Aliens: Bug Hunt - Aliens Anthology Announced!

Started by alienscollection.com, May 10, 2016, 08:21:28 PM

Author
Aliens: Bug Hunt - Aliens Anthology Announced! (Read 108,182 times)

Hudson

Hudson

Just ordered it. Looking forward to seeing what's in here based on descriptions I've read so far.

I finally started Alien Out of the Shadows and can't put it down. Massive improvement over the Dark Horse series. Very excited to continue on with Titan's run of the franchise.

SM

SM

I recently re-read Criminal Enterprise.  Like a lot of the old Dark Horse Press stuff I found it a bit meh when I first read it years ago.  This time wasn't too bad though.  I'd forgotten how sweary it was.  :laugh:

Ultramorph

I'm excited to have the DHP stuff back in print, I missed a lot of it.

SM

I missed DNA War.

Russ840

I really enjoyed the first story. Good start. Now onto Reapers.

SM

Yeah I dunno about the first one.  Some bits were good
Spoiler
the Floaters and the Alien making a hive inside a dead one
[close]

Other bits, not so much.
Spoiler
An egg the size of a potato?
[close]

Russ840

Yeah. That bit at the end was not as strong as the bulk of the story. I really enjoyed it overal though.

How far you in ?

HuDaFuK

Hoping to pick up a copy of this at the weekend. Although unfortunately I'm in the middle of a massive and incredibly engrossing book, so I probably won't get around to reading it for a few weeks lol.

Russ840

What you reading?  I'm gonna start Stephen King's IT after Bug Hunt. It's quiet large.

HuDaFuK

A spy/terrorism thriller from a couple of years ago called I Am Pilgrim. Was recommended by a complete stranger in the book shop. It's excellent if you like that kind of thing.

SM

Quote from: Russ840 on Apr 19, 2017, 07:08:10 AM
Yeah. That bit at the end was not as strong as the bulk of the story. I really enjoyed it overal though.

How far you in ?

Fourth story.  I forget what it's called.
Spoiler
The one with Hicks.
[close]
Enjoying this one the most so far.  Abnett's story was good too.  The Bishop story was a bit hit and miss.

Hudson

Quote from: SM on Apr 19, 2017, 03:21:56 AM
I recently re-read Criminal Enterprise.  Like a lot of the old Dark Horse Press stuff I found it a bit meh when I first read it years ago.  This time wasn't too bad though.  I'd forgotten how sweary it was.  :laugh:

To be fair, that one's the best from that series although I haven't read Cauldron yet. Haven't heard good things though.

This should be coming in the mail today and I can read along with everyone.

Russ840

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 19, 2017, 09:57:42 AM
A spy/terrorism thriller from a couple of years ago called I Am Pilgrim. Was recommended by a complete stranger in the book shop. It's excellent if you like that kind of thing.

That title rings a bell.

Is it like a Bourne type thing ?

HuDaFuK

Not other than the fact it stars a modern-day intelligence operative.

It's basically just the tried and true "retired agent is called back into the fold to catch dangerous madman" story that's been done plenty of times before. It's just done bloody well. Really well written and despite being so long it's never dragged once.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Just re-read the first story. Man, it was weird!

I really liked
Spoiler
the cigar-smoking xeno in the dream at the end.
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed