Why is Jesus White?

Started by B-Rad G, Sep 16, 2008, 11:54:13 PM

Author
Why is Jesus White? (Read 6,923 times)

Nobody

Nobody

Quote from: gameoverman on Sep 18, 2008, 02:36:47 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 18, 2008, 01:03:21 AM
Yet every culture, or rather more importantly religion, portrays him as Caucasian.

In some artwork, he may look caucausian, but that doesn't mean he is. 

There is no official canon as to what he looks like.  Bearded, robed guy maybe - but that description could fit many different kinds of people.

He's just a fictional creation, that has no real defined image besides a popular cultural depiction.
Did you just use the word 'canon' do describe Jesus's race?

SiL

SiL

Yes. The word has been used to refer to religion far, far longer than fans have been using it for their favourite series.

Nobody

Nobody

Quote from: SiL on Sep 18, 2008, 09:38:25 PM
Yes. The word has been used to refer to religion far, far longer than fans have been using it for their favourite series.
I've never heard it used in religion until this day  ???

SiL

SiL

Well now you know.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

I believe Jesus was real, but not divine or anything and I don't think he should have had as big an impact as he did.

Aren't there artifact sculptures of what Herod looked like? I imagine he was of a similar race.

gameoverman

gameoverman

Quote from: Tyber Zann on Sep 18, 2008, 09:39:28 PM
Quote from: SiL on Sep 18, 2008, 09:38:25 PM
I've never heard it used in religion until this day  ???

Lol, they've fought wars over religious canonicity.

QuoteI believe Jesus was real, but not divine or anything and I don't think he should have had as big an impact as he did.

You do realise there were probably alot of prophets and other kooks getting crucified back then?..

SM

SM

Crucifixion's a doddle.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Yep. Lots of people were Crucified. That was the method of execution.
In 1000 years, people will say that the true messiah died in an electric chair for the sins of mankind.

I said I believed he existed, I just don't think he was special. In any way.

SM

SM

That won't stop gameoverman telling you you're wrong though...  ;)

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

To be honest, I don't care if he existed, or if somebody believes he did or didn't, or if somebody believes he was a superhero. I happen to think he existed but was blown out of proportion, and if you want to counter that, fine, do so. I don't care.

Predboy

Predboy

Yeah, no matter how much people want to deny it, people always exaggerate things and sometimes turn something completly into something else. For all we know Jesus could have been nothing like what people describe him.

gameoverman

gameoverman

Quote from: Alienseseses on Sep 19, 2008, 12:24:56 AM
Yep. Lots of people were Crucified. That was the method of execution.
In 1000 years, people will say that the true messiah died in an electric chair for the sins of mankind.

We keep much better records than they did back then.

QuoteI said I believed he existed, I just don't think he was special. In any way.

Then what's the point in believing he existed?

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Obviously, the whole thing started somewhere. For all I know, everything about him is false. But I think the stories are based on something.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

All this talk of Jesus makes me think back to his cameo in the Family Guy movie :D Anyone else see that?

Undeadite

Undeadite

Yes, unfortunately. I dont know why I bought that.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed