Neil Blomkamp Has "Moved On" From Alien 5

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jan 02, 2018, 10:23:48 PM

Author
Neil Blomkamp Has "Moved On" From Alien 5 (Read 86,744 times)

SM

SM

QuoteI'm sorry, but I haven't seen you do anything to change the narrative.

You've not been around here very long.

My comment wasn't aimed at you by the way.  It was just a general observation I've had for some time, and your use of 'stagnant' was an apt description.

D88M

i am sorry for Neil that he cant make his movie, but honestly everything about sounds like bad fan fiction A:R style, i am glad he will never get to make it

monkeylove

Just make one more movie for the prequels to bridge to the first Alien movie (i.e., if the prequels are not meant to reboot the entire franchise), then Alien 5 following the fourth one to complete the series.

JungleHunter87

QuoteCameron made the most successful sequel to ALIEN by revisting it, pretty much plot point for plot point, redressed as a war film. It's reasonable to say that expectations on what an Alien film succeeds at is repackaging a similar structure and plot. That's the Aliens legacy.

No, it really isn't. That's just how you stubbornly choose to portray it.

QuoteSpace colonisation wasn't established in Aliens, refinery ships chugging back and forth across the universe infer that from the off.

Yes it did, prior to that, did you hear talk in the first film of an emergency stop at a nearby colony? No, you didn't. That's because nothing was said in regards to space colonization. I can infer allot, but it doesn't make it canon. It's all just fan speculation at that point.

QuoteColonial marine corps? big deal - mid 80s post Vietnam sensibilities, Queen alien - just up the big bad element. It broadens the story very little if at all.

Look I get it. You hate ALIENS and Cameron. That's cool and all, but the fact that you feel the need to interject this opinion every time someone else mentions they like it is tiresome. If you're doing it because you get annoyed, with all these other people doing the polar opposite with ALIEN? Then you're doing your cause no favors by stooping to the same level.

QuoteWho says the Engineers are gone? The black goo certainly hasn't. It was an important element in Covenant with more than one scene devoted to what it was all about - one, the deployment, the other David's explanation of the work he did utilising the pathogen. It's only bad storytelling to someone who's not paying attention to the story that's being told.

Well the whole point at the end of Prometheus was to get to their home world called paradise. As soon as David arrives at Paradise. He kills all the Engineers . This was shown in the film. I guess you weren't paying attention. As for the black goo? It most certainly is gone. Tell me where you saw any in the film? Aside from the death of the engineers. There isn't any. All David says in regards to it, is that he used the time he had by himself. To create a symphony. Basically by running experiments with the fallout of his attack on the engineers. But, I wasn't paying attention. So I guess, I'm wrong and it's all genius writing to do away with everything you built in the first film.

QuoteYou've not been around here very long.

You precede me on these boards by three years. I just don't post as much as you do. However, you've not embodied or attempted to embody the change you seek.

My comment wasn't aimed at you by the way.  It was just a general observation I've had for some time, and your use of 'stagnant' was an apt description

I understand it wasn't directed at me. But, I cannot help but see the hypocrisy of such a statement. When you partake in the very same behavior you claim to detest.

SM

SM

I generally try to discuss points of fact, rather than debating opinions.  I will question why people hold a certain opinion out of curiousity, rather than simply saying they're wrong.  I would like to see more Ridley movies and am interested in what Blomkamp might've done - but I don't take issue if people take an opposing stance.

However if you have evidence of my supposed hypocrisy, then I guess I'll have to cop to it.

JungleHunter87

QuoteI generally try to discuss points of fact, rather than debating opinions.  I will question why people hold a certain opinion out of curiousity, rather than simply saying they're wrong.

Don't be so modest. Sometimes all you do is insert mocking sarcasm.

QuoteI would like to see more Ridley movies and am interested in what Blomkamp might've done

Something we can amicably agree on.

Quotebut I don't take issue if people take an opposing stance.

You do if people don't word their opinions in a way you approve of. Then comes the sarcasm and so forth.

QuoteHowever if you have evidence of my supposed hypocrisy, then I guess I'll have to cop to it.

I'm sure if I took the time out of my day to rifle through each and every post I could find a few examples. I don't care too. Nor do I want to spend my spare time doing so just to continue arguing with you.

SM

Then perhaps don't cast nasturtiums.

JungleHunter87

Quote from: SM on Jan 03, 2018, 05:04:32 AM
Then perhaps don't cast nasturtiums.

You're the last person that should be doling out advice on what not to do.

Gash

Quote from: JungleHunter87 on Jan 03, 2018, 04:05:21 AM

Look I get it. You hate ALIENS and Cameron. That's cool and all, but the fact that you feel the need to interject this opinion every time someone else mentions they like it is tiresome.

Rarely do I now bring Aliens up in a topic, but I'll respond if someone brings up the fallacy of how different it was. It really wasn't. If lack of originality is being used as a stick to beat the prequels then I think some obvious things need to be highlighted.

I have in the past been drawn into futile tit for tat over the merits of the film or it's director, but I believe each to their own and I try to remain dispassionate in analysing the flaws or merits in any films that have been around for 30+ years. My personal taste in film will sometimes rear it's ugly head but these days I try to suppress it, I'm not aware of aiming any diatribe towards Cameron in recent months, unless you consider my pointing out that he made the most successful sequel to ALIEN as some sort of slur?

SM

Bloody popular money making sequels...

;D

JungleHunter87

QuoteI'm not aware of aiming any diatribe towards Cameron in recent months, unless you consider my pointing out that he made the most successful sequel to ALIEN as some sort of slur?

Never said you did, nor did I think it was.

I'm curious as to how the close visual design would have been to the earlier films in the series? I've not seen Elysium, was there anything in that film similar too A L I E N or ALIENS?

windebieste

-Windebieste.

Scorpio

Quote from: Gash on Jan 03, 2018, 05:17:49 AM
I'm not aware of aiming any diatribe towards Cameron in recent months, unless you consider my pointing out that he made the most successful sequel to ALIEN as some sort of slur?

The most successful sequel to Alien would be Prometheus, but carry on.

JungleHunter87

0321recon

Blomkamp sent out a tweet mentioning he's moved on from the franchise. Screen rant is reporting on it.

https://screenrant.com/alien-5-neill-blomkamp-cancelled/

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed