which is 40 years old now.

One can hope.

Vulhala

Theres always room for improvement picture wise. Except for Alien. The picture from the DC in the Quadrilogy was about as good as I think we'll get that  ;D

Corporal Hicks

Johnny, it's not Fox I'm doubting. The reason it hasn't been remastered as of yet, if I remember correctly, is due to the type of film it was shot on.

DoomRulz

Quote from: AVP66 on Feb 20, 2009, 05:34:12 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 20, 2009, 05:14:03 AM
Hm. I don't care for Resurrection, but if released all together...

Well I'm going to assume that Alien 3 and Alien R will have the best Blu-Ray transfers as they are the most recent films although I could be wrong.

Wouldn't surprise me since Predator came out roughly the same time Aliens did so similar camera quality might equal same picture quality on Blu-Ray.

Keyes

I think I read that HD masters were made at the time they did the Quadrilogy? So I guess they would use those rather than do it all over again.

Cellien

Fox's Blu-Rays of old releases aren't the greatest around.  I hope they put some effort into this release and do some hefty fbf remastering.  We'll see.

DoomRulz

Quote from: DazAvP85 on Feb 20, 2009, 10:17:27 PM
I think I read that HD masters were made at the time they did the Quadrilogy? So I guess they would use those rather than do it all over again.

HD master...is that just an upgraded version of the standard film reel?

Kimarhi

So are they doing a trilogy release and then the quad or was it misinterpreted by the guy before the news got over here.

One thing or two things?

DoomRulz

The quad news came second. At first it was just going to be the first three, but now all 4 are being released.

EEV2650

At first i thought it was kind of funny how they were ignoring A:R for a blu-ray release. Then i was kind of sad for it.

Vulhala

Quote from: EEV2650 on Feb 21, 2009, 07:37:27 AM
At first i thought it was kind of funny how they were ignoring A:R for a blu-ray release. Then i was kind of sad for it.

Felt the same. Like the movie or not, it's still a part of the series, and although I had tons of problems with it, it is still a watchable movie. As long as you don't take it too seriously.

Kimarhi

Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 21, 2009, 07:13:21 AM
The quad news came second. At first it was just going to be the first three, but now all 4 are being released.

So its the same set with the same features, the guy just called it the alien trilogy?

DoomRulz

Well he's not calling it a trilogy anymore since all 4 movies are being released.

Kimarhi

I feel you now home dog.

The way it was originally worded seemed like there was going to be two sets of different blu ray disc.

Kind of like the two seperate things of dvd's you can get.  The Alien Trilogy, and the Alien Quad.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed