Official facebook and twitter page (official logo revealed as well)

Started by JaaayDee, Jul 20, 2011, 09:24:56 PM

Author
Official facebook and twitter page (official logo revealed as well) (Read 14,306 times)

Darkoo

predxeno

So we've confirmed that these pages are official?

JaaayDee

Now I'm wondering why they're launching these facebook pages so early if we're not getting any trailer for a long time...

predxeno

You're not the only one wondering that.

nendo

I wouldn't call this early tbh. They have already shown footage of the new film and discussed it at some convensions. Now i doubt the general public will see any form of footage any time soon but that dosen't stop them from starting the viral marketing campaign now

JaaayDee

It would be great if we got a viral campaign now, but we've yet to see that happen.

PrometheusMovie2012

BRILLIANT...
We post loads of AvPGalaxy Link..send massive amount of traffic to this website..and we get ignored from the list of Fan Pages.
PLEASE PUT US ON YOUR LIST ABOVE..
http://www.facebook.com/PrometheusMovie2012

Corporal Hicks

It's not a fan list dude, they're official Fox run pages. We'll add you to our links page though.

Berserker Pred

I cannot wait for this film  :)

cmc

Quote from: PrometheusMovie2012 on Jul 27, 2011, 08:18:13 PM
BRILLIANT...
We post loads of AvPGalaxy Link..send massive amount of traffic to this website..and we get ignored from the list of Fan Pages.
lol

ThisBethesdaSea

Quote from: PrometheusMovie2012 on Jul 27, 2011, 08:18:13 PM
BRILLIANT...

And you block people who ask you why you make the same posts over and over and over every day. Not cool.

JaaayDee

JaaayDee

I also noticed that if you try to go to prometheusmovie.co.uk it redirects to the Fox homepage.  Maybe that means it's launching soon?

And here's another fabricated post, courtesy of IMDB:
QuoteOfficial Update For IMDB    
by Twentieth-Century-Fox 27 minutes ago (Thu Jul 28 2011 13:35:12)    

We have decided to break the news here first and let the Internet Movie Database fans of Prometheus have exclusive news before anywhere else on the internet.

We will be launching www.prometheus-movie.co.uk on August 5th 2011 and will feature the footage we debuted at San Diego Comic Con as well as exciting first look pictures and character biographies starting with Raymond Haig.

Visionary filmmaker Ridley Scott returns to the genre he helped define, creating an original science fiction epic set in the most dangerous corners of the universe. The film takes a team of scientists and explorers on a thrilling journey that will test their physical and mental limits and strand them on a distant world, where they will discover the answers to our most profound questions and to life's ultimate mystery.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: JaaayDee on Jul 28, 2011, 08:56:02 PM
I also noticed that if you try to go to prometheusmovie.co.uk it redirects to the Fox homepage.  Maybe that means it's launching soon?

I wouldn't expect so. There's been a few Prometheus domains registered for some time.

JaaayDee

But if you tried to enter in those demains were they redirecting to the fox page as well?

I believe there was one site, prometheusmovie.com, but it's been removed now.

ikarop

Quote from: JaaayDee on Jul 28, 2011, 09:08:35 PM
But if you tried to enter in those demains were they redirecting to the fox page as well?

I believe there was one site, prometheusmovie.com, but it's been removed now.

That one never redirected to Fox's site and registration hasn't expired yet. IIRC the .co.uk domain was being used by a fan-site until recently. Most likely Fox claimed it and since the domain was already getting traffic redirected it to their site. I'm sure both domains are going to be used in the future.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed