Marvel's First Alien Series Announced!

Started by Kailem, Dec 07, 2020, 07:22:32 PM

Author
Marvel's First Alien Series Announced! (Read 273,508 times)

Voodoo Magic

In all fairness generally, Johnson probably has little-to-no say which artist is serving the book. He may not even be a huge fan of Larroca's style either, and it even could be a source of frustration for him, but he certainly wouldn't be able to publicly talk about it.

Engineer

While all of that is true, I doubt he's required to publicly defend it either. He'd be better off just staying silent about it imo.

Bughuntwilson

Quote from: Engineer on Jan 24, 2022, 02:48:45 PM
While all of that is true, I doubt he's required to publicly defend it either. He'd be better off just staying silent about it imo.
Considering he praise larocca on him able to draw the xenomorph over and over again without any flaws he proably actually likes it

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 24, 2022, 02:09:24 PMHe may not even be a huge fan of Larroca's style either, and it even could be a source of frustration for him, but he certainly wouldn't be able to publicly talk about it.

While that's absolutely true, it doesn't defend him getting shirty with anyone who dares to criticise it. There are far more diplomatic ways to deal with criticism.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 25, 2022, 09:23:39 AM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 24, 2022, 02:09:24 PMHe may not even be a huge fan of Larroca's style either, and it even could be a source of frustration for him, but he certainly wouldn't be able to publicly talk about it.

While that's absolutely true, it doesn't defend him getting shirty with anyone who dares to criticise it. There are far more diplomatic ways to deal with criticism.

Agreed. Now sometimes I do hear someone say "All I did was ask a perfectly fine question and he went off!".... and then I go read the question myself and surmise that it was really asked in a rude manner. But either way, I don't think anyone in his position should be short with the public, even if it is in response to a rude post. Just kill them with kindness I always say.

judge death

Saw this today:

Engineer

I believe that one came out a while ago. Right when marvel took the license.

Corporal Hicks

That's one of the celebration covers they did.  :)

Voodoo Magic

I was pretty hyped back then.

Bughuntwilson

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 31, 2022, 12:58:29 PM
I was pretty hyped back then.
[/quote
And what you think of the marvel alien comics now?

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Bughuntwilson on Jan 31, 2022, 01:58:39 PM
And what you think of the marvel alien comics now?

Disappointing. I was so stoked for the first ongoing Alien (and Predator) comic series. I had visions in my head of achieving a 50 issue run. Could you imagine reaching 100 issues? But alas, severely disappointed so far in art & writing and I don't think it will ultimately last.

HuDaFuK

What amazes me most is the sheer number of people on social media going mad for the art.

Even if you aren't aware that it's predominantly traced toys, the Alien frequently looks like its not even an organic part of the scene it's in, like it's been drawn on an acetate and then awkwardly plonked on top of the background. It looks like a shit cut-and-paste job.

Bughuntwilson

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 01, 2022, 10:16:55 AM
What amazes me most is the sheer number of people on social media going mad for the art.

Even if you aren't aware that it's predominantly traced toys, the Alien frequently looks like its not even an organic part of the scene it's in, like it's been drawn on an acetate and then awkwardly plonked on top of the background. It looks like a shit cut-and-paste job.
Becuase Morden day marvel is a lifestyle brand they think its a cool thing to do even if they dont really mean it

Nightmare Asylum

I can speak to that - I've genuinely come across people, in real life, purchasing this particular Alien run that never once touched any Alien comics in the past, as if it being Marvel somehow legitimizes it over what came before.

BlueMarsalis79

It's moronic.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed