Could Alien V work with Amanda Ripley and Zula Hendricks?

Started by DiabloGuapo, Aug 26, 2021, 09:01:01 PM

Author
Could Alien V work with Amanda Ripley and Zula Hendricks? (Read 11,728 times)

irn

Quote from: DiabloGuapo on Aug 26, 2021, 09:01:01 PM
I seem to be one of those rare Alien 3 fans. I find the bleak tone of the film fits with the universe of the Alien franchise and that Ellen Ripley's sacrifice was the best way to end her story. But I still want more "Alien" films, and not just the Ridley Scott prequels. Seeing the concept art of Neil Blomkamp's Alien V, I wonder if it could still work but have it be a midquel instead of being a sequel that erases Alien 3. Instead of Ripley and Hicks, could Amanda Ripley and Zula Hendricks work as the leads?

I'd prefer they branched out away from the Ripley story arc and had it be the child of someone else from Alien or Aliens rather than Amanda Ripley. Like they could presumably use Blomkamp's story, which looked interesting from the concept art, but have say Dallas or Parker's now much older daughter team up with Hick's father to take on The Company and find answers instead of Ripley and Hicks.

BlueMarsalis79

Child of no one thank you.

Stitch

Quote from: Trash Queen on Oct 09, 2021, 05:22:25 PM
Child of no one thank you.
Not sure how that works. Unless you're meaning a synthetic?

BlueMarsalis79

I mean I do not want lineages involved.

irn

Quote from: Trash Queen on Oct 09, 2021, 06:34:45 PM

That would be preferable. Keeping every story revolving around the same people/families just makes the universe feel very small.

Rankles75

SiL

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Oct 09, 2021, 01:58:19 PM
But once you secure Sigourney Weaver's return because you feel you need her, you're boxed into a dumb idea. Painted into a corner. There's no way around it. That bad idea has to be your launching point... resurrecting the dead in someway.
Ripley was a symptom, not the disease. Rsurrecting the dead was the idea before they got Weaver on board - and it came from the top, not the writer. You can't blame Ripley for the producer falling in love with a dumb concept and finding any way he could to make it work.

Quote from: Trash Queen on Oct 09, 2021, 06:34:45 PM
This is the right answer.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Indeed. Now that would be horrible! Kinda like...

Spoiler
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed