New Predator Film "Skulls" to be distributed through Hulu per Thomas Bros lawyer

Started by Voodoo Magic, Jun 11, 2021, 03:16:07 AM

Author
New Predator Film "Skulls" to be distributed through Hulu per Thomas Bros lawyer (Read 28,666 times)

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

New Predator Film "Skulls" to be distributed through Hulu, according to Thomas Bros. legal counsel
https://www.avpgalaxy.net/2021/06/11/new-predator-film-skulls-to-be-distributed-through-hulu-according-to-thomas-bros-legal-counsel/

Enjoy

Too many streaming apps. Would be nice to simplify and package the apps on one bill.gonna buy hulu now. M.O.D.O.K looks fun on hulu. Glad skulls will be out ..

XENOMORPHOSIS

Nukiemorph

Sad.

I hope the days of seeing Alien movies in theaters aren't over.

Xiggz456

I wonder if it will be theatrical and on Hulu. Currently Hulu (stateside) has P1, P2 and Predators. With HBO Max having the 2 AVP's.

Also on a barely related note: Twentieth Century sold Netflix the distribution rights to "The Woman in the Window" which gives me a sliver of hope that the two companies can come to an agreement regarding the AVP anime.

Dingbat

So I can't see it then, I'm assuming they'll rent the rights to other people for international distribution

seattle24

Quote from: Nukiemorph on Jun 11, 2021, 10:10:15 AM
Sad.

Things have moved on. TV is way more interesting.

SiL

Quote from: Dingbat on Jun 11, 2021, 11:43:02 AM
So I can't see it then, I'm assuming they'll rent the rights to other people for international distribution
They have multiple international distribution channels. In Australia for example it would likely be theatrical or Star.

Doomofman

What's the actual context of this quote? Are we sure they were talking about initial release? Could be they just meant it will eventually end up on Hulu for streaming in the US post theatrical release

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Nukiemorph on Jun 11, 2021, 10:10:15 AM
Sad.

When Disney acquired Fox, I was always in the assumption camp that Hulu or streaming in general would be the next logical step for Alien & Predator films and/or series, considering their b-movie nature, their last disappointing theatrical entries and an aging core fanbase less likely to leave the comfort of their own living room (even though I would miss the theatrical experience.)  :'(

Quote from: Doomofman on Jun 11, 2021, 01:50:01 PM
What's the actual context of this quote? Are we sure they were talking about initial release? Could be they just meant it will eventually end up on Hulu for streaming in the US post theatrical release

Marc Toberoff, in regards to a wide spanning jurisdiction, indicated Fox/20th Century Studios has only one Plaintiff, but the Thomas Brothers has more defendants than 20th Century especially Disney, because Skulls is going to be distributed by Hulu which is owned by Disney and used to be Fox owned.

Maybe it was learned by him through discovery? Maybe he's somehow misinformed (even though court requires accuracy) and it just wasn't challenged? I don't know but it's definitely what he said.

Kailem

Not entirely surprising, but still a little disappointing. I'd imagine it'll be on the Star section of Disney+ internationally, since Hulu doesn't exist outside of the States as far as I know.

Voodoo Magic

Will Smith in Bright. Sandra Bullock in Bird Box. Martin Scorsese's The Irishman with De Niro, Pacino and Pesci.

What other big primarily streaming-only movies are out there?

Mike’s Monsters

My initial thoughts here are that it's still too early to say if it will be a streaming only movie, or have some type of hybrid release. The movie JUST started filming and we know little to nothing yet.

While the court case could have specific verbiage, it might still change over time. I won't be surprised if we see a hybrid release, or POV same day release (like there's been for many years now), or maybe it does theatrical for a small limited window in Los Angeles and New York, to then a wider small week or two long release like many movie do, to then go to streaming.

My thing is it's too early to call right now, and I bet verbiage is still being worded out on how this is going to be released, as it's still not even made yet.

Voodoo, in regards to all but Bright, they all had short, limited theatrical runs for a few weeks. The movie "Upgrade" was a good example of that. Had a longer run than the other two, but I saw it in theaters, enjoyed it enough to then go home and watch it with my brother the same night on POV. Could maybe play out in that case. I'm also being optimistic, as I'd like this to be a theatrical experience. So I'm gonna wait until an official announcement is made to react to this news.

XENOMORPHOSIS

Though not ranking in super hero movie money, if executed well Alien and Predator content could still do good business theatrically, such as shame all that potential is being wasted.

Enjoy

I think this is the only way to keep pumping out stories at a steady rate.  Shows are much better quality then a lot of movies these days.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed