DNA assimilation

Started by Eidotemit, Jan 23, 2007, 02:45:25 PM

Author
DNA assimilation (Read 6,596 times)

SM

SM

QuoteSo Fincher considers the theatrical version to be cannon, that is just one more reason for it to be so.

Never heard anyone connected with the films use the word 'canon', but in terms of what the Alien came out of, the Workprint that Fincher worked on had Spike.  Fincher had no hand in assembling the SE that had Babe the Ox.

Meathead320

Meathead320

Quote from: SM on Jan 31, 2007, 01:23:05 AM
QuoteSo Fincher considers the theatrical version to be cannon, that is just one more reason for it to be so.

Never heard anyone connected with the films use the word 'canon', but in terms of what the Alien came out of, the Workprint that Fincher worked on had Spike.  Fincher had no hand in assembling the SE that had Babe the Ox.

So in other words, Fincher filmed the movie to show a "dog breed" (or whatever else you want to call it) alien?

I always figured it was a dog hosted alien. I love the SE, but the host was always a dog to me, ever since I saw A3 in theatres.

SM

SM

No he filmed it to show a cougar like Alien that was fast and got around on all fours.  He wasn't overly fussed what it came from as far as I know.  He would've preferred the ox but it didn't work out that way, and he eventually accepted the dog.  The change to Spike came very late in the piece and the Alien design by ADI and Giger wasn't conceived to have come from a dog - it was always intended to come from an ox.

The actual scene of it bursting out of Spike was filmed very late.   Probably after the LA reshoot around the same time they reshot Ripley's dive into the furnace, some weeks before release.

Meathead320

Meathead320

Man, A3 is quite the pickle.

Viewing the "making of" makes me very happy we got a movie that did not ruin the franchise.

SM

SM

The domestic box office and critical response would suggest otherwise.

If not for Europe and Japan it would've been a complete dud.

Meathead320

Meathead320

What I meant by, not ruin the franchise, is that it did not add to or take away from the alien lifecycle, that can never be repaired.

It did not blatantly take away from the alien itself what made us fans love it in the first place.

Money wise it is a good thing for Europe and Japan.

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

Quote from: SM on Jan 31, 2007, 12:02:09 AM

QuoteAlso if it were to have hoofed feet, why would it also not have paw like feet?

Do humans have four thumbs?

...no. What are you getting at with that? I was saying that the aliens have certain characteristics that no matter what the host will come through. Head shape, the tail, hand configuration (ya, I know they were different in all the movies except A:R and AvP, and Alien and A3. I prefer the Alien A3 design, but since if you count each conjoined finger as a single digit, each alien from each film has four fingers, so I say canonically they have four fingers to avoid that little plot-hole) behavior, etc.

The runner was diffferent, in part because of the host obviously, regardless of weather it was ox or dog. Im saying it could be because it was a different type aswell, from the queen facehugger in order to protect the queen and get things ready for it. It was faster than wat we've seen before, and moved differenty, but was the all-fours because of the ox or dog? The Aliens in other films also crawl on all fours, even hang upside down and move and get in positions (aside from crawling on celings and walls) that are unatural and impossible for humans. The Dragon was also seen on hind legs going bi-pedal from time to time aswell.

The human born aliens had dorsal spikes. Im going under the impression that they were for balance, for reasons disscussed in the thread concerning them. Nothing in humans would justify those, so its something that the alien was going to have regardless of host. The runner didn't, because being on all four primarily, it didn't need them. I adressed however that it may not have been the host that made it go on all fours. The Human born aliens were very apt at moving on all fours, so if an alien came out that way because thats how the host moved, doesnt seem nesissary. So perhaps it was because this special type of alien to clear the way for the queen, gather host, and protect the queens host, was this way because it needed to move faster to be able to effectivly do all this by itself.

SM

SM

Quote...no. What are you getting at with that?

You were talking about Aliens with hoofs and paws, when the Alien bred from a four legged animal clearly has the same sort of hands as the Nostromo creature.

Quotebut since if you count each conjoined finger as a single digit, each alien from each film has four fingers, so I say canonically they have four fingers to avoid that little plot-hole

Thing is, the four fingers are often NOT joined into two in both Alien and Alien3.

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

I know that they clearly have the smae sort of hands, I was deffending that point.

and in alien and A3 the pointer and middle were together, and the ring and pinky were aswell, since they were seemingly coinjoined together (even when their fingers were sread those couples were always together)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed