Mad Max: Fury Road

Started by nukem11, Oct 22, 2007, 06:48:31 PM

Author
Mad Max: Fury Road (Read 146,894 times)

gameoverman

gameoverman

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Oct 26, 2007, 03:39:47 AM
I don't get the Thunderdome hate either.  Okay, so 1 and 2 are better, but I still loves me some 'two-men-enter-one-man-leaves' stuff.

"Embargo on!"

A lot of the same reasons people hate AVP.  It was reduced down to a kid's movie and it ignored the style of the first two movies.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Yep, a kids movie with murder, vehicular violence, pigshit, retard-killing, and swearing.

Only reason people call it a kids movies is because there are kids in it.  Which makes, like...zero sense.

SM

SM

Kids are only ZOMG KEWL when they hurl metal boomerangs...  ::)

"Ignored the style" pfft.  It's a natural progression from Mad Max 2.

"This MY vehicle! YOU pedestrian!"

nukem11

nukem11

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Oct 26, 2007, 04:02:00 AM
Yep, a kids movie with murder, vehicular violence, pigshit, retard-killing, and swearing.

Only reason people call it a kids movies is because there are kids in it.  Which makes, like...zero sense.

Yep, its a 15 as well isnt it.

gameoverman

gameoverman

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Oct 26, 2007, 04:02:00 AM

Lots of kid movies have murder, violence, etc.   :P

But the fact is that Beyond Thunderdome was rated PG-13 in the US, while the previous two were rated R.  BT was obviously made to appeal to a wider market.  But it did not satisfy many of the fans of the first two movies.

fluxcap

fluxcap

I haven't seen Thunderdome since I was in my early teens. My thought is that people think it meager cause its not necessarily the best type of movie to follow up Road Warrior. From what I remember it was too slapsticky and Indiana Jones-ish compared to the darker first two films. I thought it was alright, but I distance it from the first two.

SM

SM

I don't think anyone thinks it's better than the first two flicks, but that doesn't in any way make it bad film.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I wounder who is going to be then new 'Mad' Max Rockatansky?

alien ravager

alien ravager

here is some information i found.After several false starts, one major budget blowout and a thrillion chuckles, George Miller's "Mad Max 4 : Fury Road" is finally juiced and ready to go. Its production quarters re-opened at Fox Studios in Sydney this week.

ace3g

First Blood

First Blood

What...the f**k. I hope to Christ, Max isn't driving that thing.

Effectz

Effectz

Quote from: First Blood on Mar 02, 2012, 10:36:03 PM
What...the f**k. I hope to Christ, Max isn't driving that thing.

I highly doubt it,only one car for Mad Max and thats the Ford Falcon XB Coupe, V8

Hubbs

Hubbs

Looks as crap as the tumbler hehe

x2SMONEY

x2SMONEY

Quote from: Hubbs on Mar 03, 2012, 04:57:46 AM
Looks as crap as the tumbler hehe
gtf...oh screw it I don't even care anymore

As for Thunderdome, it sucked. Im sorry, but it was slapsticky, Indiana Jonesy, cartoony, cheesy, just overall awful. And it really wasn't a natural progression from the first two. They should have kept with the vehicular car chase/gunfights and the raw, brutal style of the first two. They weren't masterpeices, but they were damn good action movies. The third one was,well, boring.

SM

SM

Gunfights?  Mad Max had two car chases.  One at the start and one at the end, and not a great deal of action in between.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed