Alien FX Show Weta Leak

Started by anibo, Jan 23, 2022, 11:03:37 PM

Author
Alien FX Show Weta Leak (Read 23,089 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I wont report on "leaks" unless our sources can verify or I'm confident in it. I wasn't here and there we go! Just glad it didn't go in too long and someone reached out to him.

Kradan

Kradan

Nah, they're deceiving us. Watch this design show up when the series comes out

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 27, 2022, 06:14:45 PM
I wont report on "leaks" unless our sources can verify or I'm confident in it. We're not Sci-fied! Just glad it didn't go in too long and someone reached out to him.

FTFY

Has the OP been shown to the airlock?

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: anibo on Jan 23, 2022, 11:03:37 PM
Hey guys,

I'm a new part of the community and got my hands on some quite exciting news.

Someone I know very well works as a VFX Artist at Weta. They are currently in the early stages of pre-production, as the script is still being revised.

Weta Digital and Weta Workshops are currently creating concept designs and sculptures/maquettes to give Noah Hawley and the producers some visual responses for the world-building.
Apparently, there are several alternatives to the classic Xenomorph design. They are playing with alternative ideas on the classic alien lifecycle, which is more "human-like" but still body horror. The overall theme explores the question of gender and identity, this reflects on some of the new designs.

This is what he showed me, thanks to working from home :D Let me know what you think

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Here's the Instagram of the guy that did do the piece. You can see it in a more finished state here:

The guy is a professional artist (he did work on the suit in the upcoming Moon Knight series), which definitely explains the level of technical quality present in the design (regardless of whether the design actually works for you or not). This must have been something he was doing for fun on the side, and an early version fell into the wrong hands (maybe one of his followers nicked it somehow?) because someone wanted to have some fun with it online.

Kradan

Kradan

Very heavy Covenant's Alien influence

tralaritralara

tralaritralara

We got lol'd

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

At least my initial analyses was correct:

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jan 24, 2022, 11:52:04 AM
Looks like a ZBrush sculpt to me. Done by a technically proficient artist.

WIP:

razeak

razeak

I'm very glad this is fake.  It would fit in theme, but if it was the only design in a series.....ugh.

It's excellent in a vacuum though.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

RabidNinja

RabidNinja

Naturally, I'm not 100% sure on whether "updating" the original design is something to be concerned about, especially adding an subtle gender-orientated feature like feminine lips (especially in today's day and age) especially since Ridley himself stated their nongendered, but i'll leave that at the door.

The original design is fearsome in it's own right, further enhanced by Aliens and the introduction of the Xeno Queen (and the obvious non-canon Kenner toyline and comic variants, xeno prime, etc); If they can explain the changes via genetic manipulation, or how the xeno can acclimatise to it's surroundings based purely on instinct and survival in semi-fashionable Giger style, then awesome! I can imagine WY pulling a vault-tec style experiment and raising a xeno embryo in a human male/female dominated enclosure to see how it evolves to it's environment with minimal danger present.

Billiken

Billiken

Don't like the humanoid mouth 👄. It's off putting . Rest of it is good

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jan 27, 2022, 06:22:56 PM

That was deliberate.  :P and lasted a whole day.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed