Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 831,267 times)

First Blood

First Blood

Alien (1979)

What can be said that hasn't already been said? Since rejoining the site, it got me in the mood to revisit these movies.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Evangelion: 1.0 You Are (Not) Alone

Much of the same as the original show but it's been a while so I don't mind.

Evangelion: 2.0 You Can (Not) Advance

Well... that's a twist.

And so I continue.

Prez

Prez

Troll on Netflix. That was a fun, cliched film.

Kradan

Kradan

I've heard sequel gets even better

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Prez on Dec 08, 2022, 03:08:35 AMTroll on Netflix. That was a fun, cliched film.

Just to clarify this is the 2022 Norwegian film. Not the animated (but very good) kids film or the 80s horror comedy.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Evangelion: 3.0 You Can (Not) Redo and Evangelion: 3.0+1.0 Thrice Upon a Time.

So I enjoyed this but it also took some effort to keep an open mind because of how much I liked Neon Gensis Evangelion/End of Evangelion and how this was a retelling/alternate ending of that, and now I think of how they should coexist in my head, such as as different timelines, continuities, "cycles" or as 2 separate things entirely, but I certainly can't choose which is "better".

More or less though I interpreted the same conclusion and while I could be wrong I sort of feel like this alternate ending is louder and clearer for the people who didn't get it the first time but it's not neccessarily a criticism as I myself do feel it is a "nicer" ending as opposed to being more open to interpretation which has it's own merits too.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (1931)

Satisfying Pre-Code goodness.

First Blood

First Blood

Blade (1998)

The blood rave scene was the coolest shit back in 1998. And it still is.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

People rave about Blade II but honestly I think the first once is so much better.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

It is.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (1941)

Supposedly MGM tried to destroy all copies of the '31 version to avoid any competition, but I suspect they just wanted to hide the fact that they made a lazy, scene-for-scene remake that's horribly watered down, with great actors terribly miscast in their roles. Which is a shame because in specific moments the movie really shines.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 09, 2022, 05:58:17 PMPeople rave about Blade II but honestly I think the first once is so much better.

I'd say they're about on par, with Blade 1 coming in slightly above 2.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I like Blade II slightly more than the first, but both rock and are absolute highlights of both superhero and action/horror cinema.

It sure is good they only ever made two of them!

kwisatz

kwisatz

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Dec 09, 2022, 11:03:37 PMIt sure is good they only ever made two of them!

what Fincher said

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Bullet Train

"Diesel, the f**kin' worst."

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 09, 2022, 05:58:17 PMPeople rave about Blade II but honestly I think the first once is so much better.

I genuinely like all three.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed