Marvel’s Aliens the Original Years Omnibus Vol 3

Started by Russ840, Jun 17, 2021, 05:52:37 PM

Author
Marvel’s Aliens the Original Years Omnibus Vol 3 (Read 14,655 times)

Some Old Dude

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 09, 2021, 09:22:08 AM
Quote from: Some Old Dude on Aug 09, 2021, 09:20:52 AM
I've begun reading my Vol. 1 omnibus, it's nice to read the original Verheiden run in colour this time. I hope it stays consistent in keeping the characters named Hicks and Newt, not that Billie and Wilks bother me, I just prefer the consistency.

If I remember rightly, Dark Horse's recent soft cover re-issue also had the coloured version with the original names.

Nice! I have the OG Dark Horse omnibus paperbacks too. It just so happens I never got around to re-reading it all until now.

Gemini

I was hoping that the releases of these new omnibuses might lead people to offload their old Dark  Horse omnibuses (the small compact versions) however that doesn't seem to be the case.
I got Vol 1 of the Dark Horse series a couple of years back. It must have just have been at the tail end them going out of print, as I've struggled to get the rest of them since. I know it's weird but as I started that series I kind of wanted to continue with it.
Guess i should just bite the bullet and save the pennies for these new ones and they seem pretty cool and comprehensive.

Wweyland

Quote from: Gemini on Aug 21, 2021, 03:17:41 PM
I was hoping that the releases of these new omnibuses might lead people to offload their old Dark  Horse omnibuses (the small compact versions) however that doesn't seem to be the case.
I got Vol 1 of the Dark Horse series a couple of years back. It must have just have been at the tail end them going out of print, as I've struggled to get the rest of them since. I know it's weird but as I started that series I kind of wanted to continue with it.
Guess i should just bite the bullet and save the pennies for these new ones and they seem pretty cool and comprehensive.
I have all the DH Omnibuses but I will probably replace them all eventually.
Apart from looking ugly and small, they break apart easily.
They are also missing some essential comics but so will other collected releases.

Gemini

Quote from: Wweyland on Aug 21, 2021, 06:09:27 PM
I have all the DH Omnibuses but I will probably replace them all eventually.
Apart from looking ugly and small, they break apart easily.
They are also missing some essential comics but so will other collected releases.
Yeah they are small which isn't the best way to take in a visual medium like comics. Having said that the compact size could be a plus for some who may lack shelf space!
The new ones aren't cheap but I guess I'd have spent about the same amount if I try to complete the dark horse set, seeing as we're now talking second hand prices. You're probably right that these new ones are now the ones to go for

Corporal Hicks

They're not cheap, but I did the maths a while ago, and you're generally paying less than the going rate of all the individual stories inside it.

HuDaFuK

Plus some, like the Kenner comics and Countdown, will prove really hard to track down outside these new collections.

m-3po

Quote from: Gemini on Aug 21, 2021, 03:17:41 PM

I plan on offloading mine, but only when I have all the stories in the Dark Horse ones within the new collections.

SiL

I'll also probably offload mine.

Some Old Dude

I'll offload all my trades. I have a hardcover collection with Salvation and two other stories that has an awesome Mike Mignola drawn cover I'll keep though.

VincentVegaFFF

Looks like this was pushed back again to July 19th 2022.

Adamantiumhip

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 02, 2021, 08:23:06 AM
Yeah, it's something I've said several times - the controversy over volume one's cover aside, I feel like marvel have smashed it with these collections.

I was really happy the jncluded stuff like the figure mini comics. I would love it if they also did the operation aliens trading cards as you said, i never managed to complete mine

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Adamantiumhip on Mar 20, 2022, 10:09:48 PMI would love it if they also did the operation aliens trading cards as you said, i never managed to complete mine

As far as I can tell, that's about the only thing they've missed with these. Maybe because it was technically in an AVP card set they might be holding it back for the eventual AVP collection(s).

Adamantiumhip

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 21, 2022, 10:36:32 AM
Quote from: Adamantiumhip on Mar 20, 2022, 10:09:48 PMI would love it if they also did the operation aliens trading cards as you said, i never managed to complete mine

As far as I can tell, that's about the only thing they've missed with these. Maybe because it was technically in an AVP card set they might be holding it back for the eventual AVP collection(s).

I hope they do avp

HuDaFuK

I'd be very surprised if they don't, but I assume they're getting Alien and Predator out of the way individually first.

Some Old Dude

Quote from: VincentVegaFFF on Mar 10, 2022, 02:31:47 PM
Looks like this was pushed back again to July 19th 2022.

I'm equal parts annoyed, equally relieved, there's like 5 omnis I was wanting to get in April and March, so one of them bumping to July helps my wallet out.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed