Alien Resurrection on the ps1

Started by shakermakerman, Mar 19, 2017, 03:31:36 PM

Author
Alien Resurrection on the ps1 (Read 12,470 times)

SM

SM

Main problem I found was the movement was so slow.

Perfect-Organism

I did complete and enjoy this game way back when.  I used an online guide the whole way through.  I didn't realize there was a prima guide.  I may have to pick that up and give this a go again some day.

PsyKore

PsyKore

Quote from: Apollo on Jan 20, 2018, 06:17:15 PM
unfortunately and those controls went over peoples heads. Ironically those controls would be popularised by Call of Duty and the like.

Yeah. I think this game came out a bit after analog sticks were becoming the norm, but not many people had them yet. I remember it being a lot easier to control when I played it on PS2 with the analog sticks years later.

Perfect-Organism

I only ever played this on the PS2, so I missed the whole issue you guys are experiencing in PS1.  I am tempted to fire up the old PS2 now.  Last I recall, the joystick died..

Wweyland

Wweyland

I am playing this on the EPSX emulator. It plays rather great, even the mouse works and the video resolution is doubled. I am having trouble with switching weapons, I have to do some manual controller switching to enable the switch key which is a hassle.

lost dragon

lost dragon

Another review

Corporal Hicks

I think that's ones missing a page, Dragon.

lost dragon

lost dragon

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 23, 2018, 08:36:08 AM
I think that's ones missing a page, Dragon.

It's odd as files appear as 1 image but are 2 pages..right..bear with me 😅

Missing pages now added

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Wweyland on Jan 18, 2018, 03:15:28 PM
Was surprised my Playstation 3 could actually play this game. I think it even made the graphics a bit better.
All models of the PS3 can natively play PS1 games. Only certain launch models of the PS3 can play PS2 games, though.

Quote from: iain on Jan 21, 2018, 09:02:52 AM
Had this game for years but the controls put me off so never played for more than 5 mins.
It's the first console FPS to use the now-standard dual-stick look/move system that was popularized by Halo.

Wweyland

Wweyland

I actually managed to finish the game on an emulator. It get's easier once you know the weapons, enemies and tricks that the game pulls on you. The number one thing is to conserve ammo and only use the pistol on eggs and facehuggers. Christies dual pistols are awesome but they are only in one level.

molasar

molasar

SM

SM

I wonder if Ripley "got it"...?

Interesting watch, but I think it works better as first person.

Xeno Killer 2179

Third person definitely doesn't suit this game. I wonder how an android gets face hugged though. Don't remember that in the final game as there was one Call level and the portable surgery pickups I think only show up for Ripley later in the game. Perhaps Call could throw them at NPCs? Also, did getting facehugged twice reset  the countdown? Could be a strategy to keep getting facehugged until the end of the level to get to the finish.

SiL

SiL

Facehuggers ignore you if you're impregnated. They follow you, but they idle until you kill them or you remove the burster.

Xeno Killer 2179

Xeno Killer 2179

In the video at 17:40 they get hugged once, then hugged again in a minute and the countdown reset. I meant if that made it in the final game it could have been a strategy. Also, I was asking because I was not sure if I interpreted the video correctly or had bad memory. I rewatched to confirm.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed